Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tuttosport16.jpg

Winners from 2003 , newspaper Tuttosport

Questo l’albo d’oro completo del Golden Boy:

2003 Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax)
2004 Wayne Rooney (Everton/Manchester United)
2005 Lionel Messi (Barcellona)
2006 Cesc Fàbregas (Woolwich)
2007 Sergio Agüero (Atlético Madrid)
2008 Anderson (Manchester United)
2009 Alexandre Pato (Milan)
2010 Mario Balotelli (Inter/Manchester City)
2011 Mario Götze (Borussia Dortmund)
2012 Isco (Málaga)
2013 Paul Pogba (Juventus)
2014 Raheem Sterling (Liverpool)
2015 Anthony Martial (Monaco/Manchester United)
2016 Renato Sanches (Benfica/Bayern Monaco)
2017 Kylian Mbappé (Monaco/Paris Saint-Germain)
2018 Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax)
2019 João Félix (Benfica/Atlético Madrid)

abola24.jpg

Couple of Norwegians to take a look at:

Kristian Thorstvedt (son of Erik) at Viking FK in Norway. He's a tall, strong central midfielder who's good in possession and should score quite a few. He's a bit of a late bloomer (he'll be 21 in March), but he'd be worth a shot, imho. Even if we just loan him out over a couple of seasons and then sell him on, we should get a good return. He's worth about £1m, according to transfermarkt.

Kristoffer Ajer at Celtic. He's 6'6, but still quick. Can also play DM, but should turn out to be a world-class CB at some point. Only 21, and worth about £3m.

Couple of Norwegians to take a look at:

Kristian Thorstvedt (son of Erik) at Viking FK in Norway. He's a tall, strong central midfielder who's good in possession and should score quite a few. He's a bit of a late bloomer (he'll be 21 in March), but he'd be worth a shot, imho. Even if we just loan him out over a couple of seasons and then sell him on, we should get a good return. He's worth about £1m, according to transfermarkt.

Kristoffer Ajer at Celtic. He's 6'6, but still quick. Can also play DM, but should turn out to be a world-class CB at some point. Only 21, and worth about £3m.

Thanks for the update, but the newest information I can find at the moment says he's still in contract negotiations, and nothing has been finalized. We could probably assume the deal will be done, though.

I also looked up information on Ajer, and apparently, he's been a target for Leicester (in the £15-20m range) since November. Considering how good their scouting has been recently, he's likely all he's cracked up to be. I haven't seen him much with Celtic (I live in the U.S., so I don't have access to see their matches, although I did see two earlier in the season), but he was pretty impressive in the EURO Qualifiers.

Last edited:
I might have mentioned him before, but worth keeping an eye on Bafode Diakite, 19yo Toulouse CB. Seen him a few times, made his debut last year aged 17, not the tallest CB, but has other good qualities, good brain, quickish, technically sound, good jump on him.

Pretty wild that this guy has missed almost the entire season so far.

Even more wild that Marseille are enjoying their best season in years whilst their talisman is out.

Just watching the Atalanta-Valencia highlights, Josip Ilicic of Atalanta always impresses when I see him.
Bit like Thomas Muller, looks awkward and gangly, but a very good player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom