Player of the year

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen's my vote, with Ade runner-up.

Lloris to be honoured with a Purple Heart medal, for the battering to his morale from the ever-changing parade of clowns in front of him.

Interested to know how anyone can pick a player other than Eriksen. He has been the only player to consistently keep a cool head and continue to provide attacking impetus after how many occasions we've gone down this season. He has been the one to drag us back and continue providing us with unfounded ho-

Oh. I see. You're right, fuck 'im.

Walker for me. Think he's matured massively this season and other than Lloris seems to be the only one who's racked up enough pitch time to really deserve it. I'm tempted to go Paulinho though for that first half performance against Stoke that made me believe he was Pele until Charlie Fucking Adam killed him for the rest of the season when he realised he could miss his biggest chance at starting in a world cup for his home country, that tackle changed our season dramatically.

Interested to know how anyone can pick a player other than Eriksen. He has been the only player to consistently keep a cool head and continue to provide attacking impetus after how many occasions we've gone down this season. He has been the one to drag us back and continue providing us with unfounded ho-

Oh. I see. You're right, fuck 'im.
Because the season is 38 games, europa league fa cup and carling cup. He's not been as great as you make out all season, plus, he's shocking defensively and was at fault for the first two goals against west brom. Not to mention many others before.

Tallos Tallos you've clicked disagree but you have like +130 something rep, if you wanna step to the big leagues son, and I'm calling you out. And if you come back at me, we'll have a fucking right sort-out in here. All right? And you can pair up if you like, and you can fucking pick someone else to help you, and you can bring your fucking dinner. 'Cos by the time I've finished with you, you'll fucking need it.

Because the season is 38 games, europa league fa cup and carling cup. He's not been as great as you make out all season, plus, he's shocking defensively and was at fault for the first two goals against west brom. Not to mention many others before.

I'll certainly give you a lack defensively, absolutely agreed. In fact, that's a big component as to why I think people saying he should be our LW solution going forward and that we should ignore the position for the sake of focusing on the back line is completely absurd. He's crap at tracking back, and he's too good offensively. He has a few other weaknesses such as aggression and tenacity, but those come with how remarkably calm his head has been for his age in this season of chaos.

All that having been said, he really has been the only one to keep his head and keep playing. His unusually isolated calmness has almost been a foundation for us admist so much uncertainty on and off the pitch this year. Yes, in the future I'd like to see him develop some more aggression and some more fast-twitch white muscle fibers to increase his pace and speed of touch. I'd also like to see him take one less touch in and around the immediate proximity of the box. But other than that, he has been sublime for us this season. So I ask you, who pray tell in the squad has been better? And who are you comparing him to to be negatively inclined toward him?

I'll certainly give you a lack defensively, absolutely agreed. In fact, that's a big component as to why I think people saying he should be our LW solution going forward and that we should ignore the position for the sake of focusing on the back line is completely absurd. He's crap at tracking back, and he's too good offensively. He has a few other weaknesses such as aggression and tenacity, but those come with how remarkably calm his head has been for his age in this season of chaos.

All that having been said, he really has been the only one to keep his head and keep playing. His unusually isolated calmness has almost been a foundation for us admist so much uncertainty on and off the pitch this year. Yes, in the future I'd like to see him develop some more aggression and some more fast-twitch white muscle fibers to increase his pace and speed of touch. I'd also like to see him take one less touch in and around the immediate proximity of the box. But other than that, he has been sublime for us this season. So I ask you, who pray tell in the squad has been better? And who are you comparing him to to be negatively inclined toward him?
Im not necessarily disagreeing with you, but i don't think its as easy a choice as you're making out. There isn't a stand out choice, but its between Walker Lloris Adebayor and Eriksen. Personally for me, id go with Lloris, or at least i would have a couple of weeks ago. Its easy to champion Eriksen now because he has been fantastic the last couple of weeks.

Im not necessarily disagreeing with you, but i don't think its as easy a choice as you're making out. There isn't a stand out choice, but its between Walker Lloris Adebayor and Eriksen. Personally for me, id go with Lloris, or at least i would have a couple of weeks ago. Its easy to champion Eriksen now because he has been fantastic the last couple of weeks.

Sound logic for the rest and I don't blame you for assuming I feel that way about Eriksen as of late, but if you were around here in August you may remember seeing me orgasming all over the board once we had received word of interest and especially once Ajax' president said the deal was close. So if anything, your argument should be original bias rather than "en vogue favoritism."

But your point is fair in the context of other players, I thought you were saying he hadn't been a solid contributor this season. I was all like

:capouestare:

Sound logic for the rest and I don't blame you for assuming I feel that way about Eriksen as of late, but if you were around here in August you may remember seeing me orgasming all over the board once we had received word of interest and especially once Ajax' president said the deal was close. So if anything, your argument should be original bias rather than "en vogue favoritism."

But your point is fair in the context of other players, I thought you were saying he hadn't been a solid contributor this season. I was all like

:capouestare:

I think its safe to say, no one would feel aggrieved were Eriksen to win, similarly an argument could be made for a few others.

christ, this is all a bit gentlemanly isn't it...
Is this the bit where i call you a cunt now or what?

I think its safe to say, no one would feel aggrieved were Eriksen to win, similarly an argument could be made for a few others.

christ, this is all a bit gentlemanly isn't it...
Is this the bit where i call you a cunt now or what?

79a.gif

that's your blood in my goblet ya queef

1987 - Gary Mabbutt
1988 - Chris Waddle
1989 - Erik Thorstvedt (gk)
1990 - Paul Gascoigne
1991 - Paul Allen
1992 - Gary Lineker
1993 - Darren Anderton
1994 - Jurgen Klinsmann
1995 - Teddy Sheringham
1996 - Sol Campbell
1997 - Sol Campbell
1998 - David Ginola
1999 - Stephen Carr
2000 - Stephen Carr
2001 - Neil Sullivan (gk)
2002 - Simon Davies
2003 - Robbie Keane
2004 - Jermain Defoe
2005/06 - Robbie Keane
2006/07 - Dimitar Berbatov
2007/08 - Robbie Keane
2008/09 - Aaron Lennon
2009/10 - Michael Dawson
2010/11 - Luka Modric
2011/12 - Scott Parker
2012/13 - Gareth Bale
2013/14 - ??

Only one I've ever disagreed with was Simon Davies back in 2002. Despite him being my favourite Spur at the time, he clearly wasn't our best player. That was Gustavo Poyet, still had one great season in him and scored 14 goals from midfield.
People are often blended by the promise of youth, and Davies was exciting at the time in a rather dull Spurs side.

Adebayor if he win will be our first african and non-european to do so,
Lloris would be one of few goal keepers.
It's such a shame that Ledley never won player of the season.

Lloris, keepers due to win again and he has had a fine season. Without him we would have a few more 3-4 goals against us matches.

Tallos Tallos you've clicked disagree but you have like +130 something rep, if you wanna step to the big leagues son, and I'm calling you out. And if you come back at me, we'll have a fucking right sort-out in here. All right? And you can pair up if you like, and you can fucking pick someone else to help you, and you can bring your fucking dinner. 'Cos by the time I've finished with you, you'll fucking need it.
Yeah sorry I cba to discuss with that attitude.
I disagree with what you were saying about Eriksen being at fault for the first two goals. If you wanna expand on why you think he is, be my guest. If you sound slightly reasonable, and not completely offensive, I'll bite.

Eriksen was not bought to track back and defend. there's about 4 or 5 other players who play that position already in our squad! hes a pure number 10 and the team should be built around him. in his first season he has scored and assisted way more than modric ever did in his whole time at spurs. He will just get better and better. absolute bargain too.

Back
Top Bottom