Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ethan Galbraith at Manchester United, hard to tell if he'll make it at United, but I am 100% convinced he'll be a Premier League level footballer for the majority of his career.

Playing out of his skin on loan at Doncaster Rovers, think he could end up being one of Northern Ireland's best ever midfielders. They way he plays reminds me of Iniesta.

Filling in at Right Back...

Noticed that a player called Enes Sali made his full international debut for Romania on Sunday night vs Liechtenstein....at 15 years old.

This was about 8 months after his sub debut for their Under-16's and 2 months after he broke the Romanian record for youngest league goalscorer.

Born in Canada and ended up at La Masia before Gheorghe Hagi tempted his father back to Romania and into his academy and eventually into the first team of the club he owns, Farul Constanta.

You don't make an International debut for a country like Romania at 15 unless you're a bit special usually.

Noticed that a player called Enes Sali made his full international debut for Romania on Sunday night vs Liechtenstein....at 15 years old.

This was about 8 months after his sub debut for their Under-16's and 2 months after he broke the Romanian record for youngest league goalscorer.

Born in Canada and ended up at La Masia before Gheorghe Hagi tempted his father back to Romania and into his academy and eventually into the first team of the club he owns, Farul Constanta.

You don't make an International debut for a country like Romania at 15 unless you're a bit special usually.

Alright, I've just posted about an exciting young French prospect called Alan Virginius in the Summer TW thread, but as he's not one for the immediate future, and cause there are a few other intriguing talents out there, I thought I'd start a separate thread and we can add to it...sort of a 'Watch this space' space.

Looking forward to discovering some players, especially from foreign fans as the UK talent pool is pretty well known, but by all means...

No set criteria, but best if they're in the Virginius mould ie under 21yo, not necessarily regular starters and not necessarily playing in the top leagues, not valued at zillions on transfermarket etc. So no Cherki, Moukoko, Gravenberch, Wirtz etc basically...

COYS

The academy has a good set of youngsters, think next season (hopefully on loan) people will start seeing Scarlett is a wonderkid.

AussieYiddo AussieYiddo what's the word on that Josh Rawlins kid from Perth? Only 17 but I remember reading some pretty positive stuff on the lad. Never seen him play, though

LeParisien LeParisien that Bitshiabu kid from PSG is a beast, incredible physique for such a young lad. You know of him? I'm planning to go watch him a few times before end of this year

LeParisien LeParisien that Bitshiabu kid from PSG is a beast, incredible physique for such a young lad. You know of him? I'm planning to go watch him a few times before end of this year
Ive heard a bit of buzz. Im sceptical of young players with exceptional physique. Sometimes their physical development relative to their peers masks their flaws.

Could he be great? Perhaps.
Could he be good like Sanchez? Perhaps.
Could he fizzle away below the standard we would need? Decent chance.

Ive never seen him play though so I’m interested in what you have to say after seeing him. He’s meant to be technically sound but I’ve seen enough hyped players at his age fail to know not to get too excited.

This kid is making waves in Denmark as the biggest talent since Eriksen. Still just 16 years old.

This kid has so much potential. There were people screaming about how he needed to be called up to the Swedish national team before he had played a game at first team level.

I hope that he properly establishes himself in Denmark and doesn't rush his career path.

This kid is making waves in Denmark as the biggest talent since Eriksen. Still just 16 years old.

I wonder if our scouts even know of Mbappe, so this kid...no chance.

But man he's good. Will probably end up at Ajax or Dortmund for 5 mil.

If we signed a kid like him and sent him out on loan for a couple years, that could be interesting. And even if it doesn't work out, that was worth a punt.

If we signed a kid like him and sent him out on loan for a couple years, that could be interesting. And even if it doesn't work out, that was worth a punt.

Didn't they just outlaw that? (under 18)

Will make English youth even more expensive/valued, if nobody can make foreign wonderkids HG. Pretty sure it was this (or maybe non-eu? some geek will know exactly)

Didn't they just outlaw that? (under 18)

Will make English youth even more expensive/valued, if nobody can make foreign wonderkids HG. Pretty sure it was this (or maybe non-eu? some geek will know exactly)
Really not sure what the deal is re signing under 18s. I'll Google it up.

Of course, I'd rather sign English talent, but I've not seen a 16yo Brit at that kid's level for a while

Back
Top Bottom