Players talk such sh!t

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An immutable fact and a weakness of vocabulary maybe but footballers are so full of hyperbole.

I read that Gareth Bale is now happy, whatever that means.

And that he and Wales are targetting a shock win against Croatia. Fair enough but then he talks of Wales "Great players". Do me a fcuking favour.

He may rightfully be classified as a Wales Great, but that is against the context of Welsh players. He certainly is not a Great in the widest terms and none of his Welsh compatriots are neither.

Maybe all that money has clouded the bloke's brain or maybe that's just the majority of footballers full stop.

Last edited:
On the whole, I agree, Footballers chat shit. On this occasion I think Bale is right to say what he has said.
He’s not going to come out and say, our players are shit and we have no chance of beating Croatia.

If their best player is negative it would impact on everyone.

On the whole, I agree, Footballers chat shit. On this occasion I think Bale is right to say what he has said.
He’s not going to come out and say, our players are shit and we have no chance of beating Croatia.

Okay, I am not sayjng be negative though am I?

It's just the whole nonsense that players and pundits spout, including obviously Spurs players which can be such tripe which I find sickening.

There are possibly 2 Great players in world football today, with my view being their greatness would stand any test of that word throughout the annuls of football history.

So I just disagree and it's the lack of using words that aptly describe talent which really irritates me.

Managers, players, chairman they’re all at it! they tell you(supporters, media, ) what they think you want to here. Classics
“Anything can happen in football” of course it can if you want it too and the price is right!
“I’m happy here, my future is here” within a fortnight he signs for somebody else cos he wants too and the price is right! Just be fucking honest.

I think you outed yourself 100% by starting this thread and by that reply but just for fun name 3 Spurs related things that have given you pleasure.

Hoddle, Bale and Gascoigne to name 3.

Add players who I disliked such as the utterly mercurial Berbatov.

Up to the last 12 months, players like Alli an Eriksen.

Defenders-wise Ledley King and Vertonghen.

I will stop there I think but none were Great.

Neither are Great that is for sure, with the emphasis on the word being broad and against the very best.

Not a chance.

it’s highly likely that Kane will surpass Greaves’s spurs record (if he stays long enough), Rooney’s England record as well as Shearers league record.
Were they all “not great” either?

Back
Top Bottom