Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know how that took works, but seems kind of odd to assign a point value per move. Need to look into it more.

But here is the standard stats that most people use and he clearly isn't better defensively. Ndidi is one of the best.

Can't see much of a noticeable difference tbh

Can't see much of a noticeable difference tbh

Tackles, the marker of activity is 1.5 more. That is pretty significant. Interceptions is one more, which again is pretty significant.

But I don't just trust stats. I trust pedigree and the eye test. If we want a true DM we go for Ndidi. If we want a Box to Box midfielder that can also put in a tackle, we would then go for James Ward Prowse.

There are three screenshots below of JWP vs PEH. If we want a busy midfielder, I would rather go with the one who is also more effective going forward. We can pick players with stats all day. It's the eye test for me and PEH doesn't pass the DM test for me.

Don't know how that took works, but seems kind of odd to assign a point value per move. Need to look into it more.

But here is the standard stats that most people use and he clearly isn't better defensively. Ndidi is one of the best.

It seems like Mourinho wants Höjbjerg, not Ndidi. It looks like he's coming this way. Instead of doing like you do, trying to show that he's bad, I'm trying to show that he's really good defensively. In fact better than Ndidi.

I'm choosing an analytics tool for this and it backs up my hopes.

So I'm happy with this signing, and if he turns bad I'll at least be happy until then. You've been sad all along. So I win.

Last edited:
Not seeing it with this guy Hojbjerg. Just hoping Mou sees a way to use him that gets more out of him than we have seen at Southampton.

He's not a DM, as people keep talking about.

He. Is. Not. A. DM.

He is a no.8 or even an AMC who has been shoehorned into a deeper role at Southampton.

Leicester is a much better team. Some players do better with better players and systems around them.

Southampton´s manager Ralph Hasenhuttl spoke today about Hojbjerg´s future:

"I am not surprised that this (question) comes. What can I say? I can say that we have a player here that has one more year contract and he's our player, we'd like him to stay as long as he has a contract. If somebody else wants to get him, then they must make a make a good offer.
And even then, we have to decide, we as a club, the player has to decide, so we have to find a win-win situation and then everybody is happy. As long as we don't have this, he is our player and he will stay with us. He wants to give everything as long as he is with us. This is what I expect because he is our player, he gets money from us, he's paid by us. This is what he should do. About his future, he knows that there is some interest and hopefully, yeah, a club that wants him really shows that they want him. If not, he stays with us."

By the way, for those wanting to know more about Hojbjerg, I recommend the second half of Southampton vs Brighton. It shows some good aspects of his game, even considering that both teams are on vacation (he started as a RB, so I missed the first 45 minutes).

Last edited:
It seems like Mourinho wants Höjbjerg, not Ndidi. It looks like he's coming this way. Instead of doing like you do, trying to show that he's bad, I'm trying to show that he's really good defensively. In fact better than Ndidi.

I'm choosing a analytics tool for this and it backs up my hopes.

So I'm happy with this signing, and if he turns bad I'll at least be happy until then. You've been sad all along. So I win.

I respect your argument. I don't agree with it and you are more than welcome to WIN!

Back
Top Bottom