POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
Second is nothing

Nope, second is a lot different to nothing. All those memories of the run into the final, the Ajax and Man City games - I was there, those memories are not nothing. Not to me anyway. Just the same as my memories of Hoddle, Ardiles & Gascoigne - they didn't win the league or the European cup either. That doesn't make me 'a loser' my friend.

I agree, of course I do, that winning a star would have been sweet, much sweeter than second but life is defined by how you act, not how rich you are. Football is defined by how you play, not how much you win.

Nope, second is a lot different to nothing. All those memories of the run into the final, the Ajax and Man City games - I was there, those memories are not nothing. Not to me anyway. Just the same as my memories of Hoddle, Ardiles & Gascoigne - they didn't win the league or the European cup either. That doesn't make me 'a loser' my friend.

I agree, of course I do, that winning a star would have been sweet, much sweeter than second but life is defined by how you act, not how rich you are. Football is defined by how you play, not how much you win.
Football is defined by what you win I'm afraid.

Best manager since Nicholson? Nope. I think you'll find Burkinshaw holds that 'title'.

a8cb4d3cb58496558f7238416bf23c74--tottenham-hotspur-players-manager.jpg

It’s an utter embarrassment that people make such a claim. It was rampant a couple of seasons back and I was actually getting carded for saying that he wasn't in the same league as a manager that won a UEFA cup and 2 FA cups.

The hold the man has on some of our supporters is quite something. They’ll readily forget his final 12 months and happily talk down the clubs stature and past success in order to elevate him.

Last edited:
It’s an utter embarrassment that people make such a claim. It was rampant a couple of seasons back and I was actually getting carded for saying that he wasn't in the same league as a manager that won a UEFA cup and 2 FA cups.

The hold the man has on some of supporters is quite something. They’ll readily forget his final 12 months and happily talk the clubs stature and past success in order to elevate him.

That there is fake news.

It had nothing to do with Berkinshaw....

That there is fake news.

It had nothing to do with Berkinshaw.

Good to know you have a better knowledge of my account and postings than I do. I was banned on multiple occasions but you know why more than I do - got ya

No it wasn’t about Burkinshaw it had everything to do with Pochettino and the weird little cult he has on Spurs forums who wouldn’t accept even the slightest criticisms of him.

Good to know you have a better knowledge of my account and postings than I do. I was banned on multiple occasions but you know why more than I do - got ya

No it wasn’t about Burkinshaw it had everything to do with Pochettino and the weird little cult he has on Spurs forms who wouldn’t accept the slightest of criticisms of him.
Ignore him the blokes a self praising tart

No it wasn’t about Burkinshaw it had everything to do with Pochettino and the weird little cult he has on Spurs forums who wouldn’t accept even the slightest criticisms of him.

So I'm right then. :mourthumb:

Football is defined by what you win I'm afraid.

Well no mate, it's defined by how you choose to define it - I won't accept your definition so we'll agree to differ.

I think getting to the CL final was fantastic, I enjoyed each and every goal-in-the-last-minute of it (apart from the final, sat in a quiet NWHL, watching us play crap on big screens, which was horrible).

You think losing in the final means we are losers and the season was a failure - my mates that support Liverpool think that too. Each to their own - I'm glad I'm not them.

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom”

“The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom”

Good old Danny - great player terrible manager.

The club's greatest ever manager and one of the games best ever said this

If you don’t win anything, you have had a bad season.”

and
“Spurs have got to be the best in the land, not the second best.”

But hey what does Nicholson know compared to the modern supporter who 'understands' the meaning of success

Back
Top Bottom