Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since we are not above looking to the Championship for players, Kemar Roofe at Leeds? Plays both as a striker and on the wings and is probably due a crack at the Premier League after doing well in the Championship for a few years now. 6 goals so far this season, 14 in all comps last year.

Would be a homegrown alternative in attack

The Portuguese international?

He's a winger. Talented too. We were linked when he was at Galatasaray but he chose Leipzig over us.

Ahh...that's who he is....like I said, Literally just caught tail end of the re-run and it definitely looked like he was playing in CM toward the end of that game, checked on who scored and he was playing as an ACM, but the part of the game I saw he was dropping in, almost deeper than the CM's at times, so confused me.

Last edited:
I wonder who's going to take a gamble on Everton Soares over at Gremio.

I don't really know much about him but something popped up on my Twitter timeline about how he completes 3.4 dribbles per game. He looks to be a winger/forward with rapid pace, good close control and ability to score. Here's a comparison with how does with the top 7 dribblers in Europe.

Attacking players: Top dribblers in Europe:
Allan Saint-Maximin - 4.2
Neymar - 4
Hatem Ben Arfa - 3.7
Lionel Messi - 3.6
Marcus Thuram - 3.4
Sofiane Boufal - 3.1
Marcus Edwards - 2.9

Not surprised to see some of those names in there (Neymar, Messi, Ben Arfa). Also not surprised to see that the top 3 are from Ligue 1. I didn't even know Thuram had a son but impressive numbers. Know all about Boufal and his attitude. Big up Marcus Edwards for completing more dribbles per game than anyone in the Dutch league too and making that list.

Saint-Maximin though? Jesus christ, that's impressive. Only 21 years old. Not really seen much of him, checking out some of his other stats and they don't seem too impressive. So maybe he's just a very good dribbler with very little output.

I'll definitely look to keep an eye out for him in future though. For example, Ousmane Dembele scored more goals in his one year in Ligue 1 (at the age of 19) than Saint-Maximin has scored in his whole career, though Dembele is a pretty special case and a unique talent.

Like the look of this guy though and statistically he looks to be improving year on year goal and assist wise. So will look out for how he does

Plea for Mönchengladbach. Scored a hat trick today and could have scored 2 more. Great first goal, very Kane like.

We were linked in the summer and it didn’t materialize

A lot of people who had never heard of him were moaning at the link because he was from the French League. Very very good player and was constantly improving year on year.

I found those links (along with Martial) promising because it was showing we were after someone who can play up top but can also play out-wide. Glad he's doing well because he was part of that very exciting Nice team under Favre.

Sangare, 20yo cm at Toulouse is having a decent season (or was before injury). Played a fair bit last year too. Still very raw, makes mistakes, but one of those hybrid 6/8 types we are seeing more and more of, athletic, rangy, can do a bit of everything, I'm not sure he'll be good enough for top drawer, but might be worth keeping an eye on.

Just seen Ryan Fraser got a goal and an assist tonight for Scotland.

What a season he's having. That's 5 goals and 7 assists in 15 games this season (For Bournemouth and Scotland). Which is pretty impressive.

Just seen Ryan Fraser got a goal and an assist tonight for Scotland.

What a season he's having. That's 5 goals and 7 assists in 15 games this season (For Bournemouth and Scotland). Which is pretty impressive.
A lot of players seem to flourish under Eddie Howe, could be one of the candidates if Poch leaves one day.

Lots of homegrown players out there, who Poch could reasonably get onto Harry Winks level:

White, Wolves
Roberts, Leeds
Brooks, Bournemouth

Tom Bayliss at Coventry is another one.

They seem to have been producing some decent players over the last few years with Calum Wilson and James Maddison coming from their academy also.

There's a kid at Toulouse called Ibrahim Sangare, played a few games last year and has started most games this year, until he got injured, one of those tall rangy but athletic units who can also play a bit, good technique, very raw and makes mistakes but is only 20. Ive seen a lot of the kid, I'm not sure he's got the game intelligence to ultimately be top drawer, but one worth keeping an eye on.

Last edited:
There's a kid at Toulouse called Ibrahim Sangare, played a few games last year and has started most games, until he got injured this year, one of those tall rangy but athletic units who can also play a bit, good technique, very raw and makes mistakes but is only 20. Ive seen a lot of the kid, I'm not sure he's got the game intelligence to ultimately be top drawer, but one worth keeping an eye on.

You mentioned him 8 posts up.

I'll keep an eye out for him.

Fuck, International week turns me stir crazy.

Saw a few YouTube clips. Looks really promising actually. I could see him making it a top club.

DsMoWRdXgAAkpGD.jpg

Surrounded by strong company in the U21 TOTS stats wise anyway. Though they also have Nelson in CM (When he's a forward/winger)

Back
Top Bottom