POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
He hasn't gone yet but after next season probably after all is the club going in the right direction for him I doubt it.
...and then Harry has to consider the situation with Mou and his history. If it doesn't work then Harry would be in the middle of another manager change next year. I have my ideas on the situation and they're not very popular.

...and then Harry has to consider the situation with Mou and his history. If it doesn't work then Harry would be in the middle of another manager change next year. I have my ideas on the situation and they're not very popular.
Unfortunately there is a large section of the fanbase who won't except Jose become poch was their darling even though he won fuck all and allowed the team to drift/stagnate, on that basis I fully expect Jose will not last long and yet again the club will be looking for another stooge or manager I should say.

Unfortunately there is a large section of the fanbase who won't except Jose become poch was their darling even though he won fuck all and allowed the team to drift/stagnate, on that basis I fully expect Jose will not last long and yet again the club will be looking for another stooge or manager I should say.
Yeah, I'm one of those. Never wanted Jose but that's not because of Poch (who I had my issues with but still feel he got a raw deal and would have preferred him to ride it out). I've never been a fan of Jose's football, such as it is, and feel that combined with the smaller checkbook will be the reason he goes. Either way it is surely something Harry is considering in regards to staying or going. It is something I would be considering.

Poch got us the bare minimum with a squad that should of won trophies and some of our weak minded fanbase want him back? Is it any wonder we never make it into over the finishing line some of our fans will always have that losing mentality. Fucking weak minded idiots

Poch got us the bare minimum with a squad that should of won trophies and some of our weak minded fanbase want him back? Is it any wonder we never make it into over the finishing line some of our fans will always have that losing mentality. Fucking weak minded idiots

I’ve maintained for years our fans are part of the problem and why we are like we are as a club. I include myself in that!

He ALLOWED the team to stagnate???

Or was it our chairman ALLOWED that. You are actin like Poch didn't request new players, bu the didn't get them...

Oh yes, he got 3 new players in 3 fucking years and due to circumstances and injuries, couldn't even play them properly.

Yeah, things weren't good. But as you can see, Mourinho is on the same path, it's like it isn' about manager can you believe it?

I fully support Mourinho next season. But I'm not gonna lie, looking from here, I would rather if we stick with Poch. Why? Because things would be pretty much the same this season.

Yup, we're all just cucks and betas. But in our defense it is a hard habit to break. Perhaps you could light the way for us, beyond the "bare minimum". But before you do that can you tell us why this "squad that should of [sic] won trophies" has been so shit the last 2 years? Actually, if you could that may help us on this journey of self-improvement from our "weak minded" beginnings. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Or was it our chairman ALLOWED that. You are actin like Poch didn't request new players, bu the didn't get them...

Oh yes, he got 3 new players in 3 fucking years and due to circumstances and injuries, couldn't even play them properly.

Yeah, things weren't good. But as you can see, Mourinho is on the same path, it's like it isn' about manager can you believe it?

I fully support Mourinho next season. But I'm not gonna lie, looking from here, I would rather if we stick with Poch. Why? Because things would be pretty much the same this season.
The decision to let poch go was correct imo the team had been on the slide for a while losing to Colchester with barely a shot on goal was a disgrace.
Then the trashing by Bayern was an embarrassing episode which was no mean feat to achieve considering the clubs history of embarrassing results.
I think Jose is up against it with levy although I will support the manager he isn't going to get what he wants, and therefore the relationship will end in disaster with the club not qualifying for Europe or getting near to winning anything yet again.

Last edited:
I'm pretty convinced Poch wanted to leave by the end, so whether we should have 'stuck with him' at that stage is a moot point anyway.

There are two decisions here:

1. Was it the correct decision to get rid of Poch at the time we did? IMHO it was a tough one given his good work, but we had been on the slide for a while, so probably yes.

2. Was it the right call to bring in Mourinho specifically? Jury very much out on that one.

I don't think it will end happily with Mourinho but he's always been a three-year man at every club he's managed, so it's not really the longevity aspect that worries me here.

That's bullshit.

1. Was it the correct decision to get rid of Poch at the time we did? IMHO it was a tough one given his good work, but we had been on the slide for a while, so probably yes.
Yes, but in this discussion, which is indeed moot as the deed is already done, reasons for the 'slide' are rarely discussed. And that is not even to mention that many that so clearly see said slide in retrospect were oblivious to it in real time. The glaring omission as to why we were on a 'slide' often troubles me. I know some folks omit it for nefarious/agenda reasons (not implying that you are) because they can't process the situation in any other way than to 'turn' on him and revise history.

Just like CroSpurs CroSpurs pointed out he received nary a starting quality player in almost 3 seasons. Hard to keep up what you built without new blood. And he was begging for reinforcements for over 2 years before he left only to be confronted with the Sammy-summer after his first public utterances. How long would you still be up for the fight when faced with that lack of ambition?

No idea what this says Five. Can't see it. But thanks for quoting as I see I missed an 'a' there.

What did we win the 5 years prior then? And how many CL did we qualify for?

I would imagine that after answering those you will better understand the overachievement that the last 5 years was.
SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs we're still waiting on your answers to this, big boy? Remember? They were questions posed in reply to your post
Who is this success oriented manager who speak of? The current manager who is a serial winner? Or the one who had 5 years at Spurs and won nothing?
Which I believe was in response to JT writing about Poch. Take your time. I'm familiar with your well reasoned and exquisitely detailed argumentation so I'm aware that it takes some time for proper development. But you must understand our anticipation is getting the best of us. I'm dying to see which manager you've concluded JT was talking about.

SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs we're still waiting on your answers to this, big boy? Remember? They were questions posed in reply to your post

Which I believe was in response to JT writing about Poch. Take your time. I'm familiar with your well reasoned and exquisitely detailed argumentation so I'm aware that it takes some time for proper development. But you must understand our anticipation is getting the best of us. I'm dying to see which manager you've concluded JT was talking about.
What has what happened 10 years ago got to do with anything?

The facts remain Poch has never won a bean, Mourinho has. To call Poch a success orientated manager is a nonsense. I'm sure even someone who struggles with facts such as yourself can realise that.

What has what happened 10 years ago got to do with anything?

The facts remain Poch has never won a bean, Mourinho has. To call Poch a success orientated manager is a nonsense. I'm sure even someone who struggles with facts such as yourself can realise that.
I'm sure this comes as a complete surprise to everyone (in fact I am shocked!) but this reply doesn't address my questions dear sir. I'm sure this was just a mere oversight on your part considering your usually keen attention to detail. Similarly, your answering of a question with a question was surely an unintended misstep in your otherwise exemplary comportment on this board.

So, considering your affinity for 'facts' and your desire to impugn Poch at all opportunities I've asked you to address what the club had won in the 5 years previous to Poch's arrival. Beyond that, how many CLs did the club qualify for in those years? And if you are feeling charitable you could even throw in how many consecutive CLs were achieved but that can be dealer's choice if you prefer.

Again, we look forward to your illuminating response Mr H. We are sorry to have bothered you a second time but we feel that a clarification would serve both parties in this instance. And considering how much of a good-faith broker you are typically we feel that this matter wouldn't be too great an imposition as it gives you the opportunity to further burnish your credentials as such. And beyond that it should only take 1 word to answer each question.

Back
Top Bottom