Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a player, but a coach. I say this with plenty of bias as an Australian but Ange Postecoglou would be an unbelievable Spurs manager whenever Conte leaves (obviously hope this isn’t for a while). He’ll definitely be in the Prem before that happens though, done an unbelievable job at Celtic this year. Won a J-League title and revolutionised Yokohama, won Australia our first ever Asian Cup and made Brisbane Roar (who are a bit of a minnow) the best team in A-League history for a couple of seasons. Plays attacking football and good at promoting youth, would be an ideal ‘project’ manager presuming that’s what we’re after when Conte’s time comes.
Clap Hoops GIF by Celtic Football Club

Last edited:
Not a player, but a coach. I say this with plenty of bias as an Australian but Ange Postecoglou would be an unbelievable Spurs manager whenever Conte leaves (obviously hope this isn’t for a while). He’ll definitely be in the Prem before that happens though, done an unbelievable job at Celtic this year. Won a J-League title and revolutionised Yokohama, won Australia our first ever Asian Cup and made Brisbane Roar (who are a bit of a minnow) the best team in A-League history for a couple of seasons. Plays attacking football and good at promoting youth, would be an ideal ‘project’ manager presuming that’s what we’re after when Conte’s time comes.
Patting myself on the back one more time

The thread says: "players worth keeping an eye on."
But since you apparently know exactly which player who will make it and who will not even at the age of 16-17, why don't you come up with your suggestions?
Even better, maybe you should apply to be a scout at Spurs with your in-depth knowledge :cool:
Don’t let them bother you, many of us appreciate the videos/suggestions, wherever the are found.

FWIW, he's played every minute across all competitions for Ajax this season, including their most recent Europa League loss against Brighton, where he had more touches (118) than any other player, had the 2nd most (successful & attempted) passes (84 of 92 = 91%), and was the highest-rated player for Ajax per FotMob.

jG6470Z.png

XCbcaCf.png

He's already there. 👍
Was wondering if Ajax might be a decent place to send Vuskovic in a year or so. Generally decent at developing young players and have a couple of Croatians at the club that could help him settle

Amazing really that West Ham for all their money chose to get washed up/ mercenary type players when they could have got players like Brooks, Maddison etc and try to and develop an actual team. I like the look of Brooks, very tidy and intelligent looking player
it doesnt surprise me. same reason they got Pellegrini. They have gotten themselves obsessed with "Big Names", and making statements, simply because, IMO, they got a big stadium.

they think have repeated this with their signings, and yet some make no sense. why drop 7 million on Fabianski. Its arguable they he isnt an improvement on Adrian (and is possibly not as good), and he's two years older. Its a signing for the sake of it, to make them feel and look (in the eyes of the press and some supporters) like players in the market

If they had gotten someone like Eddie Howe and given him free hand to develop a team I would be slightly nervy that they might actually get somewhere.

Most will know about him due to our links with him last summer but I expect Jadon Sancho to have a real breakout season for Dortmund. Took his first team opportunities really well last year and I think its the right league and right club for a flair player like him.

Most will know about him due to our links with him last summer but I expect Jadon Sancho to have a real breakout season for Dortmund. Took his first team opportunities really well last year and I think its the right league and right club for a flair player like him.

Hate being right

Jonathan David at Gent.

Belgian Spur Belgian Spur
Still very early days as he is very young and has only played 3-4 senior games but i've rarely seen a young player so calm in front of goal, he already has 6 goals in 180 mins or play give or take and he scores with both feet and has a very good feeling for headers and positioning. Now we need to see if he is just on a superb patch of form/luck or if he truly is the real deal

We have another player, Chakvetadze that only turns 19 in a few days but already is our main AM, and same for his national team (its Georgia so probably not that spectacular). He is the real deal, everything about him oozes modern AM. Just needs to develop his shooting skills and phyiscal presence but i'm sure that he will go on to make in in bigger leagues. I can see him joining Ajax next year and EPL in 3 years

Back
Top Bottom