Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lovely pass for Harry's goal. I think his positoning looks off sometimes, both when he takes possession of the ball and when we are defending. Skipp seemed to take up better defensive positions today.

But him and Skipp seem like a decent pairing in the 4231. The best we have had for a little while, as a pair.

8 tackles today.
Really good in the midfield

(Although maybe Newcastle stood off us a bit in that department)
Only issue today was I feel sometimes his passing is very conservative i.e backwards or he picks the wrong option.
Agree but that matters less when Ndom and Skipp are also in there… when he’s the DM and everything is going through him, it’s a massive issue

He was very decent yesterday(just like skipp) . Again not sure that was because of himself or the opposition being terrible. Hopefully does the same vs Westham too.

I don't really get why Spurs supporters don't rate him.

Obviously he is more part of a solution than part of the problem. I am not saying he is flawless nor without any limitations. I don't claim that he is in top 5 DM's of the game.

But whenever used in reasonable lineup, he is a good option to have. He can do everything to some extent. He can defend - tackle, cover a lot of ground and put opposite players under pressure. He can control the ball and pass it quite decently, though mostly his passes are more on the conservative end; he has decent cross in him as well. And he can push forward and come up with occasional goal / assist as well. Across his time with us, he has scored 4 and assisted 6. That is goal or assist for roughly every 6 games. That is fair return from DM / CM. And on top of it all I have to say I like his attitude. He seems to be a fighter and proper guy.

Of course there could and should be more competition to our midfield. But if we look at alternatives to current pickings (which I believe are clearly the best) - in Skipp and PEH duo behind Ndombele - Alli, Winks and Lo Celso, I would say that all of them are obviously poorer options all around.

We can potentially upgrade on Hjojberg in the future. But he is not the part of the squad that needs the most attention really.

I don't really get why Spurs supporters don't rate him.

Obviously he is more part of a solution than part of the problem. I am not saying he is flawless nor without any limitations. I don't claim that he is in top 5 DM's of the game.

But whenever used in reasonable lineup, he is a good option to have. He can do everything to some extent. He can defend - tackle, cover a lot of ground and put opposite players under pressure. He can control the ball and pass it quite decently, though mostly his passes are more on the conservative end; he has decent cross in him as well. And he can push forward and come up with occasional goal / assist as well. Across his time with us, he has scored 4 and assisted 6. That is goal or assist for roughly every 6 games. That is fair return from DM / CM. And on top of it all I have to say I like his attitude. He seems to be a fighter and proper guy.

Of course there could and should be more competition to our midfield. But if we look at alternatives to current pickings (which I believe are clearly the best) - in Skipp and PEH duo behind Ndombele - Alli, Winks and Lo Celso, I would say that all of them are obviously poorer options all around.

We can potentially upgrade on Hjojberg in the future. But he is not the part of the squad that needs the most attention really.
Agree with this but the flip side is he’s been woeful against better sides. Let’s see how he does in the next two PL games alongside the far better defensively Skipp in a better balanced team

Agree with this but the flip side is he’s been woeful against better sides. Let’s see how he does in the next two PL games alongside the far better defensively Skipp in a better balanced team

I agree that he has had better and worse games.
But the line does not run between "better sides" and "worse sides". He was absolutely brilliant in season opener against ManCity. He was brilliant last season in NLD.

I hope that the setup where we start with Skipp and PEH as double-pivot with Ndombele or Lo Celso (or even Gil?) in front of them is the best option to start with. In some instances over course of the game it could be useful to change one out of Skipp-Hjojberg duo to someone more attacking minded, but starting pivot for now should be those two.

I agree that he has had better and worse games.
But the line does not run between "better sides" and "worse sides". He was absolutely brilliant in season opener against ManCity. He was brilliant last season in NLD.

I hope that the setup where we start with Skipp and PEH as double-pivot with Ndombele or Lo Celso (or even Gil?) in front of them is the best option to start with. In some instances over course of the game it could be useful to change one out of Skipp-Hjojberg duo to someone more attacking minded, but starting pivot for now should be those two.
Fair. Always thought PEH wasn’t suited to a DM role, and I still think that. Just doesn’t smell danger and is better suited to playing in the middle third

Absolute tosser this bloke. Shameful that he’s a first choice, utterly pointless against a half decent side
But he called it in the post match interview .. definitely alluded to something not being right.... Dunno if that's good or bad coming from him?!

Still, better keep him inside, as he surely has future managerial potential one day... Despite people's views on his playing ability/lack of... There's something about him that says Manager.... In the mould of Jol maybe...?

or just THE DANISH DYCHE!

Absolute tosser this bloke. Shameful that he’s a first choice, utterly pointless against a half decent side
Horrible sideways technically limited clogger - you get what you pay for - Saints reject who can barely run with the ball

He’s not 1/20th of the player Dembele was

Fuck off Levy - and spend the money on a real DM!

But he called it in the post match interview .. definitely alluded to something not being right.... Dunno if that's good or bad coming from him?!

Still, better keep him inside, as he surely has future managerial potential one day... Despite people's views on his playing ability/lack of... There's something about him that says Manager.... In the mould of Jol maybe...?

Ah well that’s alright then. Sick to death of having to listen to players come out with the “it wasn’t good enough” garbage only to keep serving up the same dogshit soup week after week.

It’s all just meaningless platitudes to con the fans into thinking they actually give a fuck and hurt like we do.

Oh and for what it’s worth hojberg is fucking rubbish!

But he called it in the post match interview .. definitely alluded to something not being right
He really wanted to call the bad apples out. Things are very messy behind the scenes and clearly not going to improve any time soon.

Levy - a poor chairman. Nuno - an ineffective manager with our team. Squad - a splintered group, some of whom evidently don't give a shit (and one of whom is definitely Harry Kane).

When it's rotten from head to tail, it's ultimately up to Levy to sort it out quickly and that's not happening because he doesn't know how. He's burnt bridges and taken wrong turn after wrong turn until he's like a bus stuck in a cul-de-sac.

Still charging the earth to watch these half-hearted tits go full headless chicken for 90 mins though!

Anyway, agree with many here. Pierre's been just as poor as anyone else of late. Some atrocious passing. Really needs to wake up.

I didn't get to see any interviews, what was he saying?

Fuck me, he hesitates doesn't he, then just says what's happening is unacceptable.
But also says he can't say any more.... Which is always a concern.
Why not, WHY or WHO is afraid of by saying any more...?

He also has a Cleaning Lady... So there goes his 'Man of the People 2021' award!

Back
Top Bottom