Player's you have met

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Non Spurs.

I met Tony Adams on a ferry to Ireland, after he'd retired and had sorted himself out. Had a little bit of a chat.
He seemed decent enough.

*runs off to wash mouth out with concentrated bleach.

On this theme I met John Terry at Chessinton World of Adventure standing next to my family in the queue for thunder mountain. I was dying to throw a few fucks into him but he was with his young daughter and me with grand kids.
He was so polite didn't have a queue jumping pass, signed autographs(not for me), allowed others in front of him..i felt sick!!

On this theme I met John Terry at Chessinton World of Adventure standing next to my family in the queue for thunder mountain. I was dying to throw a few fucks into him but he was with his young daughter and me with grand kids.
He was so polite didn't have a queue jumping pass, signed autographs(not for me), allowed others in front of him..i felt sick!!
Same here.
Adams had his kids with him, a boy and girl IIRC.

Met Toby Alderweireld after a game but it was more of a quick hello-wellplayed-picture-leave type situation.

Met loads of the legends at a charity cricket match in Stortford many years ago. Met Chivers, Pat Jennings and Greaves there but I was fairly young, so apart from those 3, I didn't know who else were the ex-Spurs players. Think there were 7 ex-spurs total. When I went to get autographs, I explained clearly that I was only interested in getting autographs from the ex-spurs players but they were all joking around saying they were ex-spurs when they weren't so ended up with about 15 autographs.

Met Steve Perryman at a charity event that he was speaking at. Really lovely guy and considering the room seemed to be full of Spurs fans, he still seemed to have time to talk to everyone. He also spoke at the event for free which not all celebs tend to do and fixed the auction so some of the young spurs fans won things

I met Aaron Lennon and Jermain Jenas after a preseason game in maybe 2005 or 2006. Lennon was fairly quiet but said hello and signed something. Jenas spoke to us for ages and spoke as clearly then as he does now. He had a conversation with somebody else about a charity and he said he would speak to the club about it and the club sent them a signed shirt a few weeks later so he obviously followed it up.

Also met Sherwood and Townsend at a youth game that got called off due to rain. Basically I turned up, the team coach also turned up, then we found out the game got called off. I only found out it got called off because it was Tim Sherwood that was telling everyone the game was cancelled. Got a picture with Sherwood but it was very dark so you couldn't really make either of us out. Saw Townsend walk near me but other people were pestering him so didn't really get to meet him. The likes of Harry Kane, Ryan Mason and Bentaleb all decided to stay on the bus. Could have met them all if not for the bloody weather!!!!!!!!!!:avbmad:

Met quite a lot of Spurs players but Jurgen Klinsmann is a lovely bloke, met him and his Mum and Dad and chatted for a good 10 mins. Ginola was terrific too, he made a joke about washing his hair only in Lloreal shampoo. Ruel Fox was the complete opposite, total ignorant tosser.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I met Razor Ruddock at the Brentwood garden show, I was eating a seafood cocktail and he tapped me on the shoulder and asked where I got it from, he's a down to earth nice fella.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I met Razor Ruddock at the Brentwood garden show, I was eating a seafood cocktail and he tapped me on the shoulder and asked where I got it from, he's a down to earth nice fella.
I'm surprised he didn't just eat YOURS, and ask where he could get SECONDS from?

Primary school friend and me applied for same secondary school.
I'll never forget the head asking us what we wanted to be.
Both: "Professional footballer, sir!"
He became semi-pro and was on the telly once in an FA Cup game.

I would too, that behaviour just doesn't fit the brief!

Gary Stevens, Dean Austin, Sol Campbell (Spurs play at the time - I promise), Stuart Nethercott and Pat Jennings.

All of them were polite and courtois but Gary Stevens stood out as a real gentleman and was willing to give up a lot of time to talk to Spurs fans and give advice to young kids.

Pat Jennings did get a bit sarcastic as I asked him for an autograph but didn't have a pen (I suppose he was right).

I have stood next to Luke Young at a Virgin megastore in Harlow, Andy Sinton in a newsagents in Epping High Street and parked next to Simon Davies at Brookfield Farm, Cheshunt. I always find it a bit weird and awkward going up to famous people who don't know me, so I didn't say anything.

I was at jct 2 M42 service station at about 12 midnight and Steve Perryman arrived with his Exeter team coming back from Peterborough away. He was quite happy to have long chats with members of the public who recognised him, another one who seems like a real gent.

I met Dolphin in 2018 at Charles de Gaulle airport. Not sure why he was there but he was with a ridiculously attractive female. He caught me staring (at him), I then waved and said “hi Nacer” then he walked over. I was rock hard at that point. Rock. Fucking. Hard.

Lovely chap. Had plenty of time to chat once he knew I was a Spurs fan. He said he loved his time at the club, loved the fans, made loads of friends etc. Offered to take a photo and sign an autograph even though I didn’t ask which I thought was a nice touch. Shook my hand and off he went.

He wouldn’t let me sniff his girlfriend’s hair though which I thought was a little bit rude.

Back
Top Bottom