Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Willem Geubbels, 17 years of age and has a great stride on him. If we are looking at a new WF option he has all the raw talent to throw into the mix. Would qualify as HG as well if we got him in before August 16th (wishful thinking)

Signed for Monaco for £20m from Lyon in the summer and with them being in a relegation fight he could easily be ripe for pickings

Willem Geubbels, 17 years of age and has a great stride on him. If we are looking at a new WF option he has all the raw talent to throw into the mix. Would qualify as HG as well if we got him in before August 16th (wishful thinking)

Signed for Monaco for £20m from Lyon in the summer and with them being in a relegation fight he could easily be ripe for pickings

No way in hell, this one you can forget about. They'll never let him leave as he is considered to be the next big thing in France and they will not get relegated either.

as23.jpg

Loos like he may be on his way to Wolves.

What a statement that'd be from them considering who's after him.

I love the way people think we can pick up Piatek like we are getting something from Subway on the way home

Millions of pricks on this thread I haven’t heard of but with the goals he is tucking away, the big boys and money whores will be all over him

I love the way people think we can pick up Piatek like we are getting something from Subway on the way home

Millions of pricks on this thread I haven’t heard of but with the goals he is tucking away, the big boys and money whores will be all over him
I was commenting that he should have been on that breakthrough list

I've seen nothing of this kid, but it appears he's already on bigger radars, and then there's the City/Girona link too.

Do we have any Girona type agreements across Europe at all? We really should have as it really helps the issue English clubs face that teams like Barca B etc don't. Imagine how useful a Girona type partnership would be for not only the scouting departments but for prospects like Walker-Peters, Josh Onomah etc.

I know we've had some before in USA, Holland etc but it seems they've all died down.

Do we have any Girona type agreements across Europe at all? We really should have as it really helps the issue English clubs face that teams like Barca B etc don't. Imagine how useful a Girona type partnership would be for not only the scouting departments but for prospects like Walker-Peters, Josh Onomah etc.

I know we've had some before in USA, Holland etc but it seems they've all died down.

Yeah, I vaguely remember some dutch tie-up, but I think it faded. Ive been banging this drum for years, I think we desperately need this kind of relationship with a a club or two in Europe, where kids can get game time out of the spot light and in environments that are much more conducive to their development. I think it makes long term sense to financially incentivise a loan partner club, so there's something in it for them - ie we let them have the kids for free, pay for the upkeep etc. whilst they get game time and valuable development. France and Germany would be ideal, but Holland and Belgium too.

Swedish starlet Alexander Isak has earned his first senior call up to the national team for the euro qualifiers following a successful start to his loan spell at Willem II.

Isak has scored 5 goals in 5 games following his loan move to Holland from Dortmund.

Delighted for the boy. Only 19 years old and now a full international.

Yeah, I vaguely remember some dutch tie-up, but I think it faded. Ive been banging this drum for years, I think we desperately need this kind of relationship with a a club or two in Europe, where kids can get game time out of the spot light and in environments that are much more conducive to their development. I think it makes long term sense to financially incentivise a loan partner club, so there's something in it for them - ie we let them have the kids for free, pay for the upkeep etc. whilst they get game time and valuable development. France and Germany would be ideal, but Holland and Belgium too.

I hate this idea. Clubs should be independent. All loans should be abolished for the good of football.

I hate this idea. Clubs should be independent. All loans should be abolished for the good of football.

In principle that’s not a terrible notion, I’d also go further, stop any transfers or changes of manager during the season.

But as the system stands, we might as well use it, and it's much better for some of our kids development to go out and play proper football, than their development stagnating, and in many cases I think it's good for them to go abroad, where conditions (out of the UK media glare, progressive coaching, attitude to young players etc) can be far more conducive.

20th league goal this season for Bowen. Even if he wouldn't walk into our 11 he is in my opinion a player we should keep an eye on. Poch could probably take him up a few notches.

Back
Top Bottom