Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Poch lives in my memory as a manager who took us on a title challenge playing great football, and to a CL final after one of the most dramatic last minute goals ever - great memories but ultimately no trophy. If he comes back now, when nothing essentially has changed, I think this memory will be tarnished. I don’t want him back until we’ve both won something.

pochettinolevy.jpg

If it's us or Madrid, he's going to go Madrid.

Shame because he'd probably actually get levy to listen to him this time round.

I think levy knows he's not exactly loved at the moment and needs to do something that might please the fans.

Poch lives in my memory as a manager who took us on a title challenge playing great football, and to a CL final after one of the most dramatic last minute goals ever - great memories but ultimately no trophy. If he comes back now, when nothing essentially has changed, I think this memory will be tarnished. I don’t want him back until we’ve both won something.

He will probably be dead by then to be fair if you are waiting on Spurs.

Won the French Cup last week.
Not forgetting the french version of the charity shield.

That won't happen in my opinion. If he can't take the PSG heat then no way can he stand that of Madrid.

Real Madrid is just about the worst job anyone can take. They are the biggest club in the world with huge history but they are broke, you have all the expectation of the greatest ever club and the funds of Spurs now.

PSG on the other hand have money but have already eaten Tuchel and look like they will with Poch. Two top managers, sounds like the environment with Leonardo is horrific.

Much as I hate City and Liverpool their DoF set-up and support structure make them a much better team for a manager than Real or PSG at this point.

I will say this as both a defence of Poch and sort of for Levy. The period that went fucked was around the stadium and just after, we had to play at Wembley for ages and we didn’t spend for a full 18 months and not much net before that.

That is huge stress on the manager, the team and the board and it’s not going to happen again unless we build a new stadium which we won’t.

The problem is Levy and the board played down the effect on the team saying it wouldn’t affect it when it clearly did. This made people think Poch didn’t want new players and everything was the clubs design. By doing this Poch was thrown under the bus and to some degree Levy and the board even threw themselves under it.

They should have been honest with fans and said 2 years or so will be brutal but long term there will be big benefits. Instead it made Poch, Levy and the board look like they had suddenly turned to shit. The communication was a nonsense and Poch is a better man than me because I would have held it against the club.

Last edited:
I was originally against Poch coming back because I thought that it was likely a PR move by Levy to try and placate the fans without actually doing anything.

But now reading all the cry baby responses and naysayers I really want him back. Yes it will be nauseating listening to everyone telling us how bad this makes us look and how every time we don't win by 20 it will be Poch's fault, but he was by far our best manager in decades and the best option of any manager out there.

Sure it might not work out but fuck it, screw the negative Nancy's and Debbie Downers let's bring him back.

I was originally against Poch coming back because I thought that it was likely a PR move by Levy to try and placate the fans without actually doing anything.

But now reading all the cry baby responses and naysayers I really want him back. Yes it will be nauseating listening to everyone telling us how bad this makes us look and how every time we don't win by 20 it will be Poch's fault, but he was by far our best manager in decades and the best option of any manager out there.

Sure it might not work out but fuck it, screw the negative Nancy's and Debbie Downers let's bring him back.

He won’t have the stadium move, 18 months of no spending or low spending as well. All that pressure will be gone.

If Levy is willing to back a rebuild and the next manager then Poch is the right fit for me. If anyone is going to know what this shit show needs, it's the guy who called the shit show and got sacked for it. I'm not worried about it being a failure if he comes back, as long as everyone is patient and realizes that he's not going to fix it overnight.

It's up to the club to own their mistake and back whoever is in next, Poch or not.

LOL.

No you weren't, you're probably the biggest Poch fanboy on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom