Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Saw Denmark last night. Firstly, what an enjoyable side to watch.

Andreas Skov Olsen and Mikel Damsgaard really stood out for me. The former with a lovely volley goal the latter was like a cylinder applying more pressure forward constantly.
Was baffled by people saying Damsgaurds form was some how a fluke he is a player we should be all over he is on an up ward developmental curve.

Eriksen with Ajax was already wonderfull .

He was, but still speculative. The Eredivise isn’t the Seria A, Eriksen wasn’t even the most hyped player in that Ajax side! It was Viktor Fischer! Eriksen stepped up and became one of the best attacking MF in Europe, Fischer didn’t.

I think Damsgaard is going to be class. He has that Danish spark going forward

He was, but still speculative. The Eredivise isn’t the Seria A, Eriksen wasn’t even the most hyped player in that Ajax side! It was Viktor Fischer! Eriksen stepped up and became one of the best attacking MF in Europe, Fischer didn’t.

I think Damsgaard is going to be class. He has that Danish spark going forward
I remember the hype around Fischer - and "rightly" so. But after he flopped at Boro his career went downhill. Even back in Danmark, playing for FC København, he didn't do that well either. It shows how hard - at times - it is to predict who will make it and who won't...
PS! It makes me "smile" at times when reading SC and how guys on there go on about blaming all the managers about "this" and "that" player not making it at Spurs/EPL... seemingly believing that every Spurs talent is bound for greatness...

Saw Denmark last night. Firstly, what an enjoyable side to watch.

Andreas Skov Olsen and Mikel Damsgaard really stood out for me. The former with a lovely volley goal the latter was like a cylinder applying more pressure forward constantly.

Couldn't beat the mighty England, though.

I watched this game the other night, loved it. The best player on the pitch was this 20yr old kid!!!!

Signed a new deal with the club the next day, well done for doing that ensures they get value.

Not sure I'm seeing it tbh what position was he playing?
He spent a lot of the time as number 10, but he roamed and rotated a fair bit.

I didn’t know much about him before this game but started to read a bit on him. He’s quite unique in the positions he takes up it seems……

Back
Top Bottom