Play Bale on the Left

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most of his goals have come from the right using an identical finish so that is a big reason to keep him on the right. As for me I'd play him central behind Kane, I'm surprised he hasn't been used there so he doesn't need to track back as often.

As for Dier in midfield, I believe he's better as a centreback (not that he's any good there either).

Funny thing is, Bale has actually contributed a fair bit this season. 11 goals in 16 starts is a pretty damn good return. Most of us probably expected about 15 goals at best, which he isn't too far from.

I'd like to see Bale start for spurs on the left.

I think him and Reguilon on the left would be a handful for most teams. They would provide great width for the team and would be hard to stop.

There have been instances this season where Bale has drifted to the left and has looked dangerous and either provided a good cross or dangerous pass.

I feel like him playing from the right is not working, it narrows the pitch, and him cutting in and trying to get a shot away is far too predictable. He only seems to be dangerous on counter attacks playing from the right.

My team/formation suggestion would be as follows:-

Lloris

Aurier Alderweireld Rodon Reguilon

Hojberg Dier

Moura Son Bale

Kane

On a side note I'd also put Dier back into defensive midfield with Hojberg.

What are peoples thoughts on the above?

Dave
Hello Dave

CalculatingLeftAracari-max-1mb.gif

I'm not expecting him to do too much defensive work i think having the 2 DMs will keep us solid

He does still have good passing range but don't think we see best of him from the right as he always ends up coming inside and playing a square ball

He hasnt really got a good partnership going with Aurier but I think he could with Reguilon

Doubt he will stay on past this season so probably wasting my breath. And he'd probably refuse to play on left anyway haha

I agree Bale is more of a goal threat from the right but I wonder if he would provide more assists from the left. I just think the team would have a better balance.

I'm not the biggest fan of Dier either but I like the idea of have 2 defensive midfielders in the team so the 4 in front and one full back are free to go and play.

Bale told Mourinho he wanted to play on the right, apparently that's his favourite positon.

As for the OPs team. Iceberg and Dier in midfield together.?? Jeebus Christ, no man, no no no NO NO!

Both him and Reguilon on the left kindof get in each others way.. Bale on the right works fine and most of his goals comes from the right. Bale's role in the team is to get goals and not sending a hundred crosses into the box
It would work well IMO. We have enough goals in our team with Kane and Son..... we need to create more chances and get some control in midfield

I'd like to see Bale start for spurs on the left.

I think him and Reguilon on the left would be a handful for most teams. They would provide great width for the team and would be hard to stop.

There have been instances this season where Bale has drifted to the left and has looked dangerous and either provided a good cross or dangerous pass.

I feel like him playing from the right is not working, it narrows the pitch, and him cutting in and trying to get a shot away is far too predictable. He only seems to be dangerous on counter attacks playing from the right.

My team/formation suggestion would be as follows:-

Lloris

Aurier Alderweireld Rodon Reguilon

Hojberg Dier

Moura Son Bale

Kane

On a side note I'd also put Dier back into defensive midfield with Hojberg.

What are peoples thoughts on the above?

Dave

[FORMATION=343,Lloris,Rodon,Toby,Dier,Aurier,Hojberg,Ndombele,Reguilon,Bale,Kane,Son][/FORMATION]

Just for sh!ts and giggles

Last edited:
Just play him from the start . Why the hell he didn’t start against Man City god only knows . And alli should have started as well, if you get to a final surely you play your strongest team .

Undertandably, the OP wants to see a world class player on the left who can run past anyone, deliver sublime crosses into the box, or score, just like Bale used to do 8 years ago. Sadly, that is not today's Bale.

He's better off hanging around out there on the right wing.

Didn't Jose literally just try this formation against Everton the other day? Lol

It's trash. Literally Mourinho in his dreams right there. Get overrun and hope for a jammy counter attacking goal against the run of play.

He had a 3-4-1-2 with Sissoko and Hoijberg in the middle, Ndombele at the CAM and Kane alongside Son. No Bale. And Rodon in the middle instead of Toby.

I'm half kidding with that formation, but I would set it up more like a 3-4-3 and press instead of sitting back. Bale instead of Sissoko is a pretty big difference. I also don't think Kane and Son should be playing alongside each other.

But i've never coached at a high level, and i'm not going to pretend like it would work. Of course it depends on the opposition, their quality, and their formation.

Does FIFA translate to real life? If so, I play on Legendary. So i've got that going for me. Which is nice.

Back
Top Bottom