Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do we have any Girona type agreements across Europe at all? We really should have as it really helps the issue English clubs face that teams like Barca B etc don't. Imagine how useful a Girona type partnership would be for not only the scouting departments but for prospects like Walker-Peters, Josh Onomah etc.

I know we've had some before in USA, Holland etc but it seems they've all died down.

Yeah, I vaguely remember some dutch tie-up, but I think it faded. Ive been banging this drum for years, I think we desperately need this kind of relationship with a a club or two in Europe, where kids can get game time out of the spot light and in environments that are much more conducive to their development. I think it makes long term sense to financially incentivise a loan partner club, so there's something in it for them - ie we let them have the kids for free, pay for the upkeep etc. whilst they get game time and valuable development. France and Germany would be ideal, but Holland and Belgium too.

Yeah, I vaguely remember some dutch tie-up, but I think it faded.
I think it was Roda JC, KWP even went on trial there in January 2016 and there were advanced discussions for a partnership, but it never came to an agreement.

Kyle Walker-Peters steps into big time at Tottenham with a minimum of fuss | Nick Ames

In January 2016 Kyle Walker-Peters had a decision to make. Tottenham had agreed that he could join up with Roda JC, a lower mid-table side in the Dutch top flight, on their mid-season training camp in Portugal. Both parties would spend the week looking at one another with the idea of coming to a loan arrangement and, all being well, it would bring a first taste of competitive senior football to a player still three months short of his 19th birthday.

A temporary move never materialised and the suggestion when Walker-Peters returned to London was that the number of high balls Roda played was a stumbling block for the right-back. Any fit has to be an appropriate one so instead he slotted back into Spurs’ under-21 side, where he had stood out in the previous 12 months, continued working and waited for his chance.

Last edited:
This kid looks absolutely superb. He may only be 16 but he's gone right to the top of my list when it comes to the kind of midfielder I can see Poch chasing. All the physical attributes needed to become a top player it seems.

I'd love us to go after prospects like this.
It's pretty amazing that he is Ajax' youngest debutant ever (16 year and 4 months). Before him it was Clarence Seedorf who made his debut in 1992 when he was 16 year and 7 months old.

It's pretty amazing that he is Ajax' youngest debutant ever (16 year and 4 months). Before him it was Clarence Seedorf who made his debut in 1992 when he was 16 year and 7 months old.

He has all the raw quality we should be looking at. Tall, strong, elegant can move past players, seems to have a good first touch and the capacity to dribble. Ajax really are such an incredible club for nurturing talent

No way Ajax ever get rid of him until he's played 50+ league games for them, known throughout Europe and they can bleed money out of the highest bidder.

Swedish starlet Alexander Isak has earned his first senior call up to the national team for the euro qualifiers following a successful start to his loan spell at Willem II.

Isak has scored 5 goals in 5 games following his loan move to Holland from Dortmund.

Delighted for the boy. Only 19 years old and now a full international.

Yeah, I vaguely remember some dutch tie-up, but I think it faded. Ive been banging this drum for years, I think we desperately need this kind of relationship with a a club or two in Europe, where kids can get game time out of the spot light and in environments that are much more conducive to their development. I think it makes long term sense to financially incentivise a loan partner club, so there's something in it for them - ie we let them have the kids for free, pay for the upkeep etc. whilst they get game time and valuable development. France and Germany would be ideal, but Holland and Belgium too.

I hate this idea. Clubs should be independent. All loans should be abolished for the good of football.

I hate this idea. Clubs should be independent. All loans should be abolished for the good of football.

In principle that’s not a terrible notion, I’d also go further, stop any transfers or changes of manager during the season.

But as the system stands, we might as well use it, and it's much better for some of our kids development to go out and play proper football, than their development stagnating, and in many cases I think it's good for them to go abroad, where conditions (out of the UK media glare, progressive coaching, attitude to young players etc) can be far more conducive.

20th league goal this season for Bowen. Even if he wouldn't walk into our 11 he is in my opinion a player we should keep an eye on. Poch could probably take him up a few notches.

20th league goal this season for Bowen. Even if he wouldn't walk into our 11 he is in my opinion a player we should keep an eye on. Poch could probably take him up a few notches.

Bowen, Grealish & Brandt would make excellent signings if we are looking to bolster squad places on an attacking level.

If Eriksen goes and we need to spread our investments over multiple purchases we could go far worse than getting those 3. All would be c£25m each which really is nothing compared to the silly money getting chucked around in footy these days

I watch city a lot he's to good for the Championship however he's very hot and cold like Sonny. When on form he's the best player in the league however he's just as likely to be shut down. But tbf to him the City team is gash. For 20 million he's worth a shot and we can't close money

Isak enjoying his loan in Holland. 6 goals in 6 games in all comps and 3 of those in 3 straight league games. And grabs the winner away at Feyenoord tonight and got unveiled for the Swedish national team for the Euro qualifiers on Wednesday. Good week for the 19 year old.

Johannes Eggestein.

20 year old plays for Werder Bremen up top. Very intelligent player. Playing very well right now against Leverkusen, think I'll keep an eye on this guy.

Back
Top Bottom