Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has some skills of a DM but does not play that style. I think an issue is he is willing to go into a tackle, I don't think he is great at it. I think of a Kante for example where when you see him go into a tackle he so often makes the tackle without fouling and comes up with the ball. I don't see PEH being that kind of guy. I also think he pushes up more than a traditional DM would.

So no not really describing the qualities of a DM.
He’s willing to pass ... but not great at it
He’s willing to tackle ... but not great at it

he’s not really a dm

you know what I’m beginning to agree with ya

He’s willing to pass ... but not great at it
He’s willing to tackle ... but not great at it

he’s not really a dm

you know what I’m beginning to agree with ya

He seems to work quite hard. And that is about it. The best example of what we've acquired to "strengthen" our central midfield came at about 25 mins, when Son had a shot cleared by a defender and Hojbjerg was in position to recover the ball, had a poor first touch, lost the ball, and proved he had the pace of a donkey when trying to chase down the following counter attack. He tries. He's and honest footballer. A decent Southampton level player. But that is his ceiling.

Its early days with him but there is a reason he never stood out at Southampton , basically a decent mid table squad player at best.
But we all knew that already didn't we....

Its early days with him but there is a reason he never stood out at Southampton , basically a decent mid table squad player at best.
But we all knew that already didn't we....
that's the market we now shop in

wonder if season ticket prices will come to reflect this

like hell they will

Hojberg will be Tottenham’s Nemanja Matic and Mourinho has always leaned heavily on that style of player in his successful sides. Hojbjergc ould fill a similar role to Tottenham as Nemanja Matic did at Chelsea for Mourinho.

@ The Daily Telegraph :mourbye:

What is this guy doing in a Spurs shirt ?

could not see one thing about him that indicated any ability to play for Spurs, and bear in mind that average is my expectation now with any signings made

I think he can do a job as an enforcer but you can't have him and Winks playing together at CM if you want to be successful. It is clear that Winks' long passing is limited and Hojbjerg passing is limited in general (based on what I have seen).

I think he can do a job as an enforcer but you can't have him and Winks playing together at CM if you want to be successful. It is clear that Winks' long passing is limited and Hojbjerg passing is limited in general (based on what I have seen).
Mou rightfully doesn't trust the defence enough to play fewer defensive minded midfielders ahead of them though.

If we play something like GLC - PEH - Ndombele we'll get destroyed, no shielding.

He was far from excellent today, but I did think he had some nice moments anticipating play and actually completing tackles and winning the ball in a way that the Winks-Sissoko duo always struggles to do.

You see what Mourinho wants him to add to the mix. But he needs to be razor sharp and he wasn't that.

You seem to forget that our midfield and back looked really solid in 1st half, when he was put with Winks as double pivot. It was Dele and Lucas responsible for our struggles further up on the pitch.

I can't say I was impressed, but then nobody covered themselves in glory today. The one thing that really annoyed me was when he fouled someone (can't remember who) and he rolled over a dozen times to try and fool the ref. No time for such antics.

Back
Top Bottom