Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love this. This is how you build a team culture. Whenever a new player arrives the players already there have to take them aside and tell them how we do things around here. Pierre will be great in that role for years to come and I hope that he becomes a heavy influence in our team culture going forward.

Best value for money signing in a long long time, probably since Eriksen.

Has the mentality we need. I think Reggie is another one with that mindset. It probably comes from being trained at clubs where winning the biggest honours was par for the course.

We need to add a few more similar guys to the squad and weed out the serial losers.

Levy needs another great summer. Funds are tight so I'm more forgiving, but Kane and Son aren't getting younger. And we're not that far off.

I feel like how Liverpool felt before that summer they signed Allison and VVD. Clear holes that once filled, turned them into serial champions. Our defence is similarly shaky, and we need one more creative but solid force in the midfield (along with the depth that Skipp will bring) to do something.

That and a nice striker to actually back up Kane. If we're not going to play Vinny, he doesn't count. Though I still think he has quality in him to be that backup.

I know we've got Harry but this here is legit Captain material :adesalute:
If/when Hugo goes I expect Pierre to enter the rotation and it will be Harry, Pierre, Davies in that order.

It makes sense. Promote Harry to first choice, make Pierre the secondary captain and Ben stays the third captain since he is most likely going to be a cup/secondary starter unless Reguilon leaves.

This will attract hundreds of negative reactions but I am starting to think that his lack of passing range is a big reason for how poor we are in possession.

Yea, what a shitty passer...
Should play the Black Pirlo (eg Sissoko) in his position, oh all the wonderful passes we could see then, right??

It's not even about negative reactions - the guy is just good!
Sure, he makes mistake now and then. But I have enjoyed PEH-Ndombele duo so much for the very reason that both members of this CM duo can in fact progress the ball and can keep it under the pressure.

Just would be awesome to have 3rd such player as well...

Also, historically it has been an issue that we can't get much support in attacking sense from our midfield - so let's take a moment to appreciate fact that Hjojberg has 1 goal + 3 assist and Ndombele 3 goals + 1 assist. If it continues like this, we might see something like 7 goals and 8 assists from CM duo which is very welcomed support!!

Was really good yesterday.

I feel like when we're at home against lesser opposition its got to be him + Tanguy in the CM Pivot so we can dominate matches.
Sissoko/Winks do alright but we lose attacking thrust and they aren't risk takers like the other 2.

Hojbjerg was good at being box to box although hopefully in the next few he sticks to being our CDM.

If/when Hugo goes I expect Pierre to enter the rotation and it will be Harry, Pierre, Davies in that order.

It makes sense. Promote Harry to first choice, make Pierre the secondary captain and Ben stays the third captain since he is most likely going to be a cup/secondary starter unless Reguilon leaves.

Agree, those 3 would form a solid leadership core for the team.

I may be forgetting someone, but he feels like the biggest 'immediate impact' signing since Van de Vaart.

Eriksen didn't have a bad first season either tbf.
Agreed.

I could see an argument for Toby as also having such an impact. But it was nowhere near as "important" as what Rafa had and Pierre is having on us.

I also agree with how someone else here described him as our most "money's worth" signing since Eriksen. But I'd argue that we started getting a "return" on the investment much quicker with Pierre. Eriksen needed a while to really get going. Pierre needed like one league game.

Back
Top Bottom