PL: Aston Villa (H), Sun 3rd October 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are not regular fans. Our capacity at WHL was 36k. We used to get 20-25k there for some Europa games. They are a 'new generation' of fans that only want to watch us if they think there is a high probability that we are going to win.

I don't call people fans if they throw in the towel because we have lost 3 games in a row.

A couple next to me yesterday, newbies - not seen them on those seats before, didnt utter a word or flinch when we scored. Not sure what they brought to the party yesterday apart from the 2 bottles of pepsi max that they sneaked in.

Next home game is against Manure, so will be interesting to see if we fill the seats back up then.

A couple next to me yesterday, newbies - not seen them on those seats before, didnt utter a word or flinch when we scored. Not sure what they brought to the party yesterday apart from the 2 bottles of pepsi max that they sneaked in.

Next home game is against Manure, so will be interesting to see if we fill the seats back up then.

I'm sure their fans will somehow find tickets among the spurs fans. Always do.
I had to sit next to 2 Chelsea fans at Wembley in the FAC Semi (4-2) who were trying hard to hide it, but not hard enough.

Clearly you've posted about a different game ....

We 'edged' a game with 56% possesion - 8 shots on target versus 3 - 17 attempts on goal .... so absolutely nothing like any of our previous EPL games, even the three we won, where we've been the worst in the league for attempts on goal ...

As I said you've clearly posted your Woolwich match comments in a Spurs revue... woops, it seems like the 'incoherent shite' is all coming from you.

My bad, I used the “watch the game” test as opposed to the post match teletext stat method like you.

Probably Villa fans

As far as TV goes, whenever we found our voice, we sounded great.

I can't sing as much as used to, for some reason getting old fucks your throat up but i give it my best.

I seem to be able to pick up on songs being started elsewhere (my long service to the cause I suppose) before others around me so when I hear one, I sing the first line as loud as I can and it generally gets other younger people around me going.

I can't sing as much as used to, for some reason getting old fucks your throat up but i give it my best.

I seem to be able to pick up on songs being started elsewhere (my long service to the cause I suppose) before others around me so when I hear one, I sing the first line as loud as I can and it generally gets other younger people around me going.

Ditto... Never been shy of starting a song.

They are not regular fans. Our capacity at WHL was 36k. We used to get 20-25k there for some Europa games. They are a 'new generation' of fans that only want to watch us if they think there is a high probability that we are going to win.

I don't call people fans if they throw in the towel because we have lost 3 games in a row.
I remember when we beat scum 5-1 in the Carling Cup, even though it was 4-1 with about 4 minutes left there was a few of us in the pub biting our nails, hands on head, daring not to look.

A small group of Spurs fans were lauding it all, and I just thought “you’re new aren’t you”

I'm amazed nobody has made more of the second goal we scored.

We've been crying out for stylish football and when we do score a goal passing it from back to front no one bat's an eyelid.

That second goal was a great goal. It shows that the players can do it if you can set them up into a proper system and also if you can motivate them.
Sorry I was too busy arguing how slow Kane was in the build up

I remember when we beat scum 5-1 in the Carling Cup, even though it was 4-1 with about 4 minutes left there was a few of us in the pub biting our nails, hands on head, daring not to look.

A small group of Spurs fans were lauding it all, and I just thought “you’re new aren’t you”
That was like me when we beat Chelsea in the 2nd leg semi final as well in 2002.
We were 6-3 on aggregate ahead, but i was still panicking

I can remember being similar in games where we're crushing Thursday night farmers........

6 goal margin at the 89th minute and I'm good. Otherwise.........

My bad, I used the “watch the game” test as opposed to the post match teletext stat method like you.
Trouble is you watched the wrong game ... either that or you had the teams mixed up ... Spurs were by far the better side and created more chances than in any previous league game this season ... if you're going to watch the game at least open your eyes.

I don't lead the singing, but as soon as I hear the South stand start up, I'm probably the first in my area to sing. The people nearby sometimes join in, sometimes they don't. I don't care one way or the other if they do or don't, it doesn't stop me :)

You two (scott and John) are either thicker than 2 short planks, or in this for a massive wind up.
Including me I have now seen about 3 or 4 other posters trying to explain things to you.
You are either dumb as fuck, can't understand plain English or are trying to wind people up.
I think I know what it is, and the good news is I don't think you can get binned for it, which you can for being a WUM

Jesus, another reply to 1 of my posts from mick. Notice how I don’t reply to one of your posts not aimed at me. Always you to me isn’t it. I am happy never to converse with you again, it’s you who always talks to me. I explained clearly about new owners I want, it’s you lot not getting it.
You clearly pick & choose what points & who you want to speak up about. You refused to answer my points about other posters so until you do I ain’t going any further with this with you. Poor old mick scared to criticise a stranger like airfixxx online. Getting soft in your old age. Hopefully this time you can resist talking about me or to me.

I knew you’d be on board with the ‘I don’t want you to talk about something, so I’ll ask you to talk about it over & over again’ type of thinking. You fit right in with those conflicted odd balls.
Not surprised you try & engage with me & get me talking to you despite hating my posts. Find a better hobby mick.
[/QUOTE]

Why are you calling yourself thick???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom