PL: Aston Villa (H), Sun 3rd October 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are not regular fans. Our capacity at WHL was 36k. We used to get 20-25k there for some Europa games. They are a 'new generation' of fans that only want to watch us if they think there is a high probability that we are going to win.

I don't call people fans if they throw in the towel because we have lost 3 games in a row.

I agree in sentiment kinda but season ticket waiting list was in the tens of thousands at WHL - there was a lot of proper spurs fans who were waiting at the old stadium who can now attend regularly games at the new. The whole ‘real’ fan v. casual debate gets thrown out the door though when I hear ‘real’ fans baying for signings which are then bought by selling son merchandise at the kit shop....

I agree in sentiment kinda but season ticket waiting list was in the tens of thousands at WHL - there was a lot of proper spurs fans who were waiting at the old stadium who can now attend regularly games at the new. The whole ‘real’ fan v. casual debate gets thrown out the door though when I hear ‘real’ fans baying for signings which are then bought by selling son merchandise at the kit shop....

In years to come I wonder if we will see the Woolwich 0-3 as the day we bottomed out from the decline that started in the late Poch era.

I say that because we saw some huge positives against Villa, but particularly the performances of Emerson, Romero and Skipp. I think all 3 showed they can be mainstays of our team in the coming seasons.

Finally we have found some new players who look like they are at the required standard. Romero and Emerson are evidence that Paratici is performing in his role, and so it gives me confidence that he can continue to improve us.

Compare and contrast our woeful recruitment under Hitchen. Let's face it not a single one of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Reguilon (all 25mil+) have looked like top 4 material.

OK, it's early days, but we are seeing some shoots of recovery. We can all see where else we need to improve, but I think with Paratici and the new DoF structure we do have a much better chance, and the Villa performance was some of the first real evidence of that.

In years to come I wonder if we will see the Woolwich 0-3 as the day we bottomed out from the decline that started in the late Poch era.

I say that because we saw some huge positives against Villa, but particularly the performances of Emerson, Romero and Skipp. I think all 3 showed they can be mainstays of our team in the coming seasons.

Finally we have found some new players who look like they are at the required standard. Romero and Emerson are evidence that Paratici is performing in his role, and so it gives me confidence that he can continue to improve us.

Compare and contrast our woeful recruitment under Hitchen. Let's face it not a single one of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Reguilon (all 25mil+) have looked like top 4 material.

OK, it's early days, but we are seeing some shoots of recovery. We can all see where else we need to improve, but I think with Paratici and the new DoF structure we do have a much better chance, and the Villa performance was some of the first real evidence of that.
These Paratici Players have only played 1 game and you saying they perform to standard. What standard are you speaking about? Do you think they at Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City level yet? A bit early to declare them Heros.

These Paratici Players have only played 1 game and you saying they perform to standard. What standard are you speaking about? Do you think they at Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City level yet? A bit early to declare them Heros.
Time will tell, but I think all 3 will be first team regulars. Good enough not just to get in the team, but to stay there without us wanting upgrades. Unlike Reggie, Bergwijn, Gio, Ndombele, none of whom have cemented their places despite being here a long time now.

Its also too early to write them off like many seem to here after 2 or 3 games

Its also too early to write them off like many seem to here after 2 or 3 games
I wasn't writing them off. I was saying 1 or 2 good games against Villa and MURA isn't enough to start celebrations. They have potential. I like all 3 of them but they are projects and will take some time to adapt to the EPL.

I wasn't writing them off. I was saying 1 or 2 good games against Villa and MURA isn't enough to start celebrations. They have potential. I like all 3 of them but they are projects and will take some time to adapt to the EPL.

You're wrong if you think there's no expectation on Romero (eg) to hit the ground running... There'll be a certain grace period like all players deserve, but we're not blowing all that dosh on him for him to float around the B-team for a year or two.

EPL is a different beast. Very few players are Turn Key. Most of them are older with much more Experience.

Youth unfortunately comes with less experience. You can even see it in young EPL players. Take Dele. We've all seen he can be brilliant on his day. Unfortunately, in my opinion, he is trying so hard to brilliant that he is Les than average. He runs around so much, chases everything, with the result he achieves nothing.

Romano, Gil, and Emerson, I have no doubt they have potential. Unfortunately they are young. It will take time for them to find themselves. Great players like, De Bruine, Drogba, Trippier, van Beek, Stones, ....... The list is miles long.

The EPL is a killer. It's not that it is more intense but rather that it is "more continuously intense. It's not easy to just fit in.

Back
Top Bottom