Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And his celebration of the Aurier tackle.. pumped Aurier right up..proper leader. Spurs lacked leaders they said..now there is Dier in defence and Hojberg in midfield, absolutely commanding presences.
Probably for the best that there isn't a season 2 of All or Nothing, but it would be fascinating to see what the dressing room dynamic is like now (especially at half time) compared to what we saw from last season.

At times there might as well have been a tumbleweed blow across the floor when José was trying to get them going. Thank fuck we have guys like Højbjerg now.

Not at all but keep making shit up if it makes you feel better.

Lol..... Seems like every dispute you get yourself into ends up with you peddling that line.

.....Either that or you just washing your hands of the original context and you just declaring "I don't care...." and doubling down on a newly spun narrative.

- PEH
- Sissoko/White
- 'That list'
- Jose being "forced" to play wingers as CAMs.

.....I'm sure the next example is just around the corner.

Probably for the best that there isn't a season 2 of All or Nothing, but it would be fascinating to see what the dressing room dynamic is like now (especially at half time) compared to what we saw from last season.

At times there might as well have been a tumbleweed blow across the floor when José was trying to get them going. Thank fuck we have guys like Højbjerg now.
Oh, I don't know; considering I was very anti the documentary, I was totally hooked, and would love to see a follow up.

He can be relied upon to work his socks off for 90 minutes, clearly a fierce competitor and a calm head for the age of him. Rarely gives it away, good range of passing for the job he has to do. Great vision on Sunday obviously for Aurier's goal (although vs 10 men).

I only really have 100% faith in him and Dier making the right choices of when to be nice and when to be a complete dirty bastard and just empty someone. We really were lacking that in the middle of the park. Additionally, I like that he carries himself in a way that makes me even more certain that he is as hard as as fucking nails without ever coming across as overly aggressive.

Lol..... Seems like every dispute you get yourself into ends up with you peddling that line.

.....Either that or you just washing your hands of the original context and you just declaring "I don't care...." and doubling down on a newly spun narrative.

- PEH
- Sissoko/White
- 'That list'
- Jose being "forced" to play wingers as CAMs.

.....I'm sure the next example is just around the corner.

No plenty of disputes end just fine actually.

It’s likely just your tendency to make shit up that leads you to think otherwise.

I was neverbutthurt, you have zero evidence that I was and yet you have to stick to this made up narrative since you went down that road and can’t admit you were wrong.

I haven’t changed anything in my views and have no need to. I have been clear on my views with PEH if you don’t like it fine but no need to make shit up.

No plenty of disputes end just fine actually.

It’s likely just your tendency to make shit up that leads you to think otherwise.

I was neverbutthurt, you have zero evidence that I was and yet you have to stick to this made up narrative since you went down that road and can’t admit you were wrong.

I haven’t changed anything in my views and have no need to. I have been clear on my views with PEH if you don’t like it fine but no need to make shit up.

Cobblers..... You accuse everyone of making shit up.... This thread alone attests to that.

I have been clear on my views with PEH
Your views :
Hjobjerg is not a terribly good passer
Certainly not what anyone would call creative.
He does nothing to help us break down a parked bus
Will not help us move the ball up the pitch
Does little to nothing to take pressure off the back 4 if being pressed.

Pretty damning indictment of the guy which is then conveniently watered down by yourself to "I have my concerns" .
Talk about a fucking cop out.
:mourfacepalm:

Your views :
Hjobjerg is not a terribly good passer
Certainly not what anyone would call creative.
He does nothing to help us break down a parked bus
Will not help us move the ball up the pitch
Does little to nothing to take pressure off the back 4 if being pressed.

Pretty damning indictment of the guy which is then conveniently watered down by yourself to "I have my concerns" .
Talk about a fucking cop out.
:mourfacepalm:

Not really a lot of the issues are fairly similar in nature so while it is a long list it comes down to his passing ability when pressed or in tight areas really.

And if you look at what most people think were his best games United, Newcastle, European games he was under very little pressure in those games so was not put under the pressure that would bring out the issue with his passing. In what was considered his poorest game, Everton, there was much more pressure from their midfield and he did not look as good.

That could have been down to him adjusting to a new team but we will get to find out as we continue to watch him play over the season. Early on I haven't seen anything to change my view that he has issues passing when under pressure. Hopefully, he has worked on that since Southampton and can show that it no longer is a concern.

Cobblers..... You accuse everyone of making shit up.... This thread alone attests to that.

I actually don't accuse everyone of making shit up. I only call it out when true and the fact that the response is never no this is where you said that shows that I am right.

For example you still have nothing to show that I was butthurt instead, as you do, you are now trying to spin in into this nonsense argument about me always accusing people of making shit up rather than proving that you didn't make shit up.

Not really a lot of the issues are fairly similar in nature so while it is a long list it comes down to his passing ability when pressed or in tight areas really.

And if you look at what most people think were his best games United, Newcastle, European games he was under very little pressure in those games so was not put under the pressure that would bring out the issue with his passing. In what was considered his poorest game, Everton, there was much more pressure from their midfield and he did not look as good.

That could have been down to him adjusting to a new team but we will get to find out as we continue to watch him play over the season. Early on I haven't seen anything to change my view that he has issues passing when under pressure. Hopefully, he has worked on that since Southampton and can show that it no longer is a concern.

Now you have explained yourself much more clearly and informatively. Whilst I disagree I can also respect your viewpoint. We shall see if he still performs as well as he has in future games when 'the heat is really switched on' and he comes under intense scrutiny and pressure (as you refer to).

Personally I don't think he'll let us down.
:mourthumb:

Back
Top Bottom