Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Salmani (also called Bensebaini) at Rennes (played Lb today but can play bc and in midfield I believe) looked interesting, but haven’t seen loads of him.

Been quite impressed by Todibo (18yo) CB at Toulouse, drafted in this season to replace Diop. Early days but first few games looks decent, quickish, technically ok, tenacious.

Mentioned Todibo in this post a while back, Toulouse are currently refusing to play him as he’s refusing to sign a new contract, rumours of Inter (and others) interested in him. Shame for Toulouse.

I really enjoy Patrick Cutrone at Milan. Certain Harry like qualities to him. Both in play and in his connection to his club.

Can't help rooting for him

The kind of player I want to see us go after. Got to be on our radar should Eriksen not sign a new deal & would be within our price range

This.

He'll either flourish and be a world star or he won't make it and we can just sell him.

I always think of Verratti in this instance. Never played a single minute of top flight football before PSG gambled on him. Now look. One of the best midfielders in world football.

Tonali is even higher rated as well.

This.

He'll either flourish and be a world star or he won't make it and we can just sell him.

I always think of Verratti in this instance. Never played a single minute of top flight football before PSG gambled on him. Now look. One of the best midfielders in world football.

Tonali is even higher rated as well.

I completely agree. We need to believe in our scouting network, work well under the radar and focus on the next Veratti, Ndombele, Dele Alli, the next Mbappe or Milinkovic-Savic, Kante & Mahrez etc. Whilst all of the players I've highlighted, bar Veratti, Kanye, Mahrez and of course Del all these players could be on our radar as they play for lesser clubs but the money they will cost is just too far out of reach for a club in our position with the build etc.

Not being funny but if clubs like Monaco, Genk, Amiens & Caen have an eye for these players there's no reason why our scouts shouldn't be well enough informed by contacts all over the globe as to the ones we should be looking at. Nothing pleases me more than a top class youngster bursting onto the scene wearing our colours and I'd hate to see us lose that element of our club, if anything it's the part we need to be working on the most moving forward

He's only 18 years old and I think he could become a great player under Poch, the talent is clearly there and he seems like a decent lad. Not that I think we will sign him.

The Wan-Bissaka lad at Palace, their young right back, interesting case.

Apparently trained all his career until very recently as a right winger. Only switched to right back by accident. They had a load of injuries to their defenders and Hodgson was asking for someone from the academy to train with the first team to mark Zaha. He hardly got a kick and they realised they'd had a complete natural all along.

Not so relevant to us with KWP.

Neuhaus. I thought it will take him longer to get used to bundesliga pace but he’s being brilliant.
If we want an Eriksen successor that won’t cost a fortune yet. Classy, great vision and touch, great long range passing and shot.

Mijat Gacinovic (23yo Frankfurt). Midfielder. Not seen much of this kid before but caught my eye tonight, only highlights but showed some lovely technique and vision.

Very inconsistent. Loses the ball a TON. Will look like a world beater on a YouTube highlight. But extremely frustrating in real life.

Does have a very silky touch and loads of talent.

The Frankfurt player we should be after is CB Evan N'Dicka. 19 y/o they found in the French second division who has taken to the Bundesliga like a duck to water. Seen as a developmental prospect, he forced his way into the starting line up of last years second best (Bundesliga) defense.

Mature beyond his years, tall, athletic defender who can also play left back and has shown some very nice passing/crossing ability in the Europa League. Hasn't put a foot wrong in defense all season.

Back
Top Bottom