Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The bloke was born to play football with a bandage round his head.

I'm worried for when he does eventually get injured, but it seems like he is made from rubber and magic.

Players like him calm a team down when the shit hits the fan.

He might be my favourite this year.

Solid solid player. What a great signing! And better yet what a bargain!!!

I was watching Romeu play, he looks a very capable DM and plays in a similar style, maybe we should snap him up as a backup:)

Guys, I think you all need to reign it in with the praise for PEH.
Just kidding. :crouch:

I see his name on the starting list and I'm so happy I could shit. I would say Reggie is our best signing of the summer but Pierre only cost 3 mil + the un-nicknamable Walker-Peters.

DE7439-BA-7110-43-E9-8-C25-364-CA97-A7813.jpg

At his dial in, Matt Le Tissier said that he thought he was a good player for Southampton, but didn't think he was the one to take us to the next level. He quantified that by saying that he might raise his game being in a better team.
I wasn't convinced with his first few showings, but happy to reserve judgment, as it takes time for players to settle. He has definitely improved and has shown he is a warrior. He doesn't have to wear the captain's armband to be a captain on the pitch.
So glad he is in our team, he has filled a huge gap in our midfield and has quickly become one of the first names on the team sheet.
Also arguably one that we can least afford to lose already. We have good options/cover almost everywhere else, but no-one else who can bring what he does...

The first 100 pages of this thread are embarrassing to see now - full of people saying that he's not 'a real DM', can't pass etc.

Think he's proving to be a player who many didn't realise we needed.

And no I do not want a 'real DM'. I'm very happy with Hodjbjerg and think that Skipp next season will be a ready made alternative (even if not identical to Hojbjerg) - again combative with good interceptions, tackles and passing but not an old school 'real' DM, their time can been and gone.

One of our best buys this summer - showing his pedigree which took him to Bayern before Southampton. Absolute bargain at £15m (£3m plus KWP) and even if that was half price due to only having one year left on his contract, still looks to be a great buy and a key building block for Spurs for many years to come.

When you have a player like this on the pitch then they immediately gain the respect of their team mates. He is willing to fully commit to a tackle and it takes a guided missile to bring him down. The opposition are immediately put on the back foot by his aggressive style and manner, whilst the rest of the Spurs team must be inspired by his tenacity and attitude.

He is a born leader and that is obvious by the way people around him respond to his commands. I have the utmost respect for Hugo as our Captain but this guy is a natural at the job. He may not possess the silky skills of Kane and Son but you could safely bet your life on him putting a shift in every game.

We really need to rest him and Kane in the rest of the EL group games - they are the two in our squad who we would struggle to do without in tough games and we should easily have enough to qualify without them

When you have a player like this on the pitch then they immediately gain the respect of their team mates. He is willing to fully commit to a tackle and it takes a guided missile to bring him down. The opposition are immediately put on the back foot by his aggressive style and manner, whilst the rest of the Spurs team must be inspired by his tenacity and attitude.

He is a born leader and that is obvious by the way people around him respond to his commands. I have the utmost respect for Hugo as our Captain but this guy is a natural at the job. He may not possess the silky skills of Kane and Son but you could safely bet your life on him putting a shift in every game.
Anyone who has played competitive sports knows how important a guy like this is to the team. Always demands the best from his teammates and shows he's willing to give it all out there.

Absolutely love this guy and his work ethic seems to be off the charts.

He's been excellent lately. Playing through the bandaged head and bleeding wound without an ounce of bitching was epic. Still a lot of games to play but damn he's made a great impression so far.

Back
Top Bottom