Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t think he will be first choice next season, I can’t see him starting 20 PL games assuming we have have Bissouma and Skipp who are both technically better

It remains to be seen who'll be chosen for the most important matches but I'm not sure that Conte even knows at this stage.

It will be helpful to have choices with CL and WC threatening to overwork the first team, to say nothing of our title challenge! :sonlol:

It remains to be seen who'll be chosen for the most important matches but I'm not sure that Conte even knows at this stage.

It will be helpful to have choices with CL and WC threatening to overwork the first team, to say nothing of our title challenge! :sonlol:
Agree sir and the five subs change still means plenty of appearances…. The game ‘closers’ could be as important as the starters, for that reason i would love to sign Bale as a strategic sub

I really hope that Conte would not know it...

It would be kind of awful if for example he would be dead set on Bissouma starting EPL games before he even sets foot to our training ground.

That is the beauty of competition for places - you make them work hardest they can and then you pick the best options for specific game and situation while managing the workload!

I just hope that I don't have to see PEH starting games against Liverpool or City for example. When opposition midfielders are fast, agile and energetic, everything gets too tight for him. While in most other games he can cope brilliantly.

I really hope that Conte would not know it...

It would be kind of awful if for example he would be dead set on Bissouma starting EPL games before he even sets foot to our training ground.

That is the beauty of competition for places - you make them work hardest they can and then you pick the best options for specific game and situation while managing the workload!

I just hope that I don't have to see PEH starting games against Liverpool or City for example. When opposition midfielders are fast, agile and energetic, everything gets too tight for him. While in most other games he can cope brilliantly.
He’s done alright against those two, he’s literally not had a kick in the ten games or so played against Chelsea, nor got close enough to make a tackle. Agree with his impact against lesser teams, can be minimal. Good squad player, much improved next to Benta second half of season but limited skillset

Last edited:
Agree sir and the five subs change still means plenty of appearances…. The game ‘closers’ could be as important as the starters, for that reason i would love to sign Bale as a strategic sub
Imagine playing 60mins against Bisssouma and Skipp and then you have to face 30 against Bentancur & PEH

He started both wins against City and both draws against Liverpool, he coped just fine. We now have four midfielders who can be relied on to make us solid and strong and it will be a good battle between them.

Bissouma will have to play very well to take Hojbjerg’s place, I think he will find it easier to displace Bentancur who can still be a bit flaky.

He started both wins against City and both draws against Liverpool, he coped just fine. We now have four midfielders who can be relied on to make us solid and strong and it will be a good battle between them.

Bissouma will have to play very well to take Hojbjerg’s place, I think he will find it easier to displace Bentancur who can still be a bit flaky.
Bissouma is a guaranteed starter, whether it's PEH or Bentancur that makes way. No doubt about that.

PEH is great against City and Liverpool because we sit deep, and counter quickly. The fact that he coughs up the ball a lot is not a big deal cos we're defensively set anyway. It's against the likes of Southampton, Brighton, Brentford where he has the most problems.

No way we sell him. PEH is a consistent, reliable and always healthy. Skipp is a question mark coming back from injury, Bentancur, PEH and Bissouma will all get plenty of time.

Bissouma - PEH
Eriksen

Would be a very solid midfield 3 if we played like Conte did at Inter in a 3412. Bring in Skipp and Bentancur late in the game with fresh legs and hardly any drop off.

Very underrated player IMO. Goes about his business very neatly, very rarely loses the ball (have a lot of confidence in him not giving the ball away cheaply), appears to be a real leader, very good passer and on occasion does come up with cut through ball that leads to a goal. Lacks a little speed and creativity but that’s not what Conte is looking for in him. He’s a workhorse, rarely gets injured and there’ll be a lot of competition in that midfield two. I see him getting a lot of minutes this coming season.

Great value signing overall!

I thought Hojberg played really well last season, scored a few goals, is a committed player and definitely deserves a crack at it this season. He also proved a lot of doubters wrong, I think it was against Southampton that he got took off after not a great performance, then didn't play in the game against Wolves and we lost. He come back into the side and was easily one of our more consistent performers. When there's a bad tackle, moment of aggression on one of our players he's always the first in there having a word with the opposition player or ref. Could do far worse.

£15 mill for PEH.
Dread to think what would have happened if we hadn't signed him.
A lot, lot more
200.gif

Back
Top Bottom