Plugging the gaps with players currently at Poch’s disposal.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For most Spurs fans as per usual it’s been a poor transfer window thus far.

I don’t include myself part of the ever increasing trend of so called fans moaning about Levy or the lack of transfer activity going on at the club.

We are being linked with Some top names from the continent as per usual but what about the players already on our books who could potentially plug the gaps that we have in the side.

Harry Kane is currently our only recognised striker
we know Son and Moura are more than capable of filling in when called upon Troy Parrott has shown in pre season the undoubted potential he possesses and would be a definite bench warmer for me this season but the player I feel on our books already who could step into this role effortlessly is Erik Lamela either as a 2nd striker playing alongside Kane or to lead the line on his own.
Let’s not forget when signed he was top scorer in Serie A the previous season can link the play and find the space when making runs into the box

I also think Georges-Kevin Nkoudou could be transformed into a wing back under Poch’s tutelage and has impressed me in pre season. He wouldn’t be any worse then Kyle Walker as his pace would more often then not rescue him when he gives possession away but his ability to dribble and cross would cause opposition defenders nightmares.

I also think Kyle Walker Peters has at least earned the right to be our regular right back until January he has always impressed when played in Premier league fixtures and now is his time to shine.

And from the youngsters who have played pre season I think Japhet Tanganga deserves some game time this season along with Troy Parrott.

Are there any players we have already who you guys can see stepping up or getting Poch to change the players natural positions to plug the gaps we do have?

Didn’t a certain Danny Rose start off as Att Left Winger he’s probably one of the most solid left backs in European football now and Pochettino being a former Defender himself would be able to coach Nkoudou into a fine defensive player
Just my opinion of course you are entitled to have a laugh at it

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom