Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he was gonna be a bang average plodder but looks much better than I initially gave him credit for. Definitely a fan now.
He’s not just better than what I thought we’re getting to be honest, he’s a fucking revelation, he’s a perfect fit for what we need.

Whoever scouted him deserves a massive pay rise, he’s amazing.

And I keep on saying, just what the fuck was he doing at South Hampton, why was he there in the first place and why was he asked to play box to box? He’s the perfect DM.

He's a DM who won't screw up possession if pressed. Sandro and Wanyama both lacked that. A true revelation.

Him and Regie proving to be incredible signings. I have faith Doherty will come good too. Bale obviously will. Vinicius looks great and a perfect backup to Kane (who can even play with Kane if we need him to).

Rodon is a big question mark. If that transfer shows to be a CB who's match ready and better than Sanchez, we've had a perfect transfer season.

He's more settled now but he's also been playing much deeper the last 5 or so matches and it shows. Very solid, great cover for the backline. Not a destroyer but knows when to put a foot in and how to breakup play. Good positioning as well.

He seems like a smart player being asked to play a different position and he's figured it out.

Maybe Pep, Mourinho and Ancelotti know something about football after all.

At his dial in, Matt Le Tissier said that he thought he was a good player for Southampton, but didn't think he was the one to take us to the next level. He quantified that by saying that he might raise his game being in a better team.
I wasn't convinced with his first few showings, but happy to reserve judgment, as it takes time for players to settle. He has definitely improved and has shown he is a warrior. He doesn't have to wear the captain's armband to be a captain on the pitch.
So glad he is in our team, he has filled a huge gap in our midfield and has quickly become one of the first names on the team sheet.

At his dial in, Matt Le Tissier said that he thought he was a good player for Southampton, but didn't think he was the one to take us to the next level. He quantified that by saying that he might raise his game being in a better team.
I wasn't convinced with his first few showings, but happy to reserve judgment, as it takes time for players to settle. He has definitely improved and has shown he is a warrior. He doesn't have to wear the captain's armband to be a captain on the pitch.
So glad he is in our team, he has filled a huge gap in our midfield and has quickly become one of the first names on the team sheet.

True. You can visibly see him barking orders all game and that’s Fantastic to see. It’s like having Scotty Parker again

Back
Top Bottom