Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I always questioned our scouting. Seems like all the money is spent towards growing english players. But how can you sign a youth grown on weetabix and walkers crisps? What happened to proper food diet?
Potatoes, meat and vegetables. Fish and rice. A proper meal from when you are young. Work hard in the gym build muscle. Run in the woods gain natural strenght. A five a side is the last thing you do.
Agreed, I don't want our youth even thinking about kicking a football until they've completed the Rocky IV montage training package and successfully knocked out Ivan Drago.

Would love Raphina, Tielemans or Barnes. Wishful thinking can be a wonderful thing. Wouldn't say no to Danny ings if he doesn't sign a new contract at Southampton. I like both Neto and Podence at Wolves. Trossard is a good player for Brighton and would be even better with more quality around him. Lamptey is a top prospect too, as is Ben White. Andersen looks top notch for Fulham. Konsa at Villa would improve us. Grealish would give me wet dreams.

Jens Cajuste is one to watch. A 21 year old Swedish midfielder playing for Mittjylland in the Danish league. A strong ball retainer and dribbler that is very comfortable with the ball at his feet and showed no fear in his first Champions League campaign this season. Going at it with midfielders from Liverpool, Atalanta and Ajax with zero hesitation. And he has now been called up to the two latest Swedish national team squads.

He could probably improve his long passes/crosses. But he has a ton of upside.

Wee guy playing in Japan (J.League 2) who I think is nailed on for a move to Europe in the future who has potential, could use a season somewhere like Holland/Belgium/Switzerland maybe to get him used to Europe.

Shion Homma (20) - Albirex Niigata. Tricky winger, plays on the left, but mostly right footed...bit like a Japanese Ribery, but nowhere near as powerful. Might well end up being too light, but he has something about him that maybe a serious training program might help with. Bit like Inui who has had a couple of decent Bundesliga/La Liga seasons.

The fact that physical contact seems to be slowing being squeezed out of football might help him tbh.

Last edited:
Jebbison, scored on his full debut for Sheffield United, not 18 till July, looks a real player, strong character as well judging from his post match interviews. Mixed Canadian/English, currently plats for the latter st u18 level. One to keep an eye on, be interesting to see how he gets on in the Championship next season.

Very sad news, love watching this guy play. Devastating for Palace, next season could be tough for them.

New manager, 17 players out of contract, and their young star out injured.

Yup. That's a recipe for a bad start to a season if I have ever seen one.

Either that or some form of fantastic start. No in between.

I know I mentioned him before (he was at Ghent and moved to Lille), but Spurs should have a hard look at Jonathan David. He’s just clinical. Took some time adjusting at Lille, but scored 11 in his last 20 there and for Canada has another three goal performance in WC qualifying tonight.
Doesn’t hurt to have Alphonso Davies to link up with!

I think Ivan Toney from Brentford would be a great addition up front, or if it's a midfielder you're after then Flynn Downes from Ipswich.

Someone has to be looking at Doku? I haven’t watched him much, to say the least, but he looks like a huge talent with a lot of pace. Looked really good for Belgium today, despite the result.
Said this in another thread but he's probably too expensive at the moment. He only just joined Rennais in France last year for £23m and still has 3 years left on his contract. He's also only 19. Doubt they would let him go for less than £40m, especially given how he played today.

I would guess a lot of the top clubs are looking at him and I think Liverpool were linked with him before the Euros as a potential Mane replacement.

Said this in another thread but he's probably too expensive at the moment. He only just joined Rennais in France last year for £23m and still has 3 years left on his contract. He's also only 19. Doubt they would let him go for less than £40m, especially given how he played today.

I would guess a lot of the top clubs are looking at him and I think Liverpool were linked with him before the Euros as a potential Mane replacement.

Wow that's a big fee for a kid to a club like Rennes....

He looked like a right pest tonight though..... If a bit raw.

I'm going to add another young Canadian here: Tajon Buchanan. He plays for the New England Revolution in MLS, and while he might not be a starter in our top squad at this point, he looks really good! Apparently he's had some Ligue 1 interest (Lens) and potentially a couple other European suitors (Juventus). The offer from Lens was apparently $3.5m, so it's not like a deal couldn't be done for cheap here.

I just feel like these are the kinds of players worth a punt, and when they're worth 30-40m we moan that they're too expensive. Well...throw a little cash on a young guy with some pretty solid skill and talent before they reach that and help them blossom!

Saw Denmark last night. Firstly, what an enjoyable side to watch.

Andreas Skov Olsen and Mikel Damsgaard really stood out for me. The former with a lovely volley goal the latter was like a cylinder applying more pressure forward constantly.

Back
Top Bottom