PL: Aston Villa (H), Sun 3rd October 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should have squeezed in a music festival. More £££££.

Newcastle
Vitesse
West Ham
Burnley

Should win all of them except the West Ham game which will be tough as it seems to be their cup final unfortunately for all involved. The 2 cup games just depends on how serious we take it & what sort of team we put out. Who knows.
Got to shut down St. Maximin. He's playing really well ATM.

Last edited:
Overall thoughts on the game yesterday was that we did pretty well. Was a much better performance than recent weeks and the formation suited with the players. 4-2-3-1 was so more balanced. Skipp and Hojberg had solid games as did Romero who looks like he's improving each game. Son was class and Kane looked better too.

Main thing though was getting the win which we did. Villa aren't a bad side so 3 points is good going.

Jesus, another reply to 1 of my posts from mick. Notice how I don’t reply to one of your posts not aimed at me. Always you to me isn’t it. I am happy never to converse with you again, it’s you who always talks to me. I explained clearly about new owners I want, it’s you lot not getting it.
You clearly pick & choose what points & who you want to speak up about. You refused to answer my points about other posters so until you do I ain’t going any further with this with you. Poor old mick scared to criticise a stranger like airfixxx online. Getting soft in your old age. Hopefully this time you can resist talking about me or to me.

I knew you’d be on board with the ‘I don’t want you to talk about something, so I’ll ask you to talk about it over & over again’ type of thinking. You fit right in with those conflicted odd balls.
Not surprised you try & engage with me & get me talking to you despite hating my posts. Find a better hobby mick.
Why are you calling yourself thick???
[/QUOTE]
He didn’t quote me right , so me quoting his flawed quote came out like that. & I’ll admit,I couldn’t be arsed to rectify it! I am already bored of talking to them now so going to leave it there & avoid more arguing with them. & leave them to follow me around desperate for my attention. But I’d hope they have better things to do.

Got to shut down St. Maximin. He's playing really well ATM.
Yeah he would be an interesting type signing for us. Don’t want to get the Geordie crowd up either. So I don’t enjoy our Newcastle visits. I think Boxing Day many years ago we lost 7-1 or something. Well I hoped we scored one.

I don't lead the singing, but as soon as I hear the South stand start up, I'm probably the first in my area to sing. The people nearby sometimes join in, sometimes they don't. I don't care one way or the other if they do or don't, it doesn't stop me :)
When I used to go I’d join in and took great umbrage if others around me didn’t!

Sing up you miserable fuckers!!
It’s part of the game ffs

You two (scott and John) are either thicker than 2 short planks, or in this for a massive wind up.
Including me I have now seen about 3 or 4 other posters trying to explain things to you.
You are either dumb as fuck, can't understand plain English or are trying to wind people up.
I think I know what it is, and the good news is I don't think you can get binned for it, which you can for being a WUM
Jesus, another reply to 1 of my posts from mick. Notice how I don’t reply to one of your posts not aimed at me. Always you to me isn’t it. I am happy never to converse with you again, it’s you who always talks to me. I explained clearly about new owners I want, it’s you lot not getting it.
You clearly pick & choose what points & who you want to speak up about. You refused to answer my points about other posters so until you do I ain’t going any further with this with you. Poor old mick scared to criticise a stranger like airfixxx online. Getting soft in your old age. Hopefully this time you can resist talking about me or to me.

I knew you’d be on board with the ‘I don’t want you to talk about something, so I’ll ask you to talk about it over & over again’ type of thinking. You fit right in with those conflicted odd balls.
Not surprised you try & engage with me & get me talking to you despite hating my posts. Find a better hobby mick.
Blimey.... we all support the same team, right?

First half sounded very subdued tbh, maybe the mics were closer to the away section.
Bit anti-Irish if you ask me!!

Ditto... Never been shy of starting a song.
Me neither! I tried "you just wanna be Grealish" to their #3 with the long hair/wearing the Alice band (Matt Targett?) yesterday.... didn't catch on, but fuck it.

I got a few around me joining in with "Oh Gio" when he came on (to the tune of; Dexy's Midnight Runners "Oh, Geno") so that's a win right there!

Last edited:
Couldn’t watch it yesterday due to traveling so just finished watching it today.

I thought the performance as a vast improvement over the past few weeks.

Hope we stick to 4231 and that we can get that back 5 with Hojbjerg and Skipp in front of them a solid run of games together.

Couldn’t watch it yesterday due to traveling so just finished watching it today.

I thought the performance as a vast improvement over the past few weeks.

Hope we stick to 4231 and that we can get that back 5 with Hojbjerg and Skipp in front of them a solid run of games together.
Huh?

What's important is that we approached the game in a positive way

We were not pragmatic. We were positive and took the game to Villa.

If Nuno wants any support and goodwill he must approach every game like that. At this point its not only about results but performances and the performances are what fans are craving right now.

Let's say hypothetically we lost 1-0 but had idk 10 big chances and the other keeper had a worldie or we missed some good chances. No one blames Nuno because we played well and we're unlucky to lose. Trouble is with Nuno currently when we lose we are playing poorly - very poorly.

What's important is that we approached the game in a positive way

We were not pragmatic. We were positive and took the game to Villa.

If Nuno wants any support and goodwill he must approach every game like that. At this point its not only about results but performances and the performances are what fans are craving right now.

Let's say hypothetically we lost 1-0 but had idk 10 big chances and the other keeper had a worldie or we missed some good chances. No one blames Nuno because we played well and we're unlucky to lose. Trouble is with Nuno currently when we lose we are playing poorly - very poorly.
Match of the day twist it to make the winning side look worthy and the armchair spurs fans comment as if they saw it. That's the problem.

It’s a great feeling when you start a song which ends up either the whole end your in singing it.
I once started one just as we were coming out of the ground (I was East stand lower, just below and to the right of the Shelf).

I just screamed who let the Yids out and the whole road just took it up.

I think my chest swelled an extra 3 inches and I was strutting down the High Road like Vince McMahon!

Back
Top Bottom