POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
Now this is crazy but let’s just say , now hypothetically old Jose wins us something league cup, fa cup whatever are we still wanting Poch back?
Some people are always going to want him back for one reason or the other. It's natural since we as a species are generally skeptical towards change on an animalistic level.

Mour probably wasn't the correct appointment to replace him but he has the pedigree and was available at the time. And letting Poch go was the correct move for all parties involved.

There are probably some people that still want Bill Nic in charge, despite him being dead. Or God forbid, Tim Sherwood.

But we didn’t have a thrusting manager with a point to prove

He couldn’t wait to get away from here quick enough and was desperate to get sacked which he quite rightly did

You can’t turn the clock back to 2015/6

He might make it at another club but I don’t think it will be in the PL as he’s been found out
Okay, say your hypothesis is correct, 'he couldn't wait to get away', perhaps then the question should turn to how in gods name did we allow ourselves to get into a situation where our best manager in decades wound up so disillusioned and unhappy that he couldn't wait to gtfo of our club?

Okay, say your hypothesis is correct, 'he couldn't wait to get away', perhaps then the question should turn to how in gods name did we allow ourselves to get into a situation where our best manager in decades wound up so disillusioned and unhappy that he couldn't wait to gtfo of our club?

I agree with you but that’s another argument
I’m talking about his performance and state of mind the previous 12 months or so before he was sacked

How he got to that state is another matter

But you should remember that his track record wasn’t particularly good before he rocked up with us although I do concede that we had two excellent seasons albeit without coming close to winning anything
If that’s your yardstick then Poch is your man but his comments on leaving just prior to the most important match in our history were unforgivable

I’m hoping to win things under José but happy to wait until we’re in a position to do so as we’re certainly not there yet!
Maybe we won’t and maybe we’ll have to look further afield in a couple of years but let’s give the man a chance first
Banging on about Poch coming back which is the subject of this thread is fanciful at best and ludicrous at worst and makes us a laughing stock
Imagine if the Scum had a similar thread about bringing Wenger back?
We’d have a field day quite rightly

Last edited:
If that were the case, why haven't we improved?
We did. Up until both Kane and Son got hurt only Liverpool and Leicester picked up more points than we did. It was once the injuries started piling up that the wheels started to come off again.

I'm not saying that Jose has been brilliant. But we definitely improved during his initial time in charge.

He explained here :
So we've employed one of the most highly respected managers in the game, made him one of the highest paid in the league, given him a squad of hugely talented players some of which are coveted by teams the world over and he says there is nothing he can do until he can buy different players. Sounds to me like Mourinho isn't such a great manager after all, and definitely not someone who should be brought in halfway through a season.

We did. Up until both Kane and Son got hurt only Liverpool and Leicester picked up more points than we did. It was once the injuries started piling up that the wheels started to come off again.

I'm not saying that Jose has been brilliant. But we definitely improved during his initial time in charge.

Mate, I've been watching the games. A few good results does not an improved side make.

So we've employed one of the most highly respected managers in the game, made him one of the highest paid in the league, given him a squad of hugely talented players some of which are coveted by teams the world over and he says there is nothing he can do until he can buy different players. Sounds to me like Mourinho isn't such a great manager after all, and definitely not someone who should be brought in halfway through a season.

So you’re ignoring all the injuries, taking over a dispirited fractured squad and any normal difficulties etc of taking over a team mid season without a pre season or bringing in your own players???????

Really???

Almost laughable

“Mourinho not such a great manager after all “

Look at what he’s won ffs And dream

Poch never got anywhere near winning anything
Harry was more successful but José is the best chance we’ve had in a long time time

Surely you can see that???

See TH? Now you're out here talking sense and sparking thought instead of just repeating the company line and terminating any discussion. What fresh hell is this that you've wrought on this forum? Repeat after me "Mou's a winner"..."Poch had to go"..."It was time"..."He had given up"..."He lost the dressing room"...so forth and so on.

Mour probably wasn't the correct appointment........might be cynical but if there had been a better option he wouldn’t be with us? Plus I don’t think he’d have left a job for us he was out of work and if reports were to be believed he wanted to stay in London it was either us or the goons.......and we won :mourloopy:

If that were the case, why haven't we improved?
Another anti Mourinho muppet. People are stating facts here kiddie. Under MP we were heading south at a rate of knots. Simple fact is we've improved results wise with key injuries and a piss poor mismanaged squad. Moan about the football style that's fair enough but for fuck sake let's stop pretending Poch had us playing this Brazil style football while winning numerous trophies. It's fucking tiresome.

Back
Top Bottom