Player Assessment Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

- GK
Lloris: 8
Vorm: 5

- CB
Chiriches: 4
Dier: 5
Fazio: 6
Kaboul: 4
Vertonghen: 6

- FB
Davies: 4
Rose: 7
Walker: 6

- DM
Bentaleb: 6
Capoue: 4
Dembélé: 5
Lennon: 4
Mason: 6
Stambouli: 4

- AM
Chadli: 6
Eriksen: 7
Lamela: 4
Paulinho: 4
Townsend: 4

- ST
Adebayor: 3
Kane: 9
Soldado: 2

Keep the > 4, plus Davies (young) and Paulinho (slightly better than the other 4s) and you would get exactly the players I wanted (and still want) to keep for the next season from my 'squad for next season' post one month ago.
The only change of heart I'm having now is Lamela, who's had a couple of half decent games lately. I don't know about him.
Cash in on the rest and bring in some quality FFS!

Once again a score of 5/10 is average .

Poch 6/10
With his hands tied by the boards reluctance to provide the players he wants ,
But being fair he is not stupid and must have realised this was always going to
be the case he has done OK . The football has been occasionally uplifting but
mostly mediocre and sometimes dire . Possession with little impact , sort of
AVB Ish . The introduction of academy players has been his shining light .
His weakness has been not to substantially improve the money flops .
Realistically top 4 is out of reach without proper investment .
So we live in hope again but at least there is some form of stability.
Thank god for Harry .

Thought it would be interesting to look at our current squad in terms of their performances this season, there suitability to Poch's system and style and as to whether they have a future with us and what future that will be.

Fazio

Performance: 7/10. Mixed.
Suitability: Not sure -Strong and experienced but gets caught on his toes and not the quickest.
Future: Good back up defender, needs to better mark the big players going forward.

7/10?
This pretty much sums up his deficiencies for me
pellegoal2_3280831b.jpg

GK: Lloris, Vorm
LB: Rose, Davies
CB: Vertonghen, Fazio, Dier, Howedes
RB: Yedlin, Walker (Unless he massively improves, he should be nowhere near the first team)
DM: Bentaleb, New DM
CM: Mason, New CM to replace Mason (Dream would be Schneiderlin/Moutinho kind of player)
AM: Eriksen, Pritchard
LW: Chadli, New winger to replace Chadli in the first team
RW: Townsend, New first team winger
ST: Kane, Lacazette, Youngster from the academy

Sell : Kaboul, Chiriches, Dembele (not worth keeping as a squad player), Stambouli (clearly not in Poch's plans), Capoue, Paulinho, Lamela, Lennon, Soldado, Ade.

Buy : Starting 11 CM (Think this is the most important signing), Starting 11 LW and RW (Need clear improvements on the wing), Starting 11 CD and striker to compete with Kane.

Lot of changes, but we need to do this so that atleast in a year's time we no longer can be in a transition year and have a proper squad that has played with each other for at least a year.

Howdes
Schneiderlin / Moutinho type player
new DM
New 1st team LW
new 1st team RW
Lacazette

Way too much money there. It just won't happen unfortunately.

Howdes
Schneiderlin / Moutinho type player
new DM
New 1st team LW
new 1st team RW
Lacazette

Way too much money there. It just won't happen unfortunately.
Lacazette would be a great signing, though with Kane, I wonder if we should focus on 'lesser' strikers that can compete and cover him. Not a big fan of him but Ings will save us some cash and is young and hungry to succeed.

Can't see Howedes leaving Schalke for us personally, though would be a great addition.
I think we only need one winger - I'd like to see Lamela, Chadli, Townsend, Pritchard + new next season, given the number of games we'll play. Some of them can play centrally so not bothered having 5.

Swap Lennon for McCarthy? :adegrin:

Back
Top Bottom