Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jack Harrison.
Played in same team as my lad at school & Saturday league.

Went to USA on a scholarship age 14 & tore it up at college level.
Joined NYC
Bought by Man city
Presently on loan to the Yorkshire Nazis.

Was always a class above at school level, and looks quite a tidy player now. Be interesting to see how he progresses under Bielsa

Rumour is West Ham are bringing through an exciting young attacking midfielder. Goes by the nameof Wilshire. Answer to England's creativity issues, I'm told.

Sarr at Rennes is one to look out for.

Only 20 years old. Some may remember him from the Senegal team at the World Cup - pacy winger. Will be interesting to see how develops over the course of the season.

I think it'll be interesting if anyone catches your eye. Samu Saiz cost Leeds £3m when they got him last year. Amazing price based on everything I've seen of him so far. He'd get into most Premier League clubs from about 8th and lower. Got to be something wrong if he hasn't attracted any interest so far at his age.

Special mention needs to go to SausageVince SausageVince as well regarding McGinn. It'll be interesting to see how he works out in the Championship
Nyland has a nightmare as Villa stutter at Ipswich - ratings

McGinn the stand out player for Villa, again.

I already a small list for the bundesliga in the summer transfer thread (as I follow it since I lived in Germany). but to name others:

Ben Chilwell - a classic LB more in the mold of Davies than Rose. Solid and young, could be a great cover to Davies (as KWP is more of a RB)

Lewis Cook - a little dynamo, good passing range, young and could still improve.

Jack Cork - similar to Dier, not as good as him but if he gets a small pay rise he wouldn't mind being a squad player.

Tom Cairny - ditto

Mounas Dabour - could be a great back up striker, more than a simple no. 9

Not Jack Grealish.

Adama Traore another one.

Been a fan for years. End product has improved considerably. Amazing that it took Pulis to coach him for that to happen.

Had a good debut for Wolves yesterday too apparently after coming off the bench.

Amazing really that West Ham for all their money chose to get washed up/ mercenary type players when they could have got players like Brooks, Maddison etc and try to and develop an actual team. I like the look of Brooks, very tidy and intelligent looking player
it doesnt surprise me. same reason they got Pellegrini. They have gotten themselves obsessed with "Big Names", and making statements, simply because, IMO, they got a big stadium.

they think have repeated this with their signings, and yet some make no sense. why drop 7 million on Fabianski. Its arguable they he isnt an improvement on Adrian (and is possibly not as good), and he's two years older. Its a signing for the sake of it, to make them feel and look (in the eyes of the press and some supporters) like players in the market

If they had gotten someone like Eddie Howe and given him free hand to develop a team I would be slightly nervy that they might actually get somewhere.

it doesnt surprise me. same reason they got Pellegrini. They have gotten themselves obsessed with "Big Names", and making statements, simply because, IMO, they got a big stadium.

they think have repeated this with their signings, and yet some make no sense. why drop 7 million on Fabianski. Its arguable they he isnt an improvement on Adrian (and is possibly not as good), and he's two years older. Its a signing for the sake of it, to make them feel and look (in the eyes of the press and some supporters) like players in the market

If they had gotten someone like Eddie Howe and given him free hand to develop a team I would be slightly nervy that they might actually get somewhere.

Eddie Howe, Callum Wilson, Lewis Cook, David Brooks, Alfie Mawson & James Maddison would have cost the same, less possibly taking wages into account than its cost them to get Pelligrini & all of their summer signings this time around.

I don't mind Fabianski in all honesty but I do think they should have taken a punt on Butland after Stoke went down. Amazing that he's gone from being nip tuck for England number 1 to a Championship player without even kicking a ball this summer.

West Ham's obsession with being big instead of laying the foundations on how to be big is just laziness or being completely clueless from all involved. I'd love to see them finish 15th or something like that after getting out of their cages this year about the transfer window (ideally I'd like to see them in the bottom 3 but that ain't going to be happening)

Eddie Howe, Callum Wilson, Lewis Cook, David Brooks, Alfie Mawson & James Maddison would have cost the same, less possibly taking wages into account than its cost them to get Pelligrini & all of their summer signings this time around.

I don't mind Fabianski in all honesty but I do think they should have taken a punt on Butland after Stoke went down. Amazing that he's gone from being nip tuck for England number 1 to a Championship player without even kicking a ball this summer.

West Ham's obsession with being big instead of laying the foundations on how to be big is just laziness or being completely clueless from all involved. I'd love to see them finish 15th or something like that after getting out of their cages this year about the transfer window (ideally I'd like to see them in the bottom 3 but that ain't going to be happening)

Fabianski was an example of spending for the sake of spending...there is no real improvement on what was there already, and clearly he wasnt bought to be a back up.

Agree with you on Butland..it would have been spending the money to improve on whats there, and its understandable. But the only reason fabianski is starting games is because they have just bought him. I dont think he's any better than what they already have

This is based off of just one half of football so by no means a full analysis. But I have liked what I have seen of Domenico Berardi of Sassuolo. Looks like a hard working dynamic forward. And only 24 so not even peaked yet and already Sassuolo's all time top goal scorer according to Wikipedia.

Berardi has been highly rated for a while - still remember him scoring 4 goals in one game against AC Milan a few years back. Problem was he was sent out to the wing which halted his progress.

He was co-owned by Juventus at one point and was meant to be the next big thing and lead the Juve line for years to come but never happened of course. I think he may have even rejected them as didn't want to sit on their bench.

He has all the tools - but I have no idea what his actual work ethic is like and whether he really wants to be.

Eddie Howe has done a great job at getting in young English talent at Bouremouth and improving them.

Given that Spurs currently have 20 'overseas trained' players for UEFA purposes (we can only name 17 in the squad) and 5 Club Trained or 'Trained by other clubs affiliated to FA, so we will be restricted to a 22 man squad (plus Walker-Peters and Carter-Vickers who are u21's), we could have done with taking a punt on one or two of these rather than a N'Koudou.

Problem with all PL clubs having so much TV money, the likes of Bournemouth don't have much incentive to sell to Spurs, so we will need to buy relatively untested players from Championship or League 1, which we used to do, but Spurs seem to have stopped, but the Grealish saga suggests we recognise we need to do again, as well as bring through some of our own youngsters from the Academy.

Eddie Howe has done a great job at getting in young English talent at Bouremouth and improving them.

Given that Spurs currently have 20 'overseas trained' players for UEFA purposes (we can only name 17 in the squad) and 5 Club Trained or 'Trained by other clubs affiliated to FA, so we will be restricted to a 22 man squad (plus Walker-Peters and Carter-Vickers who are u21's), we could have done with taking a punt on one or two of these rather than a N'Koudou.

Problem with all PL clubs having so much TV money, the likes of Bournemouth don't have much incentive to sell to Spurs, so we will need to buy relatively untested players from Championship or League 1, which we used to do, but Spurs seem to have stopped, but the Grealish saga suggests we recognise we need to do again, as well as bring through some of our own youngsters from the Academy.

Agreed. We really need to find ways of overcoming our HG issues. Firstly our next 3rd choice keeper simply needs to be HG, as does our squad replacements once Janssen, Nkoudou, Llorente, Dembele & Sissoko really, minus one or two perhaps. Realistically we need to somewhere find 2-4 decent HG players to compensate for the situation we've got ourselves in whilst trying to get 1-2 top class nonHG in to have a balanced squad. Amazing situationnwe finding ourselves in when we had the most English players starting for the national team at the World Cup.

I still think not classing Dier as Homegrown is a ridiculous rule. Surely trained players & English should be classed as HG regardless of where they felt their nurturing was best. One of those things that would really help us but you've got to play to the rules

Back
Top Bottom