Poch appreciation thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

John Thomas

LEWIS & LEVY...Screwing Spurs since 2001
So most agree this can only end one way. The witch hunt, widely predicted last summer, has begun in earnest.
Poch is on the greasy pole as our squad and our form starts to disintegrate before our eyes.

One man, however, as always, gets a fee pass. Above all criticism and content to see the fans venom directed at the fall guy as he continues to draw the highest salary of any ceo in world football.

So heres a thread to post your greatest memories of the beautiful, but ultimately trophyless Pocchetino era

The Poch Out poll has 82% saying No..... so why do you think most people think it will end one way?

My view is that I’ve changed from being confident Poch will sort this out, to now being merely hopeful.....

Would be terribly sad to see it just pop up that Poch has gone one dark wet October evening....

The Poch Out poll has 82% saying No..... so why do you think most people think it will end one way?

My view is that I’ve changed from being confident Poch will sort this out, to now being merely hopeful.....

Would be terribly sad to see it just pop up that Poch has gone one dark wet October evening....
Once this sort of trend begins, it nearly always ends only one way mate.
I think we all know Poch doesn't really want to be here. He feels the trust between him and his chairman has been broken beyond repair. Shattered and betrayed.
And many of our best players definately want out.
The end days are approaching. And even I, as Poch's biggest fan, can see the reality

I think we all know Poch doesn't really want to be here. He feels the trust between him and his chairman has been broken beyond repair. Shattered and betrayed.
The end days are approaching. And even I, as Poch's biggest fan, can see the reality

I’m still hopeful because of last week....

It seemed the team meeting and the Poch/Levy meeting had a positive impact. It definitely felt those meetings were required though, which itself is a worry.

But the response vs Palace was excellent, and backed up the belief that we’ll “start” our season after the international break.

The two games since have definitely seen issues with in game management, naivety, personnel and mentality. But the circumstances of the games (draw at Olympiakos who haven’t lost in 6 months and defeat to a good Leicester side after a marginal call cost us probable victory) shouldn’t derail us......

Unless..... the derailment was already in full swing and the 45mins vs Palace was a freak.

As I said, I’m still hopeful.... but agree the signs are clearly there so that I won’t be surprised if Poch isn’t in the dugout come the new year.

:pochfacepalm:

I'm very confident this will be sorted. We will definitely get top 4 and possibly win a cup imo.
I'm not as confident as you but it is what I want.

Poch has done great things for us but I stand by my point from another thread that those achievements should not mean that he is free from questioning and criticism. We should be able to question his tactics and man management. As long as it is constructive discussions that should not be a problem.

I'm not as confident as you but it is what I want.

Poch has done great things for us but I stand by my point from another thread that those achievements should not mean that he is free from questioning and criticism. We should be able to question his tactics and man management. As long as it is constructive discussions that should not be a problem.
Good post and I totally agree.

Its all gone down hill since he started wearing a tracksuit, let’s get him back to looking smart And all in black and I guarantee the results will
Improve ! :pochsmirk:

So most agree this can only end one way. The witch hunt, widely predicted last summer, has begun in earnest.
Poch is on the greasy pole as our squad and our form starts to disintegrate before our eyes.

One man, however, as always, gets a fee pass. Above all criticism and content to see the fans venom directed at the fall guy as he continues to draw the highest salary of any ceo in world football.

So heres a thread to post your greatest memories of the beautiful, but ultimately trophyless Pocchetino era

you claim he isnt backed. higher net spend than Klopp.
I dont want to see pochettino leave, but you are just a moronic dullard

anything to back that up, dullard?

Could it be that Levy feels the same way?

Pochettino took this job knowing we weren’t City or PSG.

Levy gave him a five year contract, made him one of the richest coaches in world football, complete autonomy over every aspect of the playing staff, world leading training and playing facilities, greater control over recruitment budget (and watched Poch spend 200m in fees and wages on dimwits like Sissoko, Aurier, Moura, Sanchez) whilst having to listen to him moaning every fucking week about how awful his job is compared to everyone else’s and how he can only work with the shit he’s got.

He was still moaning about how Klopp's job was so much better than his after Levy bought him 140m worth of shiny new toys and Klopp got fuck all this summer. I didn't hear Klopp moaning about how Pochettino got to sign some great players this summer and he got none ?

He was hired because he supposedly prepared to give academy players chances. In his sixth season and only one, Winks, has been introduced by him and been properly integrated.

Back
Top Bottom