Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The amusing part of this is that if you asked pretty much everyone on this forum (including me) to name the top 5 midfielders RM would target to replace Casemiro, given that they signed Camavinga last season and Tchouaméni this, and already have Modric, Kroos & Valverde, I suspect hardly anyone would have put PEH on the list.

I may be putting 2 + 2 together and making 27.

But I note, Ancelotti was keen to push Casemiro out the door, and has prior interest in PEH.

And Conte said at yesterday's presser, I paraphrase, that any player leaving (by which I assume he means the core squad, not the banished 4), would need to be replaced.

If Paratici thought he could get eg Zaniolo & SMS with the extra money from the PEH deal, Conte might be persuaded to sell him.

Most people aren’t saying he’s shit, just that he’s not untouchable. Maybe at this point in the window it’s too late, but top clubs sell good players all the time.

Madrid sold a 28 year old Varane last season and 30 year old Casemiro. Clearly they didn’t miss Varane.

City sold Jesus and Sterling in prime years.

Liverpool sold Coutinho for a fortune.

If we never sell any decent players, how do we expect to compete with clubs that have more money? We have to be careful because we can’t afford many mistakes, but some here think that selling makes you a “selling club” but in reality all the well run top clubs do it.

I am not saying to sell PEH but just that to consider it, is not preposterous.
We haven’t been a selling club for some time now . There’s only a handful of clubs might be considered a more attractive proposition than us

If it’s good business you consider it

The amusing part of this is that if you asked pretty much everyone on this forum (including me) to name the top 5 midfielders RM would target to replace Casemiro, given that they signed Camavinga last season and Tchouaméni this, and already have Modric, Kroos & Valverde, I suspect hardly anyone would have put PEH on the list.

I may be putting 2 + 2 together and making 27.

But I note, Ancelotti was keen to push Casemiro out the door, and has prior interest in PEH.

And Conte said at yesterday's presser, I paraphrase, that any player leaving (by which I assume he means the core squad, not the banished 4), would need to be replaced.

If Paratici thought he could get eg Zaniolo & SMS with the extra money from the PEH deal, Conte might be persuaded to sell him.
Whether you rate PEH or not, adding SMS offers different stylistic options to Skipp, Biss and Benta

I'd say learn from not selling the likes of Alli, Winks etc at the right time. There is always a sweet spot when it comes to selling If its a very good offer like £40m+ then i'd do it. Not great timing in terms of the season started and only 11 days to get a replacement sorted but i'd trust Paratici. Why shouldnt we go for De Jong as a replacement, or Neves?

PEH against Chelsea: 4 tackles, 6 clearances, 3 blocked shots, 90% complete passes (and highest number of passes from a non-CB), 1 key pass, ONE FUCKING GOAL

Posters on here: plodder, can't play, bench him, can't defend

:contesideeye:

Crazy that whoever we have had at Spurs since we signed him play him literally every minute of every game though isn't it lads? Mustn't know what they're doing :contelol:
Show me where is this 4 tackles and the so call 6 clearances. The 90% complete passes are to the side and to the back, absolutely irrelevant.

Nowadays people are really losing their mind, judging a performance based on stats, rather their eyes.
This ain't how football works.

If i can dig deep i can probably find stats where Son was great in that Chelsea match, yet he was utter garbage.

Again i have kept a close eyes on him and Benta and there was terrible all match, beside the goal for PEH.

Some people are so bias on here it's ridiculous. And i have never claim we should sell him or so. He is just not a first starter for a team with decent ambitious for something more than just fight for top 4. Even as a top 4 contender he is just not good enough.

He is a great squad player though.

Show me where is this 4 tackles and the so call 6 clearances. The 90% complete passes are to the side and to the back, absolutely irrelevant.

Nowadays people are really losing their mind, judging a performance based on stats, rather their eyes.

If i can dig deep i can probably find stats where Son was great in that Chelsea match, yet he was utter garbage.

Again i have kept a close eyes on him and Benta and there was terrible all match, beside the goal for PEH.

Some people are so bias on here it's ridiculous. And i have never claim we should sell him or so. He is just not a first starter for a team with decent ambitious for something more than just fight for top 4. Even as a top 4 contender he is just not good enough.

He is a great squad player though.

Utterly wrong post but as it’s you that’s posted it, I’m not surprised.

I do like Hoijberg

But he's definitely upgradable. Not this late in the window though

Sell him and I'm pretty sure we'd regret it at this stage

We won't though

I guess your eyes missed the brilliant thru ball which put Kane in a 1-on-1 with the keeper in the 1st half, you fucking melt.

I'd say learn from not selling the likes of Alli, Winks etc at the right time. There is always a sweet spot when it comes to selling If its a very good offer like £40m+ then i'd do it. Not great timing in terms of the season started and only 11 days to get a replacement sorted but i'd trust Paratici. Why shouldnt we go for De Jong as a replacement, or Neves?

So if Fab decides it's too late in the window to create a hole in the squad (that he might not have been scouting for!) then you're cool with that I assume?

Last edited:
I’m calling BS on the rumours to Madrid. They are selling Casemiro because they have an abundance of options in their midfield, why would they then go full knee jerk and over pay for PEH? Makes no sense.

No, obviously we'd need a replacement and i wouldnt sell until we had someone lined up.

I'd be inclined to assume that we don't have someone lined up.

Trusting Fab doesn't simply mean just assuming he'll find a suitable replacement at the 11th hour. It means accepting that he (potentially) doesn't deem it a good idea to sell.

I'd be inclined to assume that we don't have someone lined up.

Trusting Fab doesn't simply mean just assuming he'll find a suitable replacement at the 11th hour. It means accepting that he (potentially) doesn't deem it a good idea to sell.
If it would give Conte the hump i wouldnt sell. If we cant get a good replacement i wouldnt sell. But i'm pretty sure Paratici and his network plan for all sorts of eventualities and you'd hope he wouldnt be thumbing through a list of central midfielders on August 31st. Again no good replacement lined up then no sale. We hold the cards on this one. Still think its moot and he'll 99% be here on the 1st September.

If it would give Conte the hump i wouldnt sell. If we cant get a good replacement i wouldnt sell. But i'm pretty sure Paratici and his network plan for all sorts of eventualities and you'd hope he wouldnt be thumbing through a list of central midfielders on August 31st. Again no good replacement lined up then no sale. We hold the cards on this one. Still think its moot and he'll 99% be here on the 1st September.

I can imagine their interest being legit..... I don't see them offering big money though..... It'd more likely be a case of them hoping the glam-factor of RM would turn PEH's head enough for him to ask/agitate for a move.

dont want to lose him. even if bentancur and bissouma are better than PEH, hes a good personality to have about the place imo. you dont give up warriors easily because when youre left with none youre in deep shit.

the only problem i have with PEH is sometimes he looks to moan at teammates when the fuck up was mainly his fault. other than that hes a great player to have about the club.

Back
Top Bottom