Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
I think he will be back in the next 15 years, but this summer it will be too soon. He should earn more expereince, grab a few titles and learn the game.

We, on the other side, need to do a proper overhaul and instill a DOF. It's not the right time for him to return.

Not this summer. It would be too early. A lot of the issues in the squad that got him fired in the first place (not to mention any professional tension with Levy/Hitchen) will still be too raw.

Better to let a few years pass to let the squad refresh itself and any other issues become water under the bridge. Usually when a manager returns quickly to a club it doesn't end up good.

I don't doubt that he will be back one day. But not this soon after leaving.
I agree its too early.

But given the other options, I'd have him back - difficulties be damned. If Levy were committed to a squad clear out and whatever professional issues that lead to such low levels of recruitment were sorted.

I only voted yes because our other options seem so 'meh'. But it's not going to happen this time around. Still, most of our managerial appointments rarely last more than a season and a half (notable exception being Poch!)
:pochhail:

I always took the quote to mean that they'd be back in the stands watching Spurs at some point.

You have to think Poch has other jobs on his list before he'd even consider us anyway. Argentina is at least a 4 year job assuming all goes well. Maybe even try to take in two World Cups.

If there was to be a return as manager...which I rate at about 2% likely...it won't be for a long, long time.

If he loses the semi there’s a good chance PSG cut him loose. I think it’s a slim possibility, but if he’s available I could see it.

Last edited:
I'd be all over it.

Be amazing if poch wins the champions league with psg proving to levy he can do it with a few kabillion, levy writes him a blank cheque and spurs are on their way to Wembley.

Levy has had his silly affair with Jose and learnt his lesson. Many happy years ahead.

My god.

Let it be. Let it beeee!

Back
Top Bottom