PL: Aston Villa (H), Sun 3rd October 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know this thread is a bit premature as we've got the ECL match coming up first on Thursday but this has become such a critical match that I feel it's worth talking about now.

This won't be an easy game. Villa have been playing some great football of late and are coming to us fresh from a win at Old Trafford. They'll fancy this one.

Nuno has to win this if we're to have any confidence in him. There are certain crunch matches where a manager has to make a statement to say "Yes, you can count on me" and this is what this match has become for Nuno.

COYS

Villa won here in the second game of last season, a game which if we’d won would have seen us finish ahead of the Spammers in 6th and in the UEFA Cup. Villa had nothing to okay for that night but our gutless lot roles over and didn’t want to know about it. I expect a similar outcome next Sunday.

R7IKDom.jpg

Gollini, Davies, Sanchez, Dier, Skipp, Ndombele, Sessegnon, Gil, Kane

I'm struggling to understand why Romero isn't starting in the league. Like did Nuno not even pay attention to the problems Jose had with this centre back pairing. Rodon at left cb partnering with Romero is how i'd go. Skipp and Hojbjerg sitting behind Tanguy as well. We know Tanguy isn't great defensively so compensation for that is needed.

Well, we seem to concede 3 per game these days, so I’ll start with that…
Then we seem to also max out at scoring 1 per game, so without a shadow of a doubt it’s got 0-0 written all over it…

Lloris
Royal Tanganga Romero Reguilon
Skipp Hojbjerg
Lucas Gil Bergwijn
Son

Back to a 4231, Son leading the line, drop Kane.

Lloris
Royal Tanganga Romero Reguilon
Skipp Hojbjerg
Lucas Gil Bergwijn
Son

Back to a 4231, Son leading the line, drop Kane.

Agreed with that. We need to completely change things and be ruthless with players who are not doing their jobs. Kane is not Mr Tottenham anymore, just drop him at this point. Nobody is bigger than the club.

Being demoted to the bench might actually wake him up.

I'm struggling to understand why Romero isn't starting in the league. Like did Nuno not even pay attention to the problems Jose had with this centre back pairing. Rodon at left cb partnering with Romero is how i'd go. Skipp and Hojbjerg sitting behind Tanguy as well. We know Tanguy isn't great defensively so compensation for that is needed.
I think he has a minor injury

Virtually every season at emirates we make Woolwich look like worldbeaters. Theyre shit. We dont have bottle. Mentally weak. Totally unprofessional. Im still convinced we have a talented team but just weak and lack desire.

Back
Top Bottom