Player's you have met

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I met Dolphin in 2018 at Charles de Gaulle airport. Not sure why he was there but he was with a ridiculously attractive female. He caught me staring (at him), I then waved and said “hi Nacer” then he walked over. I was rock hard at that point. Rock. Fucking. Hard.

Lovely chap. Had plenty of time to chat once he knew I was a Spurs fan. He said he loved his time at the club, loved the fans, made loads of friends etc. Offered to take a photo and sign an autograph even though I didn’t ask which I thought was a nice touch. Shook my hand and off he went.

He wouldn’t let me sniff his girlfriend’s hair though which I thought was a little bit rude.
Post of the year!

I was on the stairs queuing for a water slide at a park in Malaga when one of my mates let me know James Milner was behind us.

This was late June last year so the CL final debacle was still raw.

I turned around and said something like "alright James. Well done on the CL final... we were a bit shit though weren't we? What do you reckon Spurs need to do to compete?"

I don't think he appreciated the Spurs-centric question which in hindsight was a pretty bad intro from me. He stopped for a second and looked a bit offended and then said "probably sign some players".

There was a bit of follow on stilted chat but I can't really remember what was said. I do remember saying Ok cheers and turning back around just as he started saying something else. I just kept looking forward while we slowed ascended the steps and vowed never to turn around again.

He was smaller than I expected but chiseled as fuck. And the park was a right dive so I guess he is quite down to Earth.

When I was 12, I spent a couple of weeks at an Iain St John Soccer School. The man himself was the main coach, along with Maurice Setters, who later became assistant to Jack Charlton at Republic of Ireland.

Midway through the second week, St John had one of his other mates visit the school to work with us and this guy spent a couple of days teaching us how to finish with boot and head. On the second day, my two diving headed goals won me the player of the day award. All thanks to Jimmy Greaves.

When I was 12, I spent a couple of weeks at an Iain St John Soccer School. The man himself was the main coach, along with Maurice Setters, who later became assistant to Jack Charlton at Republic of Ireland.

Midway through the second week, St John had one of his other mates visit the school to work with us and this guy spent a couple of days teaching us how to finish with boot and head. On the second day, my two diving headed goals won me the player of the day award. All thanks to Jimmy Greaves.
Now that is something to treasure- being coached by the best British striker we have ever seen :)

Jimmy Greaves at a charity do. He was fucking mullered but hilarious. Best after dinner speech I’ve ever heard.
Graham Roberts. 100% Spurs and a nice fella.
Steve Archibald. Couldn’t understand a word he was saying (I was fucking mullered in Barcelona)
Met both Tom Huddlestone & Michael Dawson when they were staying at same hotel I was when both playing for Hull.
Hudd was a bit of a cunt. Daws was absolutely the nicest fella you could ever meet. He even missed first 10 minutes of the club “dinner” because we were chatting about Ryan Mason’s injury which had only happened a couple of weeks earlier.

Met Gary Mabbutt on the opening night of the ill fated restaurant known as Football Football in the west end. Charming man and no surprise that he became one of our clubs best ambassadors. Not going to bother speaking about the Woolwich , Chavs and Bin Dippers that were there !

Only met two spurs players . Gary Mabutt was before the cup final against Chelsea. He came down to the game before I was soaking it up with the fans. This was just before he was about to have an operation which could have left him unable to walk so was really touching to meet him.

Met Darren Anderton is a fancy dress shop on central and be refused to shake my hand. Came across badly!

Met Stan Collymore once in greece. Actually alot nicer than one might think. He was obviously not ready for fame and money thrown at him at the time.(1996)

Don't think Gary Mabbutt has a mean bone in his body. I have seen him quite a few times -
1. On Wembley way before the League Cup Final against the Chavs - he was mobbed and he posed for selfies and smiled at everyone
2. I was at a dinner for a friend's 50th birthday at some golf club in Herts, and he was there with his wife. I wasn't going to bother him, but a couple of guys asked for photos and autographs, and he didn't seem to mind, so I got him to sign my menu, and he was really nice and we had a little chat.
3. At the last home game against Wolves, he was in the coffee shop in Sainsbury's and people were coming up to him all the time, and again he was lovely to everyone, especially to a young man in a wheelchair, he must have spent a good five minutes chatting with him.

One of life's true gentlemen, shame that more players don't follow his example. A credit to our Club.

Don't think Gary Mabbutt has a mean bone in his body. I have seen him quite a few times -
1. On Wembley way before the League Cup Final against the Chavs - he was mobbed and he posed for selfies and smiled at everyone
2. I was at a dinner for a friend's 50th birthday at some golf club in Herts, and he was there with his wife. I wasn't going to bother him, but a couple of guys asked for photos and autographs, and he didn't seem to mind, so I got him to sign my menu, and he was really nice and we had a little chat.
3. At the last home game against Wolves, he was in the coffee shop in Sainsbury's and people were coming up to him all the time, and again he was lovely to everyone, especially to a young man in a wheelchair, he must have spent a good five minutes chatting with him.

One of life's true gentlemen, shame that more players don't follow his example. A credit to our Club.
Gary Mabutt was perhaps one of the most underrated players. Maybe a bit too nice

Met Stan Collymore once in greece. Actually alot nicer than one might think. He was obviously not ready for fame and money thrown at him at the time.(1996)
I met him in Madrid actually maybe the day before the final. Seemed all right. But we all know he's a women beater.

Back
Top Bottom