Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Look, it wasn't working the last time despite us coming so close and we had a far better team then and the competition around us was not as strong as it is now tbh.

If there are legs in this, it just shows baldy up as even more inept. We were stale for a year at least under MP, always constrained to a tight budget, usually big gaps in the squad...what Poch's system asked of some players was ridiculous, Trippier needed an extra set of lungs to do what was being asked tbh, was scapegoated like fuck and we are even worse at full back now...and have substantially less creativity in the middle of the park.

He'll have his same favourites, some he'll want out, some of the squad will still be hanging around like stale fucking fag smoke etc. I just don't get it. Shite away for almost a year.

Don't look back, move forwards. Don't eat the 'Memberberries tbh.

Sorry I disagreed mate, but this bloke gets us. All managers at his level have ability, but he has a passion for us. If Levy backs him he has the potential to become legendary. I say Levy should go for broke - get him and back him to the hilt.
No need to apologise!

Yeah I agree, and that's why I said too soon rather than never.

I'd love to see him back. His emotion at the last day at the old WHL said everything.

I just don't want him dealing with the same mess he left us with, and if I'm honest I don't rate his judgement of players. Aurier, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, it's not a good list.

Let’s say he does come back , how long do we give him? If after 4 years we are still yet to win anything but back in the CL is that counting as being successful ! ? Are we also happy for Him to bin off the apparent ego boosting cups and just go all out for top 4?

No need to apologise!

Yeah I agree, and that's why I said too soon rather than never.

I'd love to see him back. His emotion at the last day at the old WHL said everything.

I just don't want him dealing with the same mess he left us with, and if I'm honest I don't rate his judgement of players. Aurier, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, it's not a good list.
Hopefully he has reflected, distanced himself and rebooted. I agree with you 100%

Hopefully he has reflected, distanced himself and rebooted. I agree with you 100%
PSG wanting Aurier worries me, but hopefully that was more to do with Leonardo.

I think Pochettino needs to be blunt and say to the team, 'I'm going to put together a young team that will change as you get older, but for that period of time you'll have the time of your lives.'

I'm sure he values my advice :pochsmirk:

No idea if this is the right move but the narrative that he took over a team full of great players in 2014 is way off. This was the team and bench for his first game Hugo, Naughton, Kaboul, Dier, Rose, Bentaleb, Capoue, Lamela, Lennon , Eriksen, Adebayor. Subs Friedel, Dawson, Davies, Holtby, Townsend, Soldado, Kane. I'm guessing Walker, Vertonghen and Dembele were injured. Its like now, a few players past their best, some talent that had got lazy and unfit and a load of wasters with a shitty attitude. What we need to do is buy some quality young players this summer and not the 2021 version of Fazio and Stambouli.

This is how utterly clueless the guys at the top of Tottenham must be.

Sacking Jose 6 days before a Cup Final and putting a 29 year old rookie in charge has to be one of the dumbest decisions we've ever made.....

And that includes hiring Gross and Jaques santini....
Why? Morale, performances and results were tanking - we should have sacked cunt a month prior, I don’t think he had a better chance than Mason whatsoever

Fuck it bring back arry. Get Crouchy in. Stick him upfront put some crosses into him. What’s kranjcar up to these days? Triffic lad bring him back in. Scotty Parker, call him in to give Harry winks an uppercut and show him how to play proper Mexican hat dance football. I wanna see arry roll up on the sky news reporters 30 minutes before deadline day closes in his Range Rover, “naaaaa nuffin appening’, but we might get messi” get Gomes the octopus back in goal, old nervous butterfingers

Back
Top Bottom