Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every player should be supported upon signing.

We've seen plenty of players who haven't been world beaters at other clubs then join better clubs and raise their level to higher standards. Surrounded by better players, coached by better coaches etc.

IF Hojbjerg is a player Mourinho wanted and he's got him then it's a clean slate. Who gives a shit what he did or did not do at Southampton. We're Spurs. And we shall judge him on how many Woolwich players he kicks in the cunt in the NLD.

Every player should be supported upon signing.

We've seen plenty of players who haven't been world beaters at other clubs then join better clubs and raise their level to higher standards. Surrounded by better players, coached by better coaches etc.

IF Hojbjerg is a player Mourinho wanted and he's got him then it's a clean slate. Who gives a shit what he did or did not do at Southampton. We're Spurs. And we shall judge him on how many Woolwich players he kicks in the cunt in the NLD.
Once the player runs on to the pitch in a Spurs shirt of course they should be supported. No quarrels with that.

That doesn't mean to say the quality or the level of players being targeted should be supported.
That's pretty much giving a free pass to the owners.

They are the last people at a football club that should be above criticism

Once the player runs on to the pitch in a Spurs shirt of course they should be supported. No quarrels with that.

That doesn't mean to say the quality or the level of players being targeted should be supported.
That's pretty much giving a free pass to the owners.

They are the last people at a football club that should be above criticism

No, of course.

I mean Deeney for example, whilst should be judged on his time at Spurs, would be disappointing. I don't get the same disappointment for Hojbjerg.

There are better defensive midfielders out there who could do a lot more - but for Prem proven, at the price he is, with his age and experience. It's an alright signing, especially if the manager has been backed with his choice.

I really think he means what he says,he seems sincere. A Jan type character, he sounds intelligent, just like the Belgians. And he has great thighs

He is a very intelligent person. It is obvious after seeing the I review above and this:

Sometimes players that are too cerebral can struggle at the highest level. They can think too much.

Just to add, after watching some video of the lad, I think his technical skills are underrated. To support this opinion, you don’t make your senior team debut at 17 at Bayern Munich under Pep if your technical skills are poor.

I really like him. I think he will be a great player for us.

I'm sure you said you'd fully support the signing of Troy Deeney

lowest-Limbo-dance-ever-extreme-funny-man.gif
Is support any player that signs

You seem to enjoy a good pre planned hate agenda.
I don’t enjoy slaying players, I wish they were better. Until someone plays shit I’ll give them a clean slate, despite the fact I might not be over the moon about them.

He'd be a good signing for West Ham, EvertonEverton etc especially at the price but IMO he's coming to Spurs as first choice and our aspirations should be higher, if our squad was deeper and I was confident we'd be signing bona fide quality alongside Hojboj I'd be happier about it. I'd say he's decent and we need better than decent if we want to bother the top teams again.
You genuinely seem to think we are better than him, and that’s what’s funny

Is support any player that signs

You seem to enjoy a good pre planned hate agenda.
I don’t enjoy slaying players, I wish they were better. Until someone plays shit I’ll give them a clean slate, despite the fact I might not be over the moon about them.
Except you decide some are shit after only 2 games while others you support through their shitness for years (Dier)

I'm not sure I get this attitude that we should be signing players from better clubs than Southampton. I don't recall Liverpool fans kicking up such a fuss that they signed a defender from Southampton; or indeed a winger.

I can't give too many examples of players who have improved after taking a 'step down'; but can think of plenty that improved after taking a 'step up'.

Playing with the guys over at Saints is going to be a different kettle of fish to Spurs. He will now have Ndombele, Lo Celso, Alli, Son and Kane to play with.

He seems intelligent enough to do the job that the coach asks him to do which; similar to Winks will probably not be too flashy; but enough to create the space for our flair players to shine.

Except you decide some are shit after only 2 games while others you support through their shitness for years (Dier)
Not really two games but 1000 minutes of laziness I think I’ve had enough.
And even if it is two games, it’s still a judgement on what they’ve done on the pitch.

I’ve still given them a clean slate unlike some people with their pre judged agenda.

It’s a silly chain that leads back to a hatred of ENIC and no more.

Slate Hojbjerg, while pretend they give him a chance. “He’s a plodder but you never know he might be good but he’s bargain basement”
Pathetic.

If he’s good, then they can claim they always backed him. If the team is still crap, they can also blame the “cheap punt”.

If the team improves but doesn’t quite win the quadruple, then they can still moan that “Hojbjerg was a lucky punt but the real investment still lacks”.

All so very fucking boring.
If Ndombele and Dele play like world beaters, I’ll happily look the cunt because it benefits Spurs that they do....but not going to sit here and let anyone tell me Ndombele should be the player we build our midfield around and he’s some elite talent, then claim Hojbjerg is not good enough.

If you like crap, then “mid table plodders” should be right up your street.

I'm not sure I get this attitude that we should be signing players from better clubs than Southampton. I don't recall Liverpool fans kicking up such a fuss that they signed a defender from Southampton; or indeed a winger.

I can't give too many examples of players who have improved after taking a 'step down'; but can think of plenty that improved after taking a 'step up'.

Playing with the guys over at Saints is going to be a different kettle of fish to Spurs. He will now have Ndombele, Lo Celso, Alli, Son and Kane to play with.

He seems intelligent enough to do the job that the coach asks him to do which; similar to Winks will probably not be too flashy; but enough to create the space for our flair players to shine.

Comparing to VVD and Mane lol

Quite likely that he will just ignore that post, keeps silence for 1h and then comes back to talk about something entirely different like nothing happened :D .
Always more convinient to hide/ never answer / throw around meaningless blah-blah / ask empty rhetorical questions than to actually address the point, isn't it ;) .
Since when has this guy been a Roy Keane type!

THANK YOU for proving my point!
Absolutely unable to explain himself to even minimal extent. When someone calls you up or asks to explain his points, just absolutely vanishes and then comes back with new issues to whine about in few hours time.

So easy to see through. Just idiot being here for kick of whining. Extremely good fit with ArcspacE - both run and hide or give rhetorical/ bullshit answers instead of providing explanation. Just goes to show the extreme cowardice and stupidity. Or poor trolling ability. Or combination of those factors. What a sad bunch.

Fortunately enough room for the pair in my ignore list :) - not possible to actually discuss anything if they hide with a slightest sight of argumentation.

No, of course.

I mean Deeney for example, whilst should be judged on his time at Spurs, would be disappointing. I don't get the same disappointment for Hojbjerg.

There are better defensive midfielders out there who could do a lot more - but for Prem proven, at the price he is, with his age and experience. It's an alright signing, especially if the manager has been backed with his choice.
That's the key thing for me, that it seems that Mourinho was 100% behind this signing, it's not like he had a cheap alternative foisted upon him against his will.

He would undoubtedly have preferred Casemiro but would have realised that his £180 million buy out and £330,000 a week wages were a shade over what we could pay

THANK YOU for proving my point!
Absolutely unable to explain himself to even minimal extent. When someone calls you up or asks to explain his points, just absolutely vanishes and then comes back with new issues to whine about in few hours time.

So easy to see through. Just idiot being here for kick of whining. Extremely good fit with ArcspacE - both run and hide or give rhetorical/ bullshit answers instead of providing explanation. Just goes to show the extreme cowardice and stupidity. Or poor trolling ability. Or combination of those factors. What a sad bunch.

Fortunately enough room for the pair in my ignore list :) - not possible to actually discuss anything if they hide with a slightest sight of argumentation.

Oh no some stupid American is ignoring me !

Back
Top Bottom