Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've mentioned him earlier in the season in other threads (Ligue 1 thread I think) but Nicolas Pepe (23yo Lille) is really looking good. Bit of the Samuel Eto about him, pacey, skilful, direct, can play as a wide forward/AM or as a CF. His team mate Bamba (22 ALM/WLF/CF) is also looking pretty good and is similarly versatile in attacking positions.

No way is Victor Claesson playing in Russia next season (if he doesn't move on in January) the way he is playing. He'll end up in one of the bigger European leagues soon enough

This is more a general statement than a "let's get him to spurs" one but Paco Alcazer netting 6 goals in a total of 81 minutes of playing time for Dortmund is mighty impressive.

Good to see him land on his feet and get a chance to prove his quality.

Leon Bailey backed out of playing for Jamaica when they did not call up his brother as well. So him switching to playing for England is still possible.

Belgian Spur Belgian Spur Arnaut Groeneveld at Club Brügge, worth keeping an eye at his development?

Not convinced yet, decent hardworking player that can score worldies yes, but its very early days to see if he can make it in the big leagues. Needs to gtfo Bruges after this season if he wants to succeed but that might prove hard as they ll ask big bucks and most players they sold for big bucks havent really made it. As opposed to Genk (not Gent) in Belgium who have sold Milenkovic, KDB, Courtois, Bailey, Colley, Koulibaly (napoli one), N didi -> all those players have made it. I think Bruges has a strong team and Genk has a very strong scouting.

Same goes for Ajax for instance, they deliver players that are ready, other teams from smaller countries form players for their level, rarely do they deliver instantly on the big 3-4 leagues. Best career track for me is going to a German middle level team, before aiming for the top 5 clubs in Spain, England and Italy

Last edited:
Aaron Mooy, far, far too good for Huddersfield he'd be a class player for a team sniffing around the top 6-7 places in the league.

I'd have him as a squad player in a heartbeat, nice tidy on the ball, clever and good technique

Just looks like a bald Tom Carroll to me.

Zero dribbling ability so just has to rely on comfortable possession keeping as opposed to much else.

Mini Hazard gets stronger every year, been in an amazing form for Gladbach, still young but lots of experience already. Not as good as his brother, but very few players are.
Scary thing is that there are two more younger Hazard brothers that are said to have even more potential if I understand it right

Scary thing is that there are two more younger Hazard brothers that are said to have even more potential if I understand it right
Nah that's not true, the younger ones are both not good enough. Kylian can play but lacks the physical elements that his older brothers have and the youngest has mad skills but for some reason does not step up to a higher level

Nah that's not true, the younger ones are both not good enough. Kylian can play but lacks the physical elements that his older brothers have and the youngest has mad skills but for some reason does not step up to a higher level

Who was the brother that Eden Hazard said was even better than him? Was that Thorgan?

He was exceptional yesterday for Gladbach.

Back
Top Bottom