Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Add Jonjo Kenny (of Everton but on loan at Schalke to the list). He has really impressed with them so far and even won rookie of the month for August.

We need a RB and he is a homegrown English one. And Everton are almost in 200 mil of debt so they will need to sell in the near future.

Add Jonjo Kenny (of Everton but on loan at Schalke to the list). He has really impressed with them so far and even won rookie of the month for August.

We need a RB and he is a homegrown English one. And Everton are almost in 200 mil of debt so they will need to sell in the near future.
They have another one that looked like a great prospect out on loan at West Brom, Mason Holgate.

They have another one that looked like a great prospect out on loan at West Brom, Mason Holgate.
Alas the Coleman is too powerful to be disposed.

I remember Holgate looking decent that one year that Coleman was out with that horror injury. But once he returned Mason was sent off to loan hell.

Bit of an obvious one, Martin Odegaard, on loan at Real Sociedad from Real Madrid just now.
Moussa Dembele at Lyon also.

Bit of an obvious one, Martin Odegaard, on loan at Real Sociedad from Real Madrid just now.
Moussa Dembele at Lyon also.
Ödegaard is so fucking good. Sociedad have so many promising youngsters right now. Ödegaard, Isak, Oyarzabal, Januzaj etc.

Ödegaard is so fucking good. Sociedad have so many promising youngsters right now. Ödegaard, Isak, Oyarzabal, Januzaj etc.
Watched them a few times this season, playing some really good football.
I read somewhere that Real are looking at recalling Odegaard from his loan in January .

Thought I'd add this list of players whose contract expires either this summer coming or the one after as there are names we are aware of but a few of you might know a little more about them than I do. If you do please let us know your thoughts on them:

There's also a few that have a pretty high value that I'm unfamiliar with. Anyone know about the following players who might make it onto a big teams radar?

Joao Pedro - Fluminsese
Ezequiel Palacios - River Plate
Timothy Castagne - Atalanta
Federico Valverde -Real Madrid
Brais Mendes - Celta Vigo
Florian Neuhaus - Borussia M'gladbach

Last edited:
I said we should buy Odeggard and sell Eriksen last window, but apparently we don't have scouts or even a proper manager who can see real talent.

Man of the match v Celtic last season and the next big thing got lauded as having potential Scott Brown had other other ideas and as you say never been heard of since! But same old story Hearts had to invest and bought a lot of players and they have to play them roll back the mid eighties, nineties the exact same thing happened at rangers and Celtic and a whole generation on Scottish talent was lost to sub standard foreign imports.
worth snagging a few of those youngsters up on the relative cheap then and rehabbing them down in our youth system?
You all turned your nose up to McGinn for the last few years. Now recruiting little known Scots talent is a good idea.

Fofana at St Ettienne is we are looking for a new center back.

Kulusevski at Parma (on loan from Atalanta). 2 goals and joint most assists (5) in Serie A at 19.

I watched Toulouse v Lille Saturday, and whilst Lille were not great for 75 minutes and deservedly lost, it's worth keeping an eye on Lille's young (20yo) CM Boubakary Soumaré. Nothing spectacular from him, but was very strong and good technically for a 6 type.

We really need to send scouts to Anderlecht. The amount of talent breaking trough there is sickening... Verschaeren, Sambi Lokonga, Doku, Kana,...

Back
Top Bottom