Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having watched the game again this wasn't just a good performance against a poor side this was a break out performance by a potentially very good player.

For a player who's known for his disruptive influence rather than his creative prowess he put up some pretty impressive numbers - he alone had 10.8% possession one in every 10 touches on the pitch, he completed 108 passes (67 forward) again the most of any player. He didn't make any tackles or interceptions but showed that he's more than a one dimensional player ...

I still think a strong defensive midfield player is a must have but today against a park-the-bus defence the Hojbjerg / Winks possession combo worked very well - they so controlled the midfield it allowed the attacking players ample time to create more than enough chances to have scored 4 or 5 ....

Sure it was only a piss poor Newcastle but he went up a lot in my estimation today ... and he's only 25 his best years are still to come.

Last edited:
He's not a "nasty little fucker" though.

This is a nasty little fucker
41416231_700361283677544_1941384037369118720_n.png

And ten times the player Pierre Iceberg is.

He is indeed a nasty little fucker, but from everything I've seen he's total shit on the ball.

We could probably use a real 6, but Barrios is no superstar and would struggle on a top PL team where everyone needs to be able to play football.

Absolutely absurd those writing him off after 1 or 2 games for us.

The usual lads that know nothing about football and thought Chochev was better than Modric.

We live in a world of children with zero patience.

He is indeed a nasty little fucker, but from everything I've seen he's total shit on the ball.

We could probably use a real 6, but Barrios is no superstar and would struggle on a top PL team where everyone needs to be able to play football.
We're obsessed by how good a player is on the ball aren't we, now we're praising Winks and Iceberg for not looking shit against a team that had 10 men behind the ball.

The difference Barrios would make is that he genuinely protects the defence and retrieves the ball relentlessly. That would have allowed us to play Lo Celso alongside him and given us room for another more creative midfielder in the team.

Are people seriously writing him off?

Usual suspects...

The cult of Levy are out in force over this one mate.

It's a bang average signing at best that's now being turned into a Levy masterstroke.

I wonder if these same people were lauding Southampton when they signed this guy from Bayern!
AVERAGE PLODDER SIGNED BY SPURS GIVES IMPRESSIVE INTERVIEW AFTER UNVEILING AT HOTSPUR WAY☆

☆ fans convinced he's a worldbeater. Sucking off the chairman ensue's ☆
A typical cheap ENIC cunt signing trying to be clever - utter waste of wages and agent fees a

He was excellent.

They were nullified the whole game.

The defence as a unit did their job superbly.

Then the F.A. and the ref thought ''that's enough of that''.
They weren't nullified, they never attacked, they sat 40 yards from goal hoping to win a free kick and launch it into the box. Their midfield and Wilson were 40 yards apart.

It was Palace or Burnley at home last season all over again

Can't judge Hojbjerg or Winks on yesterday's game really. They weren't pressed or challenged in any way by a woeful Newcastle performance. Some good forward passing from Hojbjerg though, and a good cross that Kane could have scored from.

Back
Top Bottom