Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
It really shows the incompetence and limitations of the board that they have to ask him to come back.

Not too sure how I feel about this.
Want Poch back, but not as the next manager, but as the next next manager in effect, when hopefully we have sorted our shit out.

Can only see him damaging his legacy with us, unless properly backed by Levy.

However if he does come back, will certainly be the ultimate factor in me deciding to renew season ticket, and will sing his name loud and proud up and down the country next season.

I know, I know...I foolishly placed this bet last night...

Screenshot-20210527-100803.jpg
My mate got 50’s last week

Well, is everybody happy?
mixed feelings.

Better than Ten Hag, Martinez, Nuno or Potter for me, still feels like that moment when the lights come up at the disco and the plain bird and geezer look at each other and settle for it rather than going home empty handed.

Personally that's the moment I'm already sat in the kebab shop looking forwards to a wank later, but I was always way too picky for my own good.

PSG comment.

"Tottenham may be looking to start a fire in somebody else's house to deflect from their own arson"

Did nobody tell them we are storming ahead, blazing new trails, as inaugural members of the exclusive ECL? Bloody jealous French.

It would be like 'Poch has been out on loan in a lower league, learning how to win trophies' (well, one trophy).

Obviously they mean something or the bookies would all go bust...
With everyone else falling away and Poch failing to win the French league I reckon its happening

But yeah its not nailed on of course, never suggested it was.

Well as you explain, it means something. It means the bookies are seeing raising bets on an outcome, and so shortening their odds as a defensive mechanism.

Its a response to betting patterns/media, an algorithm - not "inside knowledge" of something happening.

Hence the odds on all those other managers shortening drastically based on the news of the day.

Poch may come back, but it wont validate the use of betting odds as a measure of its liklihood, same as happens whenever a player is linked...

Head = No
Heart = Yes

I went with my heart.
Exactly. I don't agree with "never go back", just look at Moyes, Mourinho at Chelsea, Zidane at Real etc. but I'm afraid it's too soon for him. Still, I want to see him back in the dugout...

Don't understand the "too soon"argument. What would be an acceptable time period? 3 years? 5 years? If you're the chairman and you think he gives the team the best chance to win, you go get him. Its that simple. There's no magic time frame that makes it ok to hire him again.

I watched the Lille game on Sunday night and when they clinched the Title I did wonder if Pochettino might be gone, then a return to Spurs did occur to me but I pretty much dismissed it.
Is it just as simple as Pochettino leaving PSG as he failed to win the League and Levy seeing the opportunity to bring him back in and persuade Kane to stay.
Not sure.

I watched the Lille game on Sunday night and when they clinched the Title I did wonder if Pochettino might be gone then a return to Spurs did occur to me but I dismissed it.
Is it just as simple as Pochettino leaving PSG as he failed to win the League and Levy seeing him as the man to come back in and persuade Kane to stay.
Not sure.
PSG also gave him a pretty shit contract. I know Poch signed it, but he's essentially one step above a caretaker manager there.

Back
Top Bottom