Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
He does lol. When a player wants out is bad, but it's even worse if your coach doesn't want to be there.

Yep.
I was responding to someone that incorrectly said that we just have to pay up his contract to PSG and they automatically have to let him go. That is bollocks.

And then someone else said he could just hand in his notice and again they would have to let him go.
Again that is bollocks.

Without PSG agreeing to him going, and being adequately compensated in their eyes, and that could well be more than the value of his remaining contract, he does not go. And the way this is going and if we have approached him without PSG permission there could be other issues for us, and a settlement greater than his contract would be needed for him to be released.

‘Gardening leave’ doesn’t really exist in the world of sports. It relates to financial services and the sharing of confidential information. It’s a competition clause. It also has to be reasonable weeks/months, not a year.

By the way, I don’t think he’s coming back, but not because of his contract.

What do you think Poch was on for 18 months ?

Yep.
I was responding to someone that incorrectly said that we just have to pay up his contract to PSG and they automatically have to let him go. That is bollocks.

And then someone else said he could just hand in his notice and again they would have to let him go.
Again that is bollocks.

Without PSG agreeing to him going, and being adequately compensated in their eyes, and that could well be more than the value of his remaining contract, he does not go. And the way this is going and if we have approached him without PSG permission there could be other issues for us, and a settlement greater than his contract would be needed for him to be released.
You really think PSG would keep him just because? If he wants out, he's gone, end of. They won't stop him, because, why would they?

What do you think Poch was on for 18 months ?
He was sat at home getting paid. Because *we* terminated the contact. We owed him.

The moment he took a job, the money stopped. He could have walked into a position the very next day.

If Jose hadn’t taken Roma, we’d still be paying him.

In this instance, it’s the Manager walking out, not the manager being fired.

You really think PSG would keep him just because? If he wants out, he's gone, end of. They won't stop him, because, why would they?

No I am not saying they would necessarily stop him leaving.
However they would make it as difficult as they could, and as costly as they could for us.

But if PSG want Zidane then that would resolve it

Bit of a coincidence Poch Zidane and Conte all being talked about with the last two free agents

He was sat at home getting paid. Because *we* terminated the contact. We owed him.

The moment he took a job, the money stopped. He could have walked into a position the very next day.

If Jose hadn’t taken Roma, we’d still be paying him.

In this instance, it’s the Manager walking out, not the manager being fired.

I know.

But that is the definition of gardening leave, sitting at home being paid, even though in your reply you said gardening leave doesn't exist in sports, and now you have quoted 2 very recent incidents involving Spurs managers.

Steve Bruce trying to leave Palace to join Birmingham was a test case of manager who handed in notice and was placed on garden leave and upheld by court, and Palace only released after being offered 4 times original compensation value.
Alan Pardew another such example leaving Reading to West Ham.

Last edited:
T
But if PSG want Zidane then that would resolve it

Bit of a coincidence Poch Zidane and Conte all being talked about with the last two free agents
They will resolve it anyway. They need new manager, they can't be going over whole summer to let that be distraction.

If it's true, of course.

I really do wish sammyspurs sammyspurs was about for this.

The ‘frisson’ would be delicious.
Undertaker GIF by memecandy

Soon...

"Deep in my heart I am sure our paths will cross again. From the day I left the club, my dream is to be back one day and to try to finish the work we didn't finish.
We were so close to winning the Premier League and Champions League.
Deep inside I want to go back because the fans are so special. Before I die I want to manage Tottenham."

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom