Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watching the U20 world cup you don't have to be a football expert to see that this lad is going to be a bit special.

485305.jpg

18 years old and available now for less than £1 million according to transfermarkt.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/franco-gonzalez/profil/spieler/928621
We’re you watching the over 40 World Cup by mistake?

Rumour is West Ham are bringing through an exciting young attacking midfielder. Goes by the nameof Wilshire. Answer to England's creativity issues, I'm told.

Wasn't sure where to put this but it's a good story. He signed up for Stockport County who are back in league football and isn't taking a cent in wages. Instead it all goes to the community trust.

It's refreshing to see this sort of thing.

Joao Mendes, Ronaldinho's kid just signed on as an apprentice for Cruzeiro in the Brazillian league. Described as a striker or secondary striker with a good shot. This will be an interesting kid to keep an eye on. Apparently when he did his try out he refused to say who his dad was until after he had passed and signed a deal with them. Saying that he wanted to get a contract on own merit rather than his dad's name. Fair.
surely they just looked at his teeth and thought he's either Ronaldihno, Ronaldo or Esther Rantzens kid

The text translates into something like this

On his 15th birthday Swedish wonderkid Roony Bardghij signed a contract with FCK Talent. Last weekend he scored 4 (!) goals against FCM in the U17-Liga. One crazier than the other. Watch his Messi-goal and the 3 others here

Not a player, but a coach. I say this with plenty of bias as an Australian but Ange Postecoglou would be an unbelievable Spurs manager whenever Conte leaves (obviously hope this isn’t for a while). He’ll definitely be in the Prem before that happens though, done an unbelievable job at Celtic this year. Won a J-League title and revolutionised Yokohama, won Australia our first ever Asian Cup and made Brisbane Roar (who are a bit of a minnow) the best team in A-League history for a couple of seasons. Plays attacking football and good at promoting youth, would be an ideal ‘project’ manager presuming that’s what we’re after when Conte’s time comes.

Anyone watch the Celtic vs Shaktar game tonight?

Guy playing in a forward left side of MF position, Mykhallo Mudryk, scored an absolute cracker of a goal. He is probably the fastest player I have ever seen with a ball at his feet.Gooners were said to be interested in the summer but apparently wouldn't fork out any more than £30m.
IMO we should be offering almost double that, the guy is a fabulous player, 21 years old going to be an absolute superstar.
Give me a PM mate, got some ebay items I'd like you to bid on...

Hey everyone ! First and foremost I just wanted to introduce myself as I am a new member to the forum. I began following the forum after Sporting and Tottenham were placed in the same group and I have enjoyed keeping up with the forum. I am a big Sporting fan and I extensively follow the Portuguese league but I enjoy football from all over the world. This is my first post so bare with me.

So since Tottenham are in the start of a new era after the departure of Harry Kane I feel as though there are a number of players that the Spurs could target that would massively improve the squad. Some for relatively decent prices in todays market but others that would need some investment. Here are a few players I feel Tottenham should target.

Matheus Nunes- Wolves are in a dire financial state at the moment and I feel this is something Tottenham could use to their advantage. Nunes was brilliant for Sporting and despite not being as consistant last season he still showed many instances of quality. He was brilliant in last nights game vs United and is a great piece to elevate Spurs' midfield.` Technically brilliant with he ball, Nunes is also an excellent runner and has fantastic passing range. He is an engine in the midfield and can adequately perform on both sides of the pitch.

Joao Felix- Alright so I know this one might create some doubt but hear me out. Despite not having a particular excellent loan spell, Joao Felix showed excellent glimpses of quality in the premier league. He is brilliant with the ball in his feet and has world class technical ability. He is the type of player who can play in the pocket and create scoring opportunities for himself and his teammates. Felix has consistently made the wrong career move by going to clubs that either A. don't fit his style of play/play him out of position (Atletico) or B. an absolute dumpster fire of a club with no clear direction (Chelsea last season). When you watch Felix you can tell the quality is there and at Tottenham he would be able to express his ability in a club with less pressure and under a attacking minded coach who is beginning a new era at the club. Additionally Felix stock Is very low right now and he can be purchased for a fee that is possibly less then he's worth if he can figure it all out. He is ONLY 24 years old.

Santiago Gimenez - Gimenez had a brilliant season in 22/23 scoring 23 goals and helping Feyenoord lift the title. Tall striker with good solid holdup play and decent pace for a big man, Gimenez seems to be a clinical striker who has the perfect build to succeed in England. At only 22 he would be a great addition for a team like Spurs who desperately need a striker and are working to rebuild their team. Gimenez looks to be attainable for around 40M. It is a no brainer.

Gift Orban- A player who is not on the radar for many clubs yet Gift Orban is in my opinion one of the hottest prospects in the striker position in Europe. Fast player who is absolutely clinical and he has the numbers to back it up as well. 19 goals in 24 games for Stabaek in Norway before joining Gent in Belgium and scoring 20 goals in 22 games. This season he already has 5 goals in 3 games. I believe Orban would be available for around 30M which in my view is an incredible steal for what this kids talent shows. Keep in mind he is only 21! **Just saw Tottenham actually are interest in him as well so that is good to see**

Joao Palhinha - Palhinha was arguably the best CDM in England last season and he led the league in tackles made and interceptions. Brilliant old fashioned defensive mid Palhinha protects the backline efficiently and is an octopus in midfield. Palhinha is a player who would be an automatic starter at Tottenham and is already experienced in the premier league where he was voted Fulham player of the season. Palhinha reads the game brilliantly and with his height and frame he makes his presence known int he midfield instantly. His passing is efficient as is his defensive workmate.

I have some Portuguese league stars and talents to talk about as well but I will leave that for a seperate post if people are interested as this post is already getting lengthy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom