Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kristoffer Peterson at Heracles is worth keeping an eye on. Should class as a homegrown since he spent 2011-2014 at Liverpool but got exiled to Holland after that. Has had a couple of good years over there for Utrecth, Roda and now Heracles. Bit of a winger with some Hazard elements to his play as well. And only 23 so still young.

Currently leading their scoring league with 7 in 6 games.

Off the bench to get another 2 assists for Sancho today - helped Dortmund come from 2-0 down to end up beating Leverkusen 2-4 and go top of the German league.

He now has 1 goal and 5 assists in 125 minutes this season.

Fucking ridiculous

Salmani (also called Bensebaini) at Rennes (played Lb today but can play bc and in midfield I believe) looked interesting, but haven’t seen loads of him.

Been quite impressed by Todibo (18yo) CB at Toulouse, drafted in this season to replace Diop. Early days but first few games looks decent, quickish, technically ok, tenacious.

Last edited:
Kristoffer Peterson at Heracles is worth keeping an eye on. Should class as a homegrown since he spent 2011-2014 at Liverpool but got exiled to Holland after that. Has had a couple of good years over there for Utrecth, Roda and now Heracles. Bit of a winger with some Hazard elements to his play as well. And only 23 so still young.

Currently leading their scoring league with 7 in 6 games.

Make that 8 goals after this weekend

Alfred Finnbogason at Augsburg. Just scored a hat-trick against Freiburg in his first league appearance of the season. Not bad for an Icelandic striker.

EDIT: Apparently he today also became Augsburg's all time top goal scorer in the Bundesliga.

Last edited:
Watched Toulouse v Nice tonight. Young RB for Nice caught my eye, Youcef Atal, 22yo, making his first few appearances for Nice this season having arrived from Algeria and spent a season on loan in Belgium. Very quick, likes to dribble, good technique, comfortable on the ball running at the opposite full back, pretty tenacious too.

Last edited:
Plea from Monchengladbach is banging them this season (we were linked with him this summer). but if we get someone from there it's little Hazard.

I'll say it again, Ben Chilwell would be a great LB to develop

Plea from Monchengladbach is banging them this season (we were linked with him this summer). but if we get someone from there it's little Hazard.

I'll say it again, Ben Chilwell would be a great LB to develop
Do Gladbach have any CMs worth looking at?

I have a soft spot for Oskar Wendt since our old national team manager ruined his international career through freezing him out of the national team for 8 years despite being easily our best LB. And once we got our new GM in he only played for a couple of months before retiring from it due to age. Had he been a few years younger it would have been fun to see him get a run in the prem. He's definitely good enough for any team between place 7-20

Mini Hazard does indeed look a player

Do Gladbach have any CMs worth looking at?

I have a soft spot for Oskar Wendt since our old national team manager ruined his international career through freezing him out of the national team for 8 years despite being easily our best LB. And once we got our new GM in he only played for a couple of months before retiring from it due to age. Had he been a few years younger it would have been fun to see him get a run in the prem. He's definitely good enough for any team between place 7-20

Mini Hazard does indeed look a player

Zakaria is a central midfielder at Gladbach who looks relatively impressive. He's only 21 years old too.

In terms of left back, I really like what I've seen of Milenkovic at Fiorentina. He's only 20 years old but he looks excellent. Good going forward. Solid defensively. I barely see anyone trouble him and a full Serbian international too. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

Was about to say Reiss Nelson at Hoffenheim looks a really good player.

And then I saw he was on loan from Woolwich.

Declan Rice could be worth a punt in Jan. Get over the fact he was on the books at Chelsea and currently plays for West Ham. I think he's a very talented player and only 19.

Back
Top Bottom