Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Love Poch and it was perhaps wrong to let him go rather than let him rebuild but once a manager is gone we have to move on. I also doubt Poch would want to return with Levy in charge.

Why would he come back?
Why would we take him back now?
He left the team at 14th place and the way we played was not 1 gram better than under Mou who was recently sacked.

I would like us to try someone new.
Not manager who could not win a title nor even Carabao cup with team that had prime Jan, Toby, Walker, Dembele, Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli and Kane in it. People are so eager to create black-and-white narrative of how Levy=universally negative; Poch=universally positive and keep forgetting such facts.

We need a rebuild under new manager, not returning to the old one right now.

Nothing against him coming back in future when he has more experiences. But right now is not the time, and now he is not the right man for the job.

Why would we take him back now?
He left the team at 14th place and the way we played was not 1 gram better than under Mou who was recently sacked.

I would like us to try someone new.
Not manager who could not win a title nor even Carabao cup with team that had prime Jan, Toby, Walker, Dembele, Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli and Kane in it. People are so eager to create black-and-white narrative of how Levy=universally negative; Poch=universally positive and keep forgetting such facts.

We need a rebuild under new manager, not returning to the old one right now.

Nothing against him coming back in future when he has more experiences. But right now is not the time, and now he is not the right man for the job.
The "Poch left us in 14th" thing, implying he left us in a relegation fight is so disengenuous. We were on 14 points, Sheffield United were 5th with 17.

Levy fucked Poch with the summer of no transfers. It left the players comfortable and gave them no reason to work hard.
Yes, the transfer activity across the windows between summer 2017 and Jan 2019 was a disaster, other than Lucas Moura and at a push Llorente. That's what ultimately caused Poch to burn out and lose his job, in hindsight.

Levy fucked Poch with the summer of no transfers. It left the players comfortable and gave them no reason to work hard.
My boss is a Liverpool fan and he always quotes one of their former coaches.
"I'd always tell the team I was bringing a few new players in. I wouldn't say who or what position, but it kept them on their toes"

Back
Top Bottom