Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks for posting this Boone. Fucking beautiful that Dier switch. It's something so simple because of a well drilled team.
That’s called having a footballing brain and a winning mentality. He does what gives the team the best chance to win at any cost while sacrificing any sort of glamour for himself. Glad he’s getting the recognition he deserves.

Square pegs and round holes never work

I still think Winks can be good for us in a 433 as a more all round midfielder

We need to find some use for him as the rules on home grown players in squads mean he's likely to kept around long term
An all round midfielder needs to be able to contribute in defence and attack.

Winks does neither of those.

Sell in the summer and start giving Skipp minutes.

An all round midfielder needs to be able to contribute in defence and attack.

Winks does neither of those.

Sell in the summer and start giving Skipp minutes.

Agreed, he's plateaued and if he wants to get better I think he needs to bulk up. If he can do that then I don't mind seeing him starting as a rotation player but (and maybe this is just me) his size is becoming an issue against alot of the bulky midfielders and defenders. He can still hit a half decent pass but he always seems to be forced to play the pass back because he has someone coming down on him.

Agreed, he's plateaued and if he wants to get better I think he needs to bulk up. If he can do that then I don't mind seeing him starting as a rotation player but (and maybe this is just me) his size is becoming an issue against alot of the bulky midfielders and defenders. He can still hit a half decent pass but he always seems to be forced to play the pass back because he has someone coming down on him.
I don't think him bulking up will do anything to improve his defending.

His anticipation and timing are always well off. A bit of muscle won't fix that.

Yeah, as I said, because of the squad rules we can't sell him....we can, but then we end up with one player less than we are allowed.
I think jose will sell Winks in summer and he'll give skipp the understudy to PEH role. That way we don't have to worry about home grown quota either.

I’ll say this again. What a bitter bunch of cunts Southampton fans are. They were all smiles and saying how average he is. He’s now at a proper big club looking like an absolute warrior of a player. What a signing.

I’ll say this again. What a bitter bunch of cunts Southampton fans are. They were all smiles and saying how average he is. He’s now at a proper big club looking like an absolute warrior of a player. What a signing.
They are in the negotiation stage right now. There's a narrative that both clubs got a great deal because KWP is doing well for them.

As much as I wish KWP well, he isnt half the player Hojbjerg is. We skinned them and as much will be obvious in the coming years.

PEH's movement and style remind me of.... Roy Keane...

A quieter version of course....
He actually reminds me more of Jisung Park of Man United. He is not popular but he was essential in their title runs. Not a superstar but a player that every contending team needs and dreams. Doesn't complain does his task with 110%. Basically a machine in the field.

He actually reminds me more of Jisung Park of Man United. He is not popular but he was essential in their title runs. Not a superstar but a player that every contending team needs and dreams. Doesn't complain does his task with 110%. Basically a machine in the field.
Interesting comparison. Both typical unsung heroes, give their all for the team.

I loved Three-Lungs Park (asian here, we don't have many in this league lol) but I dunno if he was ever an automatic starter or one of the first names on the teamsheet - 23 starts was his highest season for Man United and his average was like 13. He was mostly brought out for big games but not for the bread-and-butter ones - Man United had other DMs/utility CMs in the squad that were good enough for most. PEH I think is like an even higher level of importance to us because we don't have an okay replacement, we need him for every league game not just the big ones 😅 The fact that he has the highest touches+passes in the league shows how involved he is in making us tick.

But I know what you mean by how team players tend to get underappreciated. I like this quote by Rooney:
"It's crazy but if you mentioned Cristiano Ronaldo to a 12-year-old, they would immediately say, 'Yeah, he was a brilliant player for Manchester United.' But if you said 'Ji-sung Park' they may not know who he was. Yet all of us who played with Park know he was almost as important to our success. That's because of what Park gave to the collective and I want to talk about teams. They – not stars – are the most important thing in sport. People say our United team had all these great players. In reality our biggest strength was as a pure counterattacking machine. We would sit back in our shape, win the ball and just go. Park or Fletch – or both – were always involved. They were vital to us. Players like me, Ronaldo, Tevez got the headlines but they [Park and Fletcher] were as important as us if not more, because of what they did for the team. We knew that inside the dressing room — and also that because they were so good at sacrificing themselves, their actual individual quality was often overlooked."

Pure counterattacking machine...that sounds promising, no? :p

I do think that PEH has been slowly but surely getting more and more plaudits this season, he's been featured in some tactical videos/MOTDs and I notice other clubs’ forums realize he's been doing well this season, though obviously the ones they obsess over are Kane and Son (who are apparently carrying our average team this season :rolleyes:).

En2qBGhWMAYHcHg

Back
Top Bottom