Poch coming back to Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think Pochettino would be a good choice for our next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 175 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 39.7%

• Total voters
Just had it confirmed to me that it is all agreed and will be signed and announced after the weekend. #circles

my sentimental side loves the idea. My head says Levy should have backed him instead of wasting money on Jose and Poch isn’t strong enough with the current management.

Anyway it’s done so let’s move on and look forward to next season.

COYS
Idk if this is a piss take but is this actual ITK , ik this isn't SC but I believe we have some snippets of ITK on here time to time.

Either way would be interesting if true.

Enlighten me
Would just be repeating what I've said in previous posts (go take a look); though I haven't mentioned, he had his ass saved by Moura in the CL semis and then fucking DROPPED him for the final after he scored a fucking HATTRICK, and, again, showed his tactical weakness, with a totally embarrasing performance.

We sacked him because he lost the plot!

I feel like Poch's last season is interesting to look at.

I'll start with some cons :
- Clearly lost the players 7-2 bayern , 3-0 Brighton , results not improving at all
- Became very stubborn. Sanchez kept starting at RB despite that not being a solution at all. Diamond midfield that didn't work. Other things I've forgotten too.
- Summer signings weren't the best. All sort of 'potential' and Ndombele only one to really start who wasn't fit enough.
- Poch/Levy clearly fell out I think in particular over signings. Poch offered Tielemans multiple times and yet he rejected.
- Too much speculation that he wouldn't shut down as well
Put it this way it was clear that there were issues with Poch and Poch was doing very well in the media to conceal the fact. Relationship had deteriated massively.

However, there are some things to say about Poch
- Ultimately he should've been backed and given a full rebuild. Under Mourinho we have got worse , less pts , finished lower etc..
Poch has clearly been proven right.
Levy thought getting a new manager would be cheaper than backing the current one. His thinking was wrong.
Bringing Poch back would be admitting to the cock-up but he needs to fix it too. Its critical that if Poch were to return that he would be fully backed.
Saying that any manager who came into the job would need some backing and money.
But If Poch in particular , its clear he fell out with quite a few players (should've added that to the cons list) People like Alderweireld have to go because the manager does not rate them.
The club/Poch should also finally shift the deadwood. Idk if he still rates Lamela/Sissoko/Winks but hopefully all are gone.

While Mourinho's time wasn't good. Bergwijn , Reguilon , Hojbjerg , Rodon and Bale(kind of) were positive signings and those are good tools for Poch to work with.
Reguilon similar to Walker before Poch started working with him
Hojbjerg could be something similar to Wanyama . bare in mind Poch had to keep playing with Winks/Sissoko pivot that he probably didn't want to but was his only choice. Skipp also to return to so that could help.
Rodon a good young CB to nurture. Bergwijn the same has the potential.
Bale if he came back would give Poch that player that would help us in those games under Poch where we would draw 0-0 or 1-1 against lesser teams.

I think I've veered way off topic now but my point is everything wasn't rosey with Poch but clearly SPurs ideal candidate is Poch or someone in the mould of him and if he was given full backing (like every other manager should but particular in this case in terms of selling certain players) then we could see better things from when he left.

Last edited:
I feel like Poch's last season is interesting to look at.

I'll start with some cons :
- Clearly lost the players 7-2 bayern , 3-0 Brighton , results not improving at all
- Became very stubborn. Sanchez kept starting at RB despite that not being a solution at all. Diamond midfield that didn't work. Other things I've forgotten too.
- Summer signings weren't the best. All sort of 'potential' and Ndombele only one to really start who wasn't fit enough.
- Poch/Levy clearly fell out I think in particular over signings. Poch offered Tielemans multiple times and yet he rejected.
- Too much speculation that he wouldn't shut down as well
Put it this way it was clear that there were issues with Poch and Poch was doing very well in the media to conceal the fact. Relationship had deteriated massively.

However, there are some things to say about Poch
- Ultimately he should've been backed and given a full rebuild. Under Mourinho we have got worse , less pts , finished lower etc..
Poch has clearly been proven right.
Levy thought getting a new manager would be cheaper than backing the current one. His thinking was wrong.
Bringing Poch back would be admitting to the cock-up but he needs to fix it too. Its critical that if Poch were to return that he would be fully backed.
Saying that any manager who came into the job would need some backing and money.
But If Poch in particular , its clear he fell out with quite a few players (should've added that to the cons list) People like Alderweireld have to go because the manager does not rate them.
The club/Poch should also finally shift the deadwood. Idk if he still rates Lamela/Sissoko/Winks but hopefully all are gone.

While Mourinho's time wasn't good. Bergwijn , Reguilon , Hojbjerg , Rodon and Bale(kind of) were positive signings and those are good tools for Poch to work with.
Reguilon similar to Walker before Poch started working with him
Hojbjerg could be something similar to Wanyama . bare in mind Poch had to keep playing with Winks/Sissoko pivot that he probably didn't want to but was his only choice.
Rodon a good young CB to nurture. Bergwijn the same has the potential.
Bale if he came back would give Poch that player that would help us in those games under Poch where we would draw 0-0 or 1-1 against lesser teams.

I think I've veered way off topic now but my point is everything wasn't rosey with Poch but clearly SPurs ideal candidate is Poch or someone in the mould of him and if he was given full backing (like every other manager should but particular in this case in terms of selling certain players) then we could see better things from when he left.

Forgot to say how bad that defense was at the start of 2019/20

- Tripper left
- Walker-Peters/Foyth injured
- Aurier/Poch didn't work
- Alderweireld fell out with Poch
- Vertonghen injured and very out of form
- Rose out of form
- Sanchez/Davies only ones not really affected and well... That doesn't bode well.

We sacked him because we started the PL season off like shit and levy didn’t want to admit it was his fault for not rebuilding the squad.
Seriously, why don't all you revisors of history go back and look in the poch thread and the matchday threads from around that time.

It's all there.

The squad needed rebuilding, but poch became stale and stubborn and showed he was, tactically, very limited.

He needed to go off and mature and develop and come back in a few years time.

Seriously, why don't all you revisors of history go back and look in the poch thread and the matchday threads from around that time.

It's all there.

The squad needed rebuilding, but poch became stale and stubborn and showed he was, tactically, very limited.

He needed to go off and mature and develop and come back in a few years time.
Poch certainly made mistakes. But I don’t think he needs tactical advise from the guy that wants to start tanganga and foyth at central midfield.

Would just be repeating what I've said in previous posts (go take a look); though I haven't mentioned, he had his ass saved by Moura in the CL semis and then fucking DROPPED him for the final after he scored a fucking HATTRICK, and, again, showed his tactical weakness, with a totally embarrasing performance.

We sacked him because he lost the plot!
I disagree, that's simple hindsight. If he didn't play Kane and we lost then people go after him for not playing our best attacker.

Lucas had a great Ajax game and a few moments throughout the year but he wasn't a consistent threat for us.

🚨🚨NEW ITK ALERT🚨🚨

I've just received groundbreaking information from the club about the shocking new managerial appointment!!!

All you need to do to know is send your credit card number, the three numbers on the back, and the expiration date.

When Jose was shit it was his fault when Poch bottles it and get's knocked out by Colchester it's Levy's fault.

May as well rename the forum to PFC (Poch Fan Club).

Back
Top Bottom