POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
Haven't been in for a while...fuck knows why as I have loads of time on my hands and had to say hi to Bazali Bazali hello mate. Hope you are well

Hi mate
I’m good thanks and still holding the fort against repeated snowflake attacks

Hope you and yours are well

Hi mate
I’m good thanks and still holding the fort against repeated snowflake attacks

Hope you and yours are well

Snowflake attacks lol! Fucking love you man! 2 teenagers in the house pretty much living the ordinary life of teens by staying indoors and using phones, tablets etc for fun! Missus works in a shop so a bit worrying and am working from home and really enjoying the sun. Missing the gym though #fatty no mates!

Snowflake attacks lol! Fucking love you man! 2 teenagers in the house pretty much living the ordinary life of teens by staying indoors and using phones, tablets etc for fun! Missus works in a shop so a bit worrying and am working from home and really enjoying the sun. Missing the gym though #fatty no mates!

Keep smiling 😉

I’ve just read that Spurs and Poch are discussing him taking a reduction in the amount we are still paying him.

I‘m not sure why anyone would want to help an organisation that fired them.

What a comeback! You're one of the most unpleasant posters on this forum, but act like you're a bastion of virtue. Every other post of yours is desperately trying to trigger an argument you inevitably lose.

Yet you and your right-wing cronies are baffled when people have an issue with it. Utterly deluded.
Oh Mad Jerry we have been here before.

1. Not every post of mine is looking for an argument. I proved this to you last time you said it. Do you remember when you said I was looking for cunt offs all the time, yet I proved you use the word and look for the rows more than I?
Poor flower.

2. I'm right wing? Really? Stupid response, not even sure why I'm replying to it.

Your issue is you were 'outed' and you know what about...

Oh Mad Jerry we have been here before.

1. Not every post of mine is looking for an argument. I proved this to you last time you said it. Do you remember when you said I was looking for cunt offs all the time, yet I proved you use the word and look for the rows more than I?
Poor flower.

2. I'm right wing? Really? Stupid response, not even sure why I'm replying to it.

Your issue is you were 'outed' and you know what about...

What a bullshit reply.

You're constantly looking for cunt offs. You goad people constantly, and getting into more of them than most. Like your embarrassing argument with Knightbillynick Knightbillynick yesterday. Acting like a hard man yet you post Google pictures to pretend you've shown up. Pathetic.

Being a yellow Tory doesn't make you centre or left.

I was carded because of the clique disliking me highlighting the hypocrisy of them applauding the NHS. Show me any evidence to prove otherwise. Obviously you can't because you're full of it. You'll get your 'like' from that weasel Baz and assume you know what you're talking about.

You really don't.

I'm not sure why we are still paying somebody we fired.
The terms of his contract. Pretty much the standard terms of every professional football contract.

Because football is fucking broken.
Hopefully this crisis fixes much of the shocking waste we see.

Personally, I think managers don't have a very long shelf life anymore and should NEVER be paid to leave.
Levy put Poch on a huge salary with a long term on it to put rival clubs off taking him. Like most chairmen do.
The problem is, managers don't, and won't, last that long anymore. They then get themselves sacked once they lose interest (or get tapped up) as they will never resign and forfeit their payout.
When you think about the fact there are people losing their livlihoods because of this lockdown and, at the same time, there are unemployed football managers, who were sacked for gross incompetence being paid millions for the privilege, it makes me sick.

That entire scenario HAS to be eradicated from football forever. It's quite simple really. If a club sacks a manager who is achieving his goals in terms of league position, Cup success, player contract management etc then they should be paid if they're sacked. If the manager is in 14th place and getting dicked 2-7 at your £1bn home stadium, you get sacked and thats the end of it.

Because football is fucking broken.
Hopefully this crisis fixes much of the shocking waste we see.

Personally, I think managers don't have a very long shelf life anymore and should NEVER be paid to leave.
Levy put Poch on a huge salary with a long term on it to put rival clubs off taking him. Like most chairmen do.
The problem is, managers don't, and won't, last that long anymore. They then get themselves sacked once they lose interest (or get tapped up) as they will never resign and forfeit their payout.
When you think about the fact there are people losing their livlihoods because of this lockdown and, at the same time, there are unemployed football managers, who were sacked for gross incompetence being paid millions for the privilege, it makes me sick.

That entire scenario HAS to be eradicated from football forever. It's quite simple really. If a club sacks a manager who is achieving his goals in terms of league position, Cup success, player contract management etc then they should be paid if they're sacked. If the manager is in 14th place and getting dicked 2-7 at your £1bn home stadium, you get sacked and thats the end of it.
Nobody would sign a fixed term contract on that basis

Nobody would sign a fixed term contract on that basis

And thats the point.
There aren't going to be anymore Fergie or Wengers. Managers are past it after 5 years at best. Why risk paying a sacked manager £10m when you can risk him going elsewhere of his own accord anyway.

Back
Top Bottom