Player's you have met

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any player/ manager/ agent that’s been interviewed in the past 10 years

The most engaging was Mido one of the nicest down to earth, ardent Spurs fan you come across

Used to be a class mate and team mate of Clive Allen’s younger brother Bradley (who went on to play for QPR, Charlton, Grimsby and the mighty Hornchurch). Sometimes dad Les and Clive would turn up to watch our school team play. Clive seemed nice but I never really spoke to Les. Used to play against Bradley as well for my Sunday league team. Was very tricky and sharp but never minded marking him too much as he was quite slow- bit like Clive I guess but not as good.

Used to see Ray Parlour at The Cricketers pub in Hornchurch with his family and sometimes he was with Tony Adams at Romford dogs. I can remember once drunkenly going up to them and slagging Ray and Donkey off about their acts of thuggery like letting off fire extinguishers at Pizza Hut etc. (Typical goons).

Have met a few other players through my son’s football including Heskey, Savage, Darren Peacock etc

Last edited:
#blantant
I played for Spurs youth when Steve Sedgley, Paul Moran & David Howells were also playing. I knew Sedgley and Moran before joining Spurs as my School used to play theirs (Albany) + we all played for the other Sat/Sun Clubs of the time then, namely Enfield Rangers, Enfield Chase, Cuffley etc.. Couldn't stand Sedgely at the time it used to kick off frequently between the two of us.

With the above group there was plenty of flat sharing with loads of gooners, Kevin Campbell, Paul Rocastle (I'm still best mates with one from this crowd to this day & Paul's best friend right up to his passing a couple of years ago). Ian Wright who I met much later on (after I hung my boots up) as this group would meet every year to remember Paul.

My last days playing as semi-pro were for Enfield when Graham Roberts became manager, he was shite.

I've met and spent some time talking to:
Jennings, Glenn Hoddle, Peter Taylor, Mickey Hazard, Paul Miller, John Pratt. Mark Falco who I met away at Palace was great, singing and cheering all game, surprised me as he doesn't seem to do the old Spurs legends circuit that much but he was a real laugh all game, went for a drink after too!

When we trained at Cheshunt & Mill Hill it was a piece of piss to meet the players, either to watch a session and then when they stopped that you could still get access to the car park so basically a case of everyone who played in those teams but didn't name-check them as never spoke to them.

Lastly, when I was about 11 I did a milk round one summer and on my round (around The Ridgeway, Enfield) was Steve Archibald, Garth Crooks & Chris Houghton. They all lived in separate houses but next to each other opposite The Sun pub. Got a great tip from all of them on my last week but it was Chris Houghton who was absolutely brilliant with me and would have a kick about in his front garden almost every week, lovely man.

Oh, almost forgot me and a few of mates smashed up Charlie Nicholas's mini, with him in it, whilst at a red light on Windmill Hill, Enfield. He would drive it in the hope of going incognito, mainly avoiding the old bill as he was almost certainly drink driving at the time. Cunt.

Last edited:
#blantant
I played for Spurs youth when Steve Sedgley, Paul Moran & David Howells were also playing. I knew Sedgley and Moran before joining Spurs as my School used to play theirs (Albany) + we all played for the other Sat/Sun Clubs of the time then, namely Enfield Rangers, Enfield Chase, Cuffley etc.. Couldn't stand Sedgely at the time it used to kick off frequently between the two of us.

With the above group there was plenty of flat sharing with loads of gooners, Kevin Campbell, Paul Rocastle (I'm still best mates with one from this crowd to this day & Paul's best friend right up to his passing a couple of years ago). Ian Wright who I met much later on (after I hung my boots up) as this group would meet every year to remember Paul.

My last days playing as semi-pro were for Enfield when Graham Roberts became manager, he was shite.

Jennings, Glenn Hoddle, Peter Taylor, Mickey Hazard, Paul Miller, John Pratt. Mark Falco who I met away at Palace was great, singing and cheering all game, surprised me as he doesn't seem to do the old Spurs legends circuit that much but he was a real laugh all game, went for a drink after too!

When we trained at Cheshunt & Mill Hill it was a piece of piss to meet the players, either to watch a session and then when they stopped that you could still get access to the car park so basically a case of everyone who played in those teams but didn't name-check them as never spoke to them.

Lastly, when I was about 11 I did a milk round one summer and on my round (around The Ridgeway, Enfield) was Steve Archibald, Garth Crooks & Chris Houghton. They all lived in separate houses but next to each other opposite The Sun pub. Got a great tip from all of them on my last week but it was Chris Houghton who was absolutely brilliant with me and would have a kick about in his front garden almost every week, lovely man.

Oh, almost forgot me and a few of mates smashed up Charlie Nicholas's mini, with him in it, whilst at a red light on Windmill Hill, Enfield. He would drive it in the hope of going incognito, mainly avoiding the old bill as he was almost certainly drink driving at the time. Cunt.
It was David Rocastle not Paul.
Tell me did he ignore you alot?

Both top boys. King surprisingly is quiet. Very laid back
Yes Lesley is a decent bloke. Met him at the Haringey Remembrance Day service in Wood Green,he was representing the club,a few years back. Lovely bloke.
I have also met Terry Naylor,top drawer ,one of your own.
Graham Roberts,decent fella.
Steve Perryman,still very passionate about the club and again,a decent bloke.
Gerry Armstrong, lived on my estate in Hoddesdon and use to get us cigerettes when we were under age.
John Pratt,Cliff Jones and Mark Falco met all 3together in Cardiff. Not a bad word about any of them.
Jamie Redknapp,not everyone's cuppa(to say the least),but was a decent very self aware bloke when I met him at work.
Berbatov... Grade A c**t!. Arrogant prick.
Robbie Keane. Full of himself,but was ok with me.
Gary Mabbut ok,but i thought he was going through the motions when talking to fans. Just my opinion.
Michael Brown. Lovely down to earth bloke,who seemed more interested.in talking to me and a mate than talking about himself. Shook our hands and thanked us for being spurs fans.
Pat Jennings. A true gent. The first spurs player I met and probably the one I have met the most.
EDIT it was Michael Dawson,not Brown I met. Losing the plot 😊

Last edited:
#blantant

When we trained at Cheshunt that was a day out to me as a kid. Go watch us train,then get loads of autographs.
I met Roecastle at work,and as much as I wanted to dislike him he was a superb. A proper decent bloke.

Yes Lesley is a decent bloke. Met him at the Haringey Remembrance Day service in Wood Green,he was representing the club,a few years back. Lovely bloke.
Gerry Armstrong, lived on my estate in Hoddesdon and use to get us cigerettes when we were under age.
John Pratt,Cliff Jones and Mark Falco met all 3together in Cardiff. Not a bad word about any of them.
Jamie Redknapp,not everyone's cuppa(to say the least),but was a decent very self aware bloke when I met him at work.
Gary Mabbut ok,but i thought he was going through the motions when talking to fans. Just my opinion.
Michael Brown. Lovely down to earth bloke,who seemed more interested.in talking to me and a mate than talking about himself. Shook our hands and thanked us for being spurs fans.
Pat Jennings. A true gent. The first spurs player I met and probably the one I have met the most.
The Gerry Armstrong line cracked me up😃 could you imagine the uproar if Harry Kane was out buying under age kids cigarettes.....lol!

I have never met Berbatov but a mate of mine was stopped from giving him a kicking by berbatovs side kicks at gatwick. My mate is not into football but is a long term serving member in the Army and does not like queue jumpers who then like to ask everyone if they know who they are.......

The Gerry Armstrong line cracked me up😃 could you imagine the uproar if Harry Kane was out buying under age kids cigarettes.....lol!

I have never met Berbatov but a mate of mine was stopped from giving him a kicking by berbatovs side kicks at gatwick. My mate is not into football but is a long term serving member in the Army and does not like queue jumpers who then like to ask everyone if they know who they are.......
Haha,your not the first to say that. He use to use the offy on the estate,and we hung around it. We were a gang of 13/14/15 year old mainly skinhead kids. Lots of people were intimidated by us. Not our Gerry,as street wise as they come. He'd always say,ok fellas,but just this wee once. He chose to live in what was a mainly working class estate,as opposed to living in posher Turnford/Wormley where several of the other players lived,mainly in one road "The Butts".

Just gone right through this to try and work out who Lesley was.........obviously spell check doesn't know who Ledley is! Haha

Back
Top Bottom